BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-29-2021, 08:07 PM   #1
JRon Terry
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 650i Convertible

Garage List
2006 BMW 650i  [0.00]
Question 2006 Convertible to won't go up

My 2006 650 has developed a problem with the top going back up after a top down ride. It, the top, gets to the point the rear panel comes up, then the procedure stops. Top will not go up or back down. Turn the car off, take the key out, the rear panel slowly goes back down, manually pull the top wing panels down, and the top will then continue the cycle and go up and lock in place. My repair shop replaced the top relays, still have the same problem. Now they want to replace the top pump, $2k if I used a reman pump. I don't understand why the pump, if it is bad, will power the top down, but not back up until I manually push the rear panel and wings down. Limit switch misreporting the position of the rear panel? Any ideas???? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 09:56 PM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRon Terry View Post
My 2006 650 has developed a problem with the top going back up after a top down ride. It, the top, gets to the point the rear panel comes up, then the procedure stops. Top will not go up or back down. Turn the car off, take the key out, the rear panel slowly goes back down, manually pull the top wing panels down, and the top will then continue the cycle and go up and lock in place. My repair shop replaced the top relays, still have the same problem. Now they want to replace the top pump, $2k if I used a reman pump. I don't understand why the pump, if it is bad, will power the top down, but not back up until I manually push the rear panel and wings down. Limit switch misreporting the position of the rear panel? Any ideas???? Thanks!
This forum is for 2012 and later 6 series. And for whatever reason there is no forum on this site for your car. But there are other sites with forums for your car.
Appreciate 0