BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-25-2019, 12:01 AM   #1
F82_zoe
Private
Rep
Drives: M6

M6 NewwB

Hey what's up everyone I just traded out of an M4 and got into a 2014 M6 with 22k on its one owner clean Carfax for some reason I miss my M4 lol but anyways I have bootmod3 which I will be transferring what other mods can be done. I really want to here more of the motor so maybe some exhaust work.
Question do they have exhaust flaps ? I was able to control them using BimmerLink for my M4 but when I use the app with my M6 it doesn't see the flap function.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:01 AM   #2
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82_zoe View Post
Hey what's up everyone I just traded out of an M4 and got into a 2014 M6 with 22k on its one owner clean Carfax for some reason I miss my M4 lol but anyways I have bootmod3 which I will be transferring what other mods can be done. I really want to here more of the motor so maybe some exhaust work.
Question do they have exhaust flaps ? I was able to control them using BimmerLink for my M4 but when I use the app with my M6 it doesn't see the flap function.
Congrats on the trade up! If you want to hear the turbos go for downpipes, and a front mount intake like RK Carbon. You can't control the flaps with the app but you can buy an Exhaust Meister and hook it up to your rear view mirror buttons for open/close of the valves or use the provided remote, it's easy to install in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #3
BMWRog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82_zoe View Post
... Question do they have exhaust flaps ? ...
Yes they do. Mine are permanently held open with a piece of thick wire.
Appreciate 0