BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      02-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #8119
FizzyElf
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X30e on order

I've never been on a "date". Not sure I ever want to after reading this nonsense. Sounds like dating is a meat grinder for your soul.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 07:30 PM   #8120
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

So... real weird scenario here if anyone can chime in-

Went on 5 dates with a girl, both had a great time... even both parties confirmed it.

I always paid for everything... Saw her Saturday... hung out until late and again both confirmed a good time... i noticed however that I hadn't heard anything from her for a few days after... seemed weird considering we saw each other 5 times and she always wanted to hang out again.

Today I text her a little more seriously... and simply say what is this between us because i find it odd I haven't heard anything from you... the response i get is you're a great guy and i've had a great time and you deserve honesty but I can't commit...

LOL WTF...

You mean, you couldn't tell me this the 2nd time or even after the 1st? But whenever I wanted to see you, you did too and I made my intentions clear from the get go... you suddenly realize this?

Alright... some give me thoughts here-

Was she looking to just have a good time?
Dating others? (this is my thought... again apps give to many options so this is my thought)
Completely confused?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 07:44 PM   #8121
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post

Went on 5 dates with a girl, both had a great time... even both parties confirmed it.

I always paid for everything... Saw her Saturday... hung out until late and again both confirmed a good time... i noticed however that I hadn't heard anything from her for a few days after... seemed weird considering we saw each other 5 times and she always wanted to hang out again.

Today I text her a little more seriously... and simply say what is this between us because i find it odd I haven't heard anything from you... the response i get is you're a great guy and i've had a great time and you deserve honesty but I can't commit...

LOL WTF...

You mean, you couldn't tell me this the 2nd time or even after the 1st? But whenever I wanted to see you, you did too and I made my intentions clear from the get go... you suddenly realize this?

Dating others? (this is my thought... again apps give to many options so this is my thought)
Completely confused?

some women jus want the company, they are bored. who tf knows
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2021, 07:47 PM   #8122
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
some women jus want the company, they are bored. who tf knows
yeah i don't get it at all.... it's not like there wasn't any affection shown...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 07:48 PM   #8123
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

LOL WTF...

Completely confused?
Yes, yes, and yes.

1- dating for most women is to have fun while actively comparing you to other dudes. By the 5th date most men would basically be getting ready to lock her in. I know I would, at least. If I've gone on 5 dates with someone I'd start phasing others out. From chick friends though I've heard there's a long "decision process", if any, until they start phasing other guys out.

2- Completely confused sounds about right. The "in" thing right now is to have commitment issues. My gf's 19 year old cousin thinks she has "commitment issues" because she can't even finish a movie without getting distracted. ADHD is being perceived as commitment issues, basically.

3- This is a bit of a hot-ish take, and kinda a reply to the other guys above as well; why do you guys pay for everything? Obviously there's an age difference between me and most here, but I learned quickly to NEVER EVER pay for both on the first date.

Also, lastly - did you guys just go on 5 dates with no "action" at the end? I know I've lost a few girls because I didn't invite them back or barely gave a kiss. She may have taken that as a sign that you're not interested - ask me how I know
Appreciate 2
ASAP10048.00
MKSixer34171.50
      02-24-2021, 07:52 PM   #8124
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Yes, yes, and yes.

1- dating for most women is to have fun while actively comparing you to other dudes. By the 5th date most men would basically be getting ready to lock her in. I know I would, at least. If I've gone on 5 dates with someone I'd start phasing others out. From chick friends though I've heard there's a long "decision process", if any, until they start phasing other guys out.

2- Completely confused sounds about right. The "in" thing right now is to have commitment issues. My gf's 19 year old cousin thinks she has "commitment issues" because she can't even finish a movie without getting distracted. ADHD is being perceived as commitment issues, basically.

3- This is a bit of a hot-ish take, and kinda a reply to the other guys above as well; why do you guys pay for everything? Obviously there's an age difference between me and most here, but I learned quickly to NEVER EVER pay for both on the first date.

Also, lastly - did you guys just go on 5 dates with no "action" at the end? I know I've lost a few girls because I didn't invite them back or barely gave a kiss. She may have taken that as a sign that you're not interested - ask me how I know
all good thoughts man... as far as paying... imho it def should happen on the 1st date but does not need to after the 1st.
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2021, 07:55 PM   #8125
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Aw thanks

My pet peeves are guys wearing hats or sunglasses in every pic!

I'm doing well, thanks! Got a new job and just bought a fabulous new place! Moving in a couple weeks so busy with that!

Haha, I'm Bimmette from Canada. Jk. I lurk! My dating life is non-existent.
Clear your In-Box!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
bimmette6452.50
      02-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #8126
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
all good thoughts man... as far as paying... imho it def should happen on the 1st date but does not need to after the 1st.
Valid point, I'll say this - I pay on the first date if I think it's worth it. If it's someone I'm not thinking of a serious relationship I won't pay for anything on the first date.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 08:34 PM   #8127
FizzyElf
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

LOL WTF...

Completely confused?
Two words: free s**t.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10048.00
      02-24-2021, 08:49 PM   #8128
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:

LOL WTF...

Completely confused?
To me she was playing the field, a better (to her) player came along. You went from 1 to 2 real quick. Move along, consider it food for thought next time you’re “hanging out.”
Appreciate 5
ASAP10048.00
King Rudi13152.00
      02-24-2021, 09:15 PM   #8129
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Quote:

LOL WTF...

Completely confused?
To me she was playing the field, a better (to her) player came along. You went from 1 to 2 real quick. Move along, consider it food for thought next time you’re “hanging out.”
Cold hard truth and honestly that's why all of these apps are useless... all the women think of is who is the next guy and how much better he could be...

Before you know it, they are 40 single, wondering what happened...
      02-24-2021, 10:21 PM   #8130
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

Cold hard truth and honestly that's why all of these apps are useless... all the women think of is who is the next guy and how much better he could be...

Before you know it, they are 40 single, wondering what happened...
It's kind of like a lot of things in today's times. We have so much at our fingertips and everything's right in front of you. The options are free flowing. If I just do one more maybe he/she will be the one (not saying anyone should settle). The problem is that mindset never leads to fulfillment. You'll always be searching.

It reminds me of shopping. I go online and scroll and scroll. I find something I like and then my mind says shit, what if I like something better 2 pages over and I don't go see. Next thing you know I've gone 10 pages because I thought I would miss something but I end up back at the item I liked early on.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      02-24-2021, 10:59 PM   #8131
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

Just ended a 4 month relationship.

Cliffs:
She had a pyscho mom and was not very independent. I would rant if anyone is interested.

Story 1: She is a pharmacist and her mom lives with her. She lies to her mom about working 5 days a week when she works 4 to "get away from her mom." It's called her ME day and she dresses up like she's going to work and leaves the house so her mom doesn't know and thinks she's going to work but she does other shit on this fake day off. The kicker: she's 38. This was mind blowing to me. Like... what in the actual fuck?
Appreciate 5
vreihen1614882.00
nyalpine907380.00
Sara5775.50
Fast.F10512.50
      02-25-2021, 03:45 AM   #8132
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Do you guys go off on a girl if she cancels the first date? I canceled with 7 hours advance notice
No, but it depends on the reason why. There are reasons and reasons...

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
FizzyElf133.00
      02-25-2021, 04:11 AM   #8133
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

[QUOTE=ASAP;27271999]So... real weird scenario here if anyone can chime in-

LOL WTF...

*Thought I'd come in on your one,it looks like you dated a score keeper that reports to her friends on how many they go out with then...you know, it's silence and they enjoy the thrill of you contacting them constantly getting nowhere.
A strange phenomena employed by some girls/women that can't be explained rationally.
Appreciate 2
ASAP10048.00
nyalpine907380.00
      02-25-2021, 06:06 AM   #8134
FizzyElf
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=Lady Jane;27272982]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

Stop paying for everything. You were probably a victim of a free loader. As soon as they hear the word 'commitment', they disappear.

Nothing wrong with just dating. Not every woman wants to get married, have babies, do your laundry and cooking and be a mink in the bedroom, even if they are not in the mood.

If you have followed this thread from the beginning you will have read my views on the subject.

Cheers,Attachment 2536896
What’s the point of putting up with someone else’s crap if you’re not going to have a family or get your clothes washed? little value proposition here.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10048.00
      02-25-2021, 06:22 AM   #8135
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with just dating. Not every woman wants to get married, have babies, do your laundry and cooking and be a mink in the bedroom, even if they are not in the mood.Attachment 2536896
Show me where and who and I would come with supersonic to see that

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 06:25 AM   #8136
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
It's kind of like a lot of things in today's times. We have so much at our fingertips and everything's right in front of you. The options are free flowing. If I just do one more maybe he/she will be the one (not saying anyone should settle). The problem is that mindset never leads to fulfillment. You'll always be searching.

It reminds me of shopping. I go online and scroll and scroll. I find something I like and then my mind says shit, what if I like something better 2 pages over and I don't go see. Next thing you know I've gone 10 pages because I thought I would miss something but I end up back at the item I liked early on.
You shouldn't need to be with someone you don't want to be... that's a terrible idea... however you do need to "settle"... that's how marriage works or frankyl any relationship lol

Quote:

Stop paying for everything. You were probably a victim of a free loader. As soon as they hear the word 'commitment', they disappear.

Nothing wrong with just dating. Not every woman wants to get married, have babies, do your laundry and cooking and be a mink in the bedroom, even if they are not in the mood.

If you have followed this thread from the beginning you will have read my views on the subject.

Cheers,Attachment 2536896
When you say "just dating"... i hope you don't think I meet up with girls to just kick it with them lol... I have quite a few friends and not really interested in any buddies or just chillin.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50
      02-25-2021, 08:08 AM   #8137
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiin View Post
Just ended a 4 month relationship.

Cliffs:
She had a pyscho mom and was not very independent. I would rant if anyone is interested.

Story 1: She is a pharmacist and her mom lives with her. She lies to her mom about working 5 days a week when she works 4 to "get away from her mom." It's called her ME day and she dresses up like she's going to work and leaves the house so her mom doesn't know and thinks she's going to work but she does other shit on this fake day off. The kicker: she's 38. This was mind blowing to me. Like... what in the actual fuck?

continue please
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      02-25-2021, 08:16 AM   #8138
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

LOL WTF...

Completely confused?
she is having great time because you are dishing out $$.
she is free loader and using you.
has she contacted you/message you first???
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2021, 08:35 AM   #8139
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Dating:

Expectations vs Reality.

This!
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      02-25-2021, 08:50 AM   #8140
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Dating:

Expectations vs Reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
This!
Honestly, my takeaway from this video is that you are basically saying dating in reality is just a lot of pole / shaft work....
Appreciate 0