BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-23-2020, 08:22 PM   #1
drs4life@comcast.net
Rep
Drives: 2016 F13 M6 Competition

F13 M6 diff making clunking noise when shifting

Need a lil' advice, got an 2016 F13 M6 FBO Stg2 BM3 tune. occasionally i've been feeling a clucking/jerking motion when accelerating in low gears & now its a constant clunking noise coming from the rear, mostly @ lower speeds. out of curiosity, I checked underneath the car as I felt the sound was coming from the Diff. after getting her in the air, I began playing with the rear wheels & freely rotating them, as I was also suspicious of the axles as well. when I would quickly move the heel back & then forth, I'd hear the exact clunking noise, so I got under her & discovered that the diff would jerk up & down as there is some play in the two mounting bolts on the rear, is this normal & should I tighten them? or is this expected behavior for the DCT & those bolts supposed to have some play.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0