BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Classic BMW (Pre-2005 Models)

01-30-2021, 09:02 AM   #23
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Paul Walker like him or not, he will go down as a legend in the Holywood car world. Other legends in Holywood would be Steve McQueen or James Dean for the short time he was famous (probably the best drive of the four) or Paul Newman.

Steve McQueens cars still resonate today and he passed away 40 years ago.
I don't put him in the same ballpark as James Dean, Paul Newman, or Steve McQueen you are welcome to if you want. Look up their movie resume's for number of movies made and awards they won. Steve Mcqueen made 38 movies, Newman 67 movies (& race car driver), James Dean 13 (died 65 years ago and still a legend). What measure puts Paul Walker in the same discussion as the legends above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
That's a pretty callous thing to say.... Just because you have no interest in him doesn't mean he didn't do a LOT for the automotive scene(not talking F&F) and was a pretty good guy from what I've heard. He will be remembered for a long time, if not forever.
Callous because I don't add a lot of value to cars he owned? Not following how one is related to the other.

I never said I didn't have any interest in him, just looking at what he did I don't think we will be talking about 50 years from now like we do the people on the list above. "Pretty good guy" means nothing in the value he adds to cars. I agree he will be remembered for a long time, we say the same about hundreds if not thousands of other actors.

Also add that this car so far seems to be reasonable for what it is (don't see a giant markup for "Paul Walker"), will be interesting to see what happens.

Here is a list of other (4) BMW M1's for sale, cheapest one is listed at $584k. https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car...1?currency=USD

Seems like I could soon be proven wrong about the Paul Walker benefit, Steve Mcqueen vehicles have sold recently for massive amounts above the car value.

Last edited by David70; 01-30-2021 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 10:08 AM   #24
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Seems like I should soon be proven wrong about the Paul Walker benefit
I think you're the only one that really cares if you are right or not.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2021, 05:13 PM   #25
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I think you're the only one that really cares if you are right or not.
Mistake on my typing, meant "could" not "should". I'm fine with others thinking I am wrong but I am interested in hearing why others think he belongs with the other three.
      02-02-2021, 02:03 PM   #26
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Sold for half million. Not even as high as the others, clearly not over. Wonder why not at least as high?
Appreciate 0