BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2018, 08:08 PM   #67
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_clt's Avatar
1493
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
...That's not what I said, at all.

Besides, Trump is under no obligation to produce his tax returns just because his political opponents think that *maybe*, *possibly*, *it could just be the case* that he has financial ties that they disapprove of. It's like me asking you to prove that you aren't a child molester.

If you want to accuse someone of such, the burden is on the person bringing the accusation to provide the evidence to support the accusation. I have no evidence that you are a child molester, thus I have no grounds to demand that you prove you aren't.

Again - being a natural born citizen is a prerequisite to the presidency. Requiring a candidate to provide verification that they meet this requirement is reasonable and prudent, no different than an employer verifying that a potential employee has the qualifications to hold a given job title.

Providing ones tax returns is not a part of the qualification process for the presidency, nor is it even something that has traditionally been supplied. The calls for Trump to provide his tax returns are motivated by nothing more than simple animosity and assumptions.

And that's not what I said at all.

So we agree, that there is a potential for conflicts - especially given the President's private business endeavors - that could be put to bed if he released his returns? Returns which we both agree that he is in no way required to release.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #68
fravel
Colonel
fravel's Avatar
United_States
1488
Rep
2,425
Posts

Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Nasti 'Nati

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt
And that's not what I said at all.

So we agree, that there is a potential for conflicts - especially given the President's private business endeavors - that could be put to bed if he released his returns? Returns which we both agree that he is in no way required to release.
Sure, there's a potential for conflict, just like there's a potential that you're a child molester.

My point in my original post, which was a response to the question of who is worse, birther vs tax returners, is that the tax return folks are worse because at least the birthers had (have?) a valid reason to insist that Obama provide his birth certificate: they were trying to establish the legitimacy of his candidacy for the office of President. Tax returners don't have any grounds for which to make their demands other than "We don't like him so we're sure he's hiding something. Prove us wrong!"
__________________
Appreciate 2
SakhirM47015.00

      07-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #69
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_clt's Avatar
1493
Rep
1,609
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
Sure, there's a potential for conflict, just like there's a potential that you're a child molester.

My point in my original post, which was a response to the question of who is worse, birther vs tax returners, is that the tax return folks are worse because at least the birthers had (have?) a valid reason to insist that Obama provide his birth certificate: they were trying to establish the legitimacy of his candidacy for the office of President. Tax returners don't have any grounds for which to make their demands other than "We don't like him so we're sure he's hiding something. Prove us wrong!"
No birthers were the ones that didn't believe it, even after Obama released his birth certificate, twice.

They are definitely worse, because the odds that Trump might be financially beholden to a foreign entity are vastly greater than the odds that Obama faked his birth certificate.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2018, 03:34 PM   #70
fravel
Colonel
fravel's Avatar
United_States
1488
Rep
2,425
Posts

Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Nasti 'Nati

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
No birthers were the ones that didn't believe it, even after Obama released his birth certificate, twice.

They are definitely worse, because the odds that Trump might be financially beholden to a foreign entity are vastly greater than the odds that Obama faked his birth certificate.
Yeah I was more referring to the people asking for the birth certificate in the ~4 years of his candidacy and presidency before it was released. People who still reject his eligibility are dumb.
__________________
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST