E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > MHD defective adapter

06-13-2021, 12:02 AM   #1
adrian_j
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Garage List
2008 bmw 335i  [0.00]
MHD defective adapter

i ordered an MHD orange wireless adapter for my 335i and when it arrived it would light up but not connect to my phone, i tried everything and eventually ordered another one which worked perfectly. i contacted the company i ordered from (park auto motorsports) they sent me to BMS and then BMS sent me to MHD, MHD agreed the product was defective and told me to get a refund and nobody wanted to give me a refund even after proving the product was not working when i got it. has this happened to anybody? any advice on what to do?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:18 AM   #2
AlpineBoost
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 Civic Type R

Garage List
Sorry to hear that. Sucks that happened, but glad you eventually got one that worked. I have one and it's awesome not having to deal with cables anymore.

The only thing that I can think of, since it sounds like no one really wants to take responsibility for the refund, would be to dispute the charge if you paid by credit or debit card. If you have email communication with either Park/BMS/MHD acknowledging that the unit provided is defective, I would provide that email chain/info to the bank to help validate your claim.

Can't guarantee that will work, but it's the only thing that comes to mind for a situation like this.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2021, 08:45 AM   #3
TunafishE93
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

If you paid thru paypal go thru them before card company. If you go thru card company with a paypal order, paypal will lock your account which is a pain.
Appreciate 0