BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-24-2021, 09:32 AM   #8097
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Oh shit. That's what mine is! It's because the lighting is good! Sara I'll send you mine so you can tell me if it's bad
Tara, your picture looks gorgeous, then again you always look that way. Your photos are done tasteful and classy.

Tim, on the other hand.... I just don't understand why men post these types of photos on a dating site. FB, IG, yes I get it, but dating sites (to me) are like applying for a job. You would think someone would be posting their finest....I guess not.
Aw thanks

My pet peeves are guys wearing hats or sunglasses in every pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Hi Gorgeous!!! How have you been?
I'm doing well, thanks! Got a new job and just bought a fabulous new place! Moving in a couple weeks so busy with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Wait a minute....who are you and where did you come from???
Haha, I'm Bimmette from Canada. Jk. I lurk! My dating life is non-existent.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
King Rudi13154.00
      02-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #8098
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm doing well, thanks! Got a new job and just bought a fabulous new place! Moving in a couple weeks so busy with that!
Awesome!! Many congratulations!!

Tell us about the job or shoot me a PM if you don't want to do it out here!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
bimmette6453.50
      02-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #8099
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
OGs coming out of the woodworks!

bimmette are you allowed to play soccer in the frozen north?
Appreciate 3
bimmette6453.50
MKSixer34184.50
King Rudi13154.00
      02-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #8100
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
OGs coming out of the woodworks!

bimmette are you allowed to play soccer in the frozen north?
Haven't played soccer in almost a year due to Covid restrictions
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-24-2021, 12:18 PM   #8101
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Tara, it just occurred to me, I changed the username a while back. It's Jody, Not Judy, Now Rudi. Soul Glo dubbed me king before he exited stage left.

It's been a while since I checked out your channel. Still have the M3? How's it looking these days? I'm sure you have not left it stock.
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2021, 12:23 PM   #8102
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Well, since no one wants to touch on the last comment, I think we all kind of want to, but we're all being nice about it; the deal breaker thread has me thinking in the inverse. What are some of everyone's non-negotiable standards for a relationship?

I'm big into honesty and empathy. Without either of those, dick or breast size seems irrelevant. Thoughts? And what are your non-negotiables?
She must be intelligent. I don't like golden retrievers.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #8103
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
She must be intelligent. I don't like golden retrievers.
But can you think of another kind that loves to play with balls so much?

Redeeming qualities and all.
Appreciate 2
      02-24-2021, 12:36 PM   #8104
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

Going on a "date" with a golden retriever versus marrying one.....is like test driving a car versus buying it. Nothing wrong with a test drive, doesn't mean I want to own it. Regardless of how well the car plays with balls.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
      02-24-2021, 12:56 PM   #8105
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

Eh, there are smart "kinds" out there who enjoys playing with balls just as much
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Joekerr7929.00
      02-24-2021, 02:17 PM   #8106
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Do you guys go off on a girl if she cancels the first date? I canceled with 7 hours advance notice

Attached Images

Last edited by Sara; 02-24-2021 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60013.50
      02-24-2021, 02:28 PM   #8107
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Do you guys go off on a girl if she cancels the first date?
Nope, but she isn't very likely to get another offer unless the reason behind it is validated. If I offer someone a job and they can't show up the first day, I find someone who wants the job and can arrive when agreed upon. At the same time, if I were to fire an employee; I wouldn't go off on them, simply terminate then back fill the position and move on.

That screen shot leaves no form of context. Red flags everywhere with what little I see though. Etiquette school? Interesting.....

To be fair, did you bother to try and reschedule after canceling? If no, then there is no further discussion to be had, this one is gone unless he doesn't keep his commitment to himself; which if this is the case, I'd not be interested in principle alone. Without seeing the entire conversation, it makes it difficult to provide whatever answer/reassurance you're looking for. For clarification, I'm not asking to see the rest of the conversation.

Last edited by King Rudi; 02-24-2021 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615227.50
      02-24-2021, 02:30 PM   #8108
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Do you guys go off on a girl if she cancels the first date?

Need more of the convo to make a solid decision, nonetheless I'm more of a "their loss" kind of guy rather then "I'm going berate them via text to express my feelings" kind of guy. You really get matched up with some real winners lmao
Appreciate 4
      02-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #8109
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Need more of the convo to make a solid decision, nonetheless I'm more of a "their loss" kind of guy rather then "I'm going berate them via text to express my feelings" kind of guy. You really get matched up with some real winners lmao
Also remember (not that this is directed at you sir) vibe attracts tribe. I'm assuming his mindset is also a "her loss" type situation here. He clearly doesn't seemed too bothered with it. She isn't getting matched up with people unbeknownst to her. She is the other half of the match.

Side note JP, Palladium has new boots released. You need to check them out. I think I'm about to have work buy me a new pair.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 02:47 PM   #8110
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Nope, but she isn't very likely to get another offer unless the reason behind it is validated. If I offer someone a job and they can't show up the first day, I find someone who wants the job and can arrive when agreed upon. At the same time, if I were to fire an employee; I wouldn't go off on them, simply terminate then back fill the position and move on.

That screen shot leaves no form of context. Red flags everywhere with what little I see though. Etiquette school? Interesting.....

To be fair, did you bother to try and reschedule after canceling? If no, then there is no further discussion to be had, this one is gone unless he doesn't keep his commitment to himself; which if this is the case, I'd not be interested in principle alone. Without seeing the entire conversation, it makes it difficult to provide whatever answer/reassurance you're looking for. For clarification, I'm not asking to see the rest of the conversation.
Quote:
Initially I had texted at noon that I was exhausted and too much going on to make it for the 7pm reservations. At 5:30 he replies back with "NOO! Just now seeing this!" and then immediately proceeds to call my cell. I didn't have my phone in front of me and did not answer the call. He then calls twice more and left a voicemail instructing me to call him back. As I was listening to the voicemail, another text from him comes through asking me to reconsider and "is there someone else you're meeting instead of me?" which kind of ticked me off to be honest, so I replied with "No, I'm just tired" and then a back and forth from him saying HE MADE A RESERVATION! Mind you, it's not like this restaurant has a no show fee, or puts a hold on his card to make the reservation. So I said that I was tired and didn't want to be harassed about it. He apologized and that was it. Until I get the texts that I'm rude for not rescheduling.

That's just too much drama for me when I haven't even met the guy. He already seems too controlling.
Appreciate 5
vreihen1615227.50
Dang3r12512.00
M5Rick60013.50
      02-24-2021, 02:52 PM   #8111
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Also remember (not that this is directed at you sir) vibe attracts tribe. I'm assuming his mindset is also a "her loss" type situation here. He clearly doesn't seemed too bothered with it. She isn't getting matched up with people unbeknownst to her. She is the other half of the match.

Side note JP, Palladium has new boots released. You need to check them out. I think I'm about to have work buy me a new pair.
I'll give them a look, appreciate the update. Still rocking these boots haha.

Quote:
Initially I had texted at noon that I was exhausted and too much going on to make it for the 7pm reservations. At 5:30 he replies back with "NOO! Just now seeing this!" and then immediately proceeds to call my cell. I didn't have my phone in front of me and did not answer the call. He then calls twice more and left a voicemail instructing me to call him back. As I was listening to the voicemail, another text from him comes through asking me to reconsider and "is there someone else you're meeting instead of me?" which kind of ticked me off to be honest, so I replied with "No, I'm just tired" and then a back and forth from him saying HE MADE A RESERVATION! Mind you, it's not like this restaurant has a no show fee, or puts a hold on his card to make the reservation. So I said that I was tired and didn't want to be harassed about it. He apologized and that was it. Until I get the texts that I'm rude for not rescheduling.

That's just too much drama for me when I haven't even met the guy. He already seems too controlling.
Yeah that guy sounds like a insecure pansy, onto the next!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 02:58 PM   #8112
NoMoreVauxhalls
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M Sport

Quote:
Indeed. Write that one off as a lucky escape!
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615227.50
      02-24-2021, 03:45 PM   #8113
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Going on a "date" with a golden retriever versus marrying one.....is like test driving a car versus buying it. Nothing wrong with a test drive, doesn't mean I want to own it. Regardless of how well the car plays with balls.
Well...this is a dating thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Eh, there are smart "kinds" out there who enjoys playing with balls just as much
Yes, but German Shepherds have sharp teeth and are not soft mouthed - wait...we're still talking dogs here right?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-24-2021, 04:08 PM   #8114
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Honestly, I'd agree, he does seem controlling. And if so, that's lucky you found out now.

Or he's just had a bunch of women ghost on him last minute and he's frustrated. But given all the followups, I'd guess he might be controlling. Not worth it. On to the next!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 06:35 PM   #8115
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Tara, it just occurred to me, I changed the username a while back. It's Jody, Not Judy, Now Rudi. Soul Glo dubbed me king before he exited stage left.

It's been a while since I checked out your channel. Still have the M3? How's it looking these days? I'm sure you have not left it stock.
M3 is running fine but haven't done much to it lately.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 06:46 PM   #8116
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Do you guys go off on a girl if she cancels the first date? I canceled with 7 hours advance notice

Nope, I wouldn't go off at all but I certainly wouldn't pursue you anymore. "I'm tired" is about as lame of an excuse as there is, especially with no offer to reschedule or do something different. If you're truly interested and excited about something, being tired isn't going to stop you. Apologies if this comes across as sounding harsh, just being honest from my perspective.

Last edited by Chihuahua; 02-24-2021 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 3
Sara5791.00
ASAP10156.00
King Rudi13154.00
      02-24-2021, 06:55 PM   #8117
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

That is too much drama holy shit.

If I don't answer a call and instead of texting/leaving a voicemail that person continues to keep calling, I can immediately assume that either:

A. they are actually on fire

or

B. they are controlling and crazy

So far it's only been "B".

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      02-24-2021, 07:09 PM   #8118
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
That is too much drama holy shit.

If I don't answer a call and instead of texting/leaving a voicemail that person continues to keep calling, I can immediately assume that either:

A. they are actually on fire

or

B. they are controlling and crazy

So far it's only been "B".
I hope if they are actively on fire, and placing a phone call, everyone in visual sight would do the sensible thing and record it on their cell phones.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00