BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #1
yusufp92
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Need your advice on a 2017 M6 Gran Coupe

Hey everyone, new guy here.

I am very very close to purchasing a 2017 BMW M6 Gran Coupe from one of the non BMW dealerships in brooklyn in the next few days and I just have a few questions since I've never owned a BMW, (but drove M's many many times).

I understand this vehicle is on a top end of the M's and maintenance could be very expensive. I believe I've found a good deal on this one, with a competition package, and an executive package. One thing I cannot help but think about is if it's possible to roll back the miles on these cars. I know for newer end of german cars it's impossible to roll it back, but I still have to ask. I do not suspect them of doing so, but it is still in the back of my head.

This car has 4 months of original factory warranty left, and I will look to extend it. Does BMW offer extension to these M models through dealerships? If so, how much does it typically cost? If BMW doesn't offer extended warranties, what is a best and I guess affordable 3rd party warranty company which i can go with?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 09:48 AM   #2
limitless831
Rep
Drives: Landrover Discovery HSE, M6 GC

Get an extended warranty! You'll thank me later.
Some people have purchased pre-owned M cars and literally 500 miles later something breaks. Other cases have been nothing breaking at all for years. Better safe then sorry, Extended warranty is the best purchase you'll make, aside from purchasing the vehicle
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
m6NYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé

Mileage tampering is 110% possible on these cars. Buy on condition/maintenance/wear not on mileage.
Appreciate 0