BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-31-2021, 06:36 PM   #1
grancoupe_BNB
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Need Help with Error Codes 133012 and 136713 Valvetronic servomotor 2

I have a 2014 650i Gran Coupe and I just had some warning lights come on.

Fault Codes:
12AB04
Steering Warning Light

One is my steering warning light, when the mechanic ran for codes, the steering didn't show up in any of the codes, but the yellow steering wheel light shows up and you can tell something is up with the steering.

The two codes are both related to the Valvetronic servomotor 2, one of the codes is Valvetronic servomotor 2, activation, watt phase: Line disconnection and the other is Valvetronic servomotor 2, activation: Malfunction, secondary reaction, line disconnection

I have not been able to find much in the way of remedy's or people with the same codes or fixes, so I am hoping someone here can share with me if this is a common issue with common fixes and how easy or how much does it cost to fix?

Last edited by grancoupe_BNB; 07-31-2021 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
Coaldog
Rep
Drives: 18 650i Gran Coupe

Not sure about the codes but I had the steering issue on my 2018 650 GC and it was the auxiliary battery that controls the steering. Had to replace battery everything was good after that. Battery had to come from Germany none available in the US at the time.
Appreciate 0