BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #1
doggboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

XHP vs Rod Sutphin

I am looking at a transmission flash, and heard good things about xHP. I also heard that Rod's custom flash is better, but i cant find any comparisons between the two. Also looking on the xHP site i am trying to figure out what i need to buy. Do i need to buy the license then the flash pack, or does the flash pack include a license?

Thanks in advance gents.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
I am looking at a transmission flash, and heard good things about xHP. I also heard that Rod's custom flash is better, but i cant find any comparisons between the two. Also looking on the xHP site i am trying to figure out what i need to buy. Do i need to buy the license then the flash pack, or does the flash pack include a license?

Thanks in advance gents.
I run xHP. You need to buy the license and then the map pack. Stage 3 is the best by far, I wouldn't even bother with 1 or 2.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #3
doggboy
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks TR, i pulled the trigger on the xHP, i hope it is as good as you say. I guess i will find out tomorrow when i flash it.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 01:32 AM   #4
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

id be getting tranny serviced before xhp or rod's tune,,more and more tranny failures starting to pop up on older e series cars,,coincidence? maybe
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #5
doggboy
Lieutenant
Rep

Hey TR, which adapter did you use? I tried using my tool for bootmod 3 and it did not connect. I have an enet cable, but there isnt a flash tool for windows apparently. I am not sure if my phone supports a usbC to ethernet adapter, and i would rather not spend 80 bucks on the wifi adapter if i dont have to.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 01:02 PM   #6
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
Hey TR, which adapter did you use? I tried using my tool for bootmod 3 and it did not connect. I have an enet cable, but there isnt a flash tool for windows apparently. I am not sure if my phone supports a usbC to ethernet adapter, and i would rather not spend 80 bucks on the wifi adapter if i dont have to.
I used my iPhone. For iPhone it's lightning to Ethernet adapter and then plug enet cable into the adapter.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 05:32 PM   #7
$howtime456
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

guys have to research. Rod Supthin Only tunes N54 transmissioms.
Precision 6266 On Steroids
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 01:11 AM   #8
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by $howtime456 View Post
guys have to research. Rod Supthin Only tunes N54 transmissioms.
nope,,he does alsorts,,over here in england loads have his tune on e series 335 d to f series 335d etc etc m57 and n57
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 01:15 AM   #9
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Chris Ptak
James Powell more an more cars coming up for sale with flaring issues and clutch pack failures. In not sure how much of this is attirbutable to poor servicing, or xHP software taking the box far beyond limits
· Reply · 30 w
James Powell
Author
Chris Ptak also after box service people resetting adaptations which you are not meant to do especially with higher miles!
· Reply · 30 w · Edited
Chris Ptak
James Powell where did you hear that?
· Reply · 30 w
James Powell
Author
Chris Ptak
Image may contain: text that says "18:16 XHP 50% Home Posts Videos Photos Flashtool About Communit you can NEVER be question covered owner wanted babyi perfect example why Adaptions Overall changing and transmission's oil. idea, but after the proceeded Adaptions. junkyard. Internet" transmission rebuild) what it's happened? valves another. the shift pressure clutch, closes, while raising One opens. mechatronic transmission housing through multiple bushings, sealings reaches the piston actually the clutch- means part the nowadays, the transmissions bushings be. This does not reach the closing clutch delayed uneven. Use App"
· Reply · 30 w
Chris Ptak
James Powell shame you cant see my comments. They disagreed and deleted them.
That post centres around a guy who tried to service it on the cheap. xHP couldnt verify firstly that the correct procedure had been carried out and secondly, that it had bee… See more
· Reply · 30 w
Rod Sutphin
Chris Ptak, The fact is I tune everything from stock to 700hp on the 6hp series. I have tunes all over the world with a lot of miles on them. I see transmissions in all sorts of wear conditions good and bad. I have refused to sell a tune to people before because I knew the trans was in poor working order and helped the people fix it correctly. There are going to be some issues on transmissions at some point with my tune. But I also back that up with customer support, when to service trans, seal, sleeves, valve body, solenoids, fluid types, filter pan, write ups and videos. I also know my tunes are more so in the US since I am based here. I do my best to make sure the customer is pleased with the tune and support. I know XHP has there share of issues with the very same things. I support XHP with selling 100's of flashing licenses, its really the only flashing platform that makes it easy to enhance your cars performance either by them or my custom tune.
· Reply · 30 w · Edited
Chris Ptak
Rod which information sorry?
· Reply · 30 w
Rod Sutphin
Chris Ptak I so agree with you on the reset of adaptations. That post should be removed, I am now explaining to everyone why it happened and how to ensure it wont happen to them. I have lost count of how many times I have done resets to fix issues.
· Reply · 30 w
Dave Gamlin
badge icon
Rod Sutphin how do you know if a box has issues?
· Reply · 30 w
Rod Sutphin
Dave Gamlin You should first ask about any shifting issues and then mileage. You speak with the customer, you ask questions to learn what is causing the issues, but this is inst 100%. But it is very effective.
· Reply · 30 w
Rod Sutphin
Chris Ptak I updated my first post, I understand you were speaking about see online posting.
· Reply · 30 w
Dave Gamlin
badge icon
Rod Sutphin you read adaption values and quick charge times to check condition of a transmission before anything. Reading them values and interpretation is paramount.
· Reply · 30 w
Matthew Ladds
I had a car come in last month 325i e91 petrol on 220k. If you had of looked at the adaptions you would of said box was fucked. Had a quick look and valve body block seal had a big crack in it. So changed that and the tubes and it drove like new and af… See more
· Reply · 30 w
Dave Gamlin
badge icon
Matthew Ladds that's the point of reading values, you wouldn't put a tune on it before though. Lot of owners put tune on trying to fix an issue, these boxes rarely throw codes until they are terminal, especially once the clutch packs flare up and adapt… See more
· Reply · 30 w
Write a reply...

Tyler Fritz
Love Rod Sutphin tune, so good. I was skeptical at first but once I started racing it all made sense why you go with him.
· Reply · 30 w
Jake Edwards
Xhp stage 3 changes really quickly, but doesn't make it a good tune does it? ��
· Reply · 30 w
Martin Kulik
doesnt it lowers the longevity already faulty prone geearbox? saying that I heard form mechanic 90% of faults are oil related....which proved right also in my case. I was driving several month
Appreciate 0