BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-15-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Excessive inner tire wear solution? Kmac

nahh

Last edited by mastatikle; 10-14-2022 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: shh
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Is it rears only? I've had issues before on other bmw models where adjusting won't fix it anymore, it's only a part replacement that will do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #3
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Is it rears only? I've had issues before on other bmw models where adjusting won't fix it anymore, it's only a part replacement that will do the trick.
Yeah I only noticed it in the rears and it’s both of them, I made an appointment to get an alignment check tomorrow. I’m always in comfort suspension mode too so when I do get on it, the suspension probably just collapses and adds more camber wear. The KMAC kit is supposed to add adjustability +/- 1° of camber whole oem only does toe, I don’t know the accuracy of that statement. But before I spend 500+ install on two little bushings I want to make sure they work how I want them too lol. What part replacement will do the trick? I’ll probably replace other bushings too with oem since things will be apart anyways.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #4
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Ball joint boots maybe? I dont recall unfortunately - I was chewing tires and the alignment and toe did nothing... I was at around 70k miles however and I had an indy handle it -
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 12:44 PM   #5
2th Dctr
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

My car is doing the same thing. Had alignment done twice and new rear wheels. Only had the car for 10K miles so I'll keep you up to date. Never been scared to drive a car b/c of excessive tire wear before
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 05:07 PM   #6
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th Dctr View Post
My car is doing the same thing. Had alignment done twice and new rear wheels. Only had the car for 10K miles so I'll keep you up to date. Never been scared to drive a car b/c of excessive tire wear before
I did a little research and the kmac will not do too much maybe a little for toe adjustment. I don’t know if a bushing is worn out or what but I don’t want to tear the whole rear apart replacing good items. I’m more than like just going to have the fab shop that builds my race cars build me a custom set of control arms so I can have full control over camber and actually plant the tires. Because when you launch or use excessive throttle the suspension compressed and increase negative camber and inner tire wear..
Appreciate 0