BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      12-24-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

F12 M6 Fi Exhaust Review

So after searching the forums for anything relating to Fi Exhaust while looking for exhaust options on my M6 i found pretty much nothing. Found a lot of results for eisman and Meisterschaft, but nothing on Fi.

This exhaust is valvetronic, so it has the option of having the valves closed for quieter sound and then open valves to add some extra noise. The valves are actuated by vacuum, so you can either let your OE vacuum lines plug into them to retain your oem valve function, or T off your brake booster and install the extras that come with the exhaust.

My exhaust was the full catback with bluetooth app control and module, and carbon fiber tips. That also includes a small air tank for vacuum and also a nice little remote as well to control the valves.

I went with this exhaust since i never heard of them and figured i would give them a shot and throw a review out. Honestly it sounds pretty good and i really enjoy the cracks once you get up into the rev range. In my opinion it's not loud enough to me, so for me to remedy that i will be going catless downpipes. So here are some pics of the install and some sound clips.

I have compared this to an akrapovic exhaust and i think the Fi sounds better. and coming from a non comp exhaust its far superior to that as well. The craziest thing about this exhaust though is when you close the valves. It goes into hybrid mode. I swear that Prius is louder when the valves are closed, so you don't wake your neighbors up at 5AM going into work

The App works pretty well from my phone and lets me set the valves to open or closed or to open/ close at certain RPMs, boost pressure, or speed. it also has a nice little DTC mode so you can scan for simple codes and clear them if you want. nice little thing to have but not really necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIzfCDh2-Wg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a6MVHugmFs
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 02:22 AM   #2
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
so this sound with catless dp or?

sound nice but still i will go with full Gthaus exhaust
      12-25-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

This is with stock cats and valves open. Sorry if i made that confusing.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
aann
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f13 M6 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
So after searching the forums for anything relating to Fi Exhaust while looking for exhaust options on my M6 i found pretty much nothing. Found a lot of results for eisman and Meisterschaft, but nothing on Fi.

This exhaust is valvetronic, so it has the option of having the valves closed for quieter sound and then open valves to add some extra noise. The valves are actuated by vacuum, so you can either let your OE vacuum lines plug into them to retain your oem valve function, or T off your brake booster and install the extras that come with the exhaust.

My exhaust was the full catback with bluetooth app control and module, and carbon fiber tips. That also includes a small air tank for vacuum and also a nice little remote as well to control the valves.

I went with this exhaust since i never heard of them and figured i would give them a shot and throw a review out. Honestly it sounds pretty good and i really enjoy the cracks once you get up into the rev range. In my opinion it's not loud enough to me, so for me to remedy that i will be going catless downpipes. So here are some pics of the install and some sound clips.

I have compared this to an akrapovic exhaust and i think the Fi sounds better. and coming from a non comp exhaust its far superior to that as well. The craziest thing about this exhaust though is when you close the valves. It goes into hybrid mode. I swear that Prius is louder when the valves are closed, so you don't wake your neighbors up at 5AM going into work

The App works pretty well from my phone and lets me set the valves to open or closed or to open/ close at certain RPMs, boost pressure, or speed. it also has a nice little DTC mode so you can scan for simple codes and clear them if you want. nice little thing to have but not really necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIzfCDh2-Wg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a6MVHugmFs
Sound Amazing , deep and clean pretty close to the akrapovic , but the thing with the akrapovic that it has Zero drone , and its peice of art , cant tell about the fi but i think its gonna drone , anyway Congrats for the new exhuast and keep updating us about the ride if it has any drone .
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

I consider it to be droning at about 2k but some passengers really like that sound when cruising. I really am not doing it justice because i even like it. I had a b5 a4 that droned horribly and this is nothing like that its pretty nice. I will try to capture it on video if i can
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Sounds & looks damn good my man. Any chance of drive/fly by clips? This exhaust paired with catless DP's is going to make for an amazing tone!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 01:24 PM   #7
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Sounds & looks damn good my man. Any chance of drive/fly by clips? This exhaust paired with catless DP's is going to make for an amazing tone!
I will get some fly by clips once its not so cold outside lol. right now the car has been put away for the winter
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2018, 04:15 PM   #8
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

This is an amazing exhaust that many people don't know about. I like it much better than Gthaus and you don't have to deal with 5 + month wait time from them either. If anyone is interested send me a PM and I will hook you up.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #9
sh1nn3r
Private
Rep
Drives: M6

I have one on mine as well got No.015 the exhaust sounds great. I was running catless for a while and the sound is insane!! Thunderclaps galore! Highly recommend the exhaust and the carbon fiber tips are worth it.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #10
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

So i decided to throw on my set of xs power catless downpipes. Review of those is coming but i figured id give a quick opinion about them through the FI Exhaust and link a few yourube sound clips.

Cold start with valves open

Valves open revving

Valves closed revving

This thing is incredibly loud with no cats at cold start. Very aggressive. With valves closed it does go into sounding like a prius either it gets really nice and deep sounding. I will still try to get fly bys when i can. With the top up and down.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:04 PM   #11
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Sounds Really good ! I think you had the car in efficient too when you revved with the valves open , can you do another vid with the valves open in sport plus so we can hear it rev with the pops too 😁
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 06:13 AM   #12
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

I did have it in effecient. I will get one in sport+ mode next
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 08:40 PM   #13
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

updated to add revs with a stage 2 dme tune. some driving burble too

Last edited by RagtagXMASTER; 05-23-2019 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: ediited youtube links in post
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 08:57 AM   #14
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
updated to add revs with a stage 2 dme tune. some driving burble too

Sounds really good ! Im thinking you didn’t go to stage 3 because of your octane availability of 91, Im going to DME in the next few weeks for stage 3 tune,there going to regap my plugs , included in price .

How do you like the burble ? Im contemplating,I’m afraid it might be to much and not want it all the time.Did you buy the cable and do the install yourself?
I think that would be a great option to put the car back to stock or change maps, what’s you review?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:03 PM   #15
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Sounds really good ! Im thinking you didn’t go to stage 3 because of your octane availability of 91, Im going to DME in the next few weeks for stage 3 tune,there going to regap my plugs , included in price .

How do you like the burble ? Im contemplating,I’m afraid it might be to much and not want it all the time.Did you buy the cable and do the install yourself?
I think that would be a great option to put the car back to stock or change maps, what’s you review?
I went stage 2 because i have not upgraded my clutches yet. Once i upgrade my clutches i will be going stage 3. Currently their stage 3 will burn my oem clutches too fast. 93 octane is everywhere here.

You will like the burble its harder to command the burble than say a m3 or vf engineering tuned or BM3 tuned car. It will give of burble between 4-5.5k rpms.

I let dme remote into my laptop and do everything through teamviewer. Im sure if you watch and pay attention you can change some stuff up. I really enjoy the tune it has considerable more pull than the some horsepower ranged cars. Consistently strong performance.
Appreciate 0