BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2020, 05:32 AM   #45
TON-III
Private First Class
27
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: BMW 640 DA X-Drive M-Sport -12
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubq View Post
My word this car is incredible... seems like the faster she goes, the happier she gets! Just feels more and more planted.
I've the same feeling, under 40 mp/h car is 'crying' ..... but above 50 mp/h something happens (expecially in cars which have active suspension/roll bars) I think.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 11:28 AM   #46
board57796
Second Lieutenant
141
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Fixed a pretty serious misfire with a new $25 coil. Back on the road!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #47
TGG
Enlisted Member
TGG's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Today, I changed the grills on my newly acquired 2017 650 GC. And I did it without removing the bolts on the front bumper. Took me 30 mins using a radiator hose tool as suggested by others.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
Junebug85821.50
      03-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #48
BmwF06Ireland
Private First Class
41
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: Bmw f06
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
Today, I changed the grills on my newly acquired 2017 650 GC. And I did it without removing the bolts on the front bumper. Took me 30 mins using a radiator hose tool as suggested by others.
Do you have a link to whereyou got these ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #49
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
pdubq's Avatar
57
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: Ď15 650ix GC, Ď14 X35i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Longmont, CO USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
Today, I changed the grills on my newly acquired 2017 650 GC. And I did it without removing the bolts on the front bumper. Took me 30 mins using a radiator hose tool as suggested by others.
Might you also have a link to the DIY using the tool?

That grill is sweet! Looks very luxurious
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 05:56 PM   #50
TGG
Enlisted Member
TGG's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
Today, I changed the grills on my newly acquired 2017 650 GC. And I did it without removing the bolts on the front bumper. Took me 30 mins using a radiator hose tool as suggested by others.
Might you also have a link to the DIY using the tool?

That grill is sweet! Looks very luxurious
Thanks! I think it makes the grill look a little beefier like the newer BMW grills and not so "skimpy."

Here's the eBay listing for the grill:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163808728098

And the Amazon tool I used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZNZGND...p_mob_ap_share
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #51
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
pdubq's Avatar
57
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: Ď15 650ix GC, Ď14 X35i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Longmont, CO USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
Thanks! I think it makes the grill look a little beefier like the newer BMW grills and not so "skimpy."

Here's the eBay listing for the grill:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163808728098

And the Amazon tool I used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZNZGND...p_mob_ap_share
Thanks! That tool looks perfect for getting at the clips from the center of the grill... would have saved my hands a bit had I known.

Iíll definitely pick this up though if I manage to get RPI scoops I can install, as I broke one of the clips getting the OEM grills off previously.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 07:41 PM   #52
TGG
Enlisted Member
TGG's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
Thanks! I think it makes the grill look a little beefier like the newer BMW grills and not so "skimpy."

Here's the eBay listing for the grill:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163808728098

And the Amazon tool I used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZNZGND...p_mob_ap_share
Thanks! That tool looks perfect for getting at the clips from the center of the grill... would have saved my hands a bit had I known.

I'll definitely pick this up though if I manage to get RPI scoops I can install, as I broke one of the clips getting the OEM grills off previously.
My pleasure. It's definitely worth going this route rather than dismantling the bumper. Just be careful as you pull the old ones off as I was getting anxious after getting all but the bottom clips off and started to pull the grill out not realizing that the clips clip into the Fiberglass surround without any metal support.

Send pics and good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #53
alehax
Private
United Kingdom
20
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 640d
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

My second post here as I bought the car a month a go (although I am familiar with the forum as I had an F10 previously).
Washed it, applied Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic on the body, Rain X on the windscreen and Poorboys Wheel Sealant on the alloys. Yesterday I swapped the OEM speakers for Focal ISBMW 100L component speakers and coded the comfort entry so the mirrors fold without holding the remote key, coded the seats to slide back when I open the door (and slide forward when I press the ignition button), turned off the start/stop engine by default, enabled sport screen. I am thinking to add an M6 V type spoiler, just worried it will look too big....
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 1
Frupal513.50
      03-09-2020, 05:19 PM   #54
TGG
Enlisted Member
TGG's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alehax View Post
My second post here as I bought the car a month a go (although I am familiar with the forum as I had an F10 previously).
Washed it, applied Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic on the body, Rain X on the windscreen and Poorboys Wheel Sealant on the alloys. Yesterday I swapped the OEM speakers for Focal ISBMW 100L component speakers and coded the comfort entry so the mirrors fold without holding the remote key, coded the seats to slide back when I open the door (and slide forward when I press the ignition button), turned off the start/stop engine by default, enabled sport screen. I am thinking to add an M6 V type spoiler, just worried it will look too big....
Wow—you really gave her a thorough treatment. Congrats!

May I ask you about coding? I'm using BimmerCode and have coded many features but I cannot find out what section I should be looking in to code the comfort entry so the mirrors fold without holding the remote key and how to make the seats slide back when you open the door.

What are the main categories those two are listed in? I've searched and cannot locate these.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 01:38 AM   #55
alehax
Private
United Kingdom
20
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 640d
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
Wowóyou really gave her a thorough treatment. Congrats!

May I ask you about coding? I'm using BimmerCode and have coded many features but I cannot find out what section I should be looking in to code the comfort entry so the mirrors fold without holding the remote key and how to make the seats slide back when you open the door.

What are the main categories those two are listed in? I've searched and cannot locate these.

Thanks.
Hi mate
Sure, to code the seats follow this YouTube video https://youtu.be/UPOi5TqxmnM and for the mirrors you need to change comfort closing delay to "no delay" in the Front Electronic Module in Bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 06:16 AM   #56
TGG
Enlisted Member
TGG's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alehax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
Wow—you really gave her a thorough treatment. Congrats!

May I ask you about coding? I'm using BimmerCode and have coded many features but I cannot find out what section I should be looking in to code the comfort entry so the mirrors fold without holding the remote key and how to make the seats slide back when you open the door.

What are the main categories those two are listed in? I've searched and cannot locate these.

Thanks.
Hi mate
Sure, to code the seats follow this YouTube video https://youtu.be/UPOi5TqxmnM and for the mirrors you need to change comfort closing delay to "no delay" in the Front Electronic Module in Bimmercode.
Thanks mate! Can't wait to try these.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 12:20 PM   #57
Qsilver7
Brigadier General
Qsilver7's Avatar
United_States
1567
Rep
3,096
Posts

Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Indiana, USA

iTrader: (0)

Just an FYI: remember that BMW progressively changed some of the control modules during the production run of the f06/f12/f13. Early models may have had a FRM (footwell module)...some later had the FEM (front electronics module)...and near the end the cars may have the BDC (body domain controller).

So when discussing "coding"...it is important to know the model year/build date...or the control modules that get coded. As you can see...some may not use the same coding procedure if their car uses a different module or may not even be able to be coded with a certain feature due to the difference in communication bus.
__________________
2014 F15 X5 50i MSport | 2013 F06 650ix Gran Coupe`
BMW CCA Member #191509
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 02:04 PM   #58
alehax
Private
United Kingdom
20
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 640d
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Just an FYI: remember that BMW progressively changed some of the control modules during the production run of the f06/f12/f13. Early models may have had a FRM (footwell module)...some later had the FEM (front electronics module)...and near the end the cars may have the BDC (body domain controller).

So when discussing "coding"...it is important to know the model year/build date...or the control modules that get coded. As you can see...some may not use the same coding procedure if their car uses a different module or may not even be able to be coded with a certain feature due to the difference in communication bus.
Good to know, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 09:53 PM   #59
TGG
Enlisted Member
TGG's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Just an FYI: remember that BMW progressively changed some of the control modules during the production run of the f06/f12/f13. Early models may have had a FRM (footwell module)...some later had the FEM (front electronics module)...and near the end the cars may have the BDC (body domain controller).

So when discussing "coding"...it is important to know the model year/build date...or the control modules that get coded. As you can see...some may not use the same coding procedure if their car uses a different module or may not even be able to be coded with a certain feature due to the difference in communication bus.
Thanks for pointing that out!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 02:22 AM   #60
TON-III
Private First Class
27
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: BMW 640 DA X-Drive M-Sport -12
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehax View Post
My second post here as I bought the car a month a go (although I am familiar with the forum as I had an F10 previously).
Washed it.
We've all right for our own likes, somehow I feel that GC is a 'wannabe' coupe, the 2 D version is the REAL coupe with which I like to drive too !

Just curious, your car is RWD M-Sport ( lower/stiffer springs) and still is looks to be floating quite high ?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 03:33 PM   #61
alehax
Private
United Kingdom
20
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 640d
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TON-III View Post
We've all right for our own likes, somehow I feel that GC is a 'wannabe' coupe, the 2 D version is the REAL coupe with which I like to drive too !

Just curious, your car is RWD M-Sport ( lower/stiffer springs) and still is looks to be floating quite high ?
Hi mate

My car is OEM standard 640 M sport, I haven't changed anything to it and assume the previous owner hasn't . It sits on 20 inch wheels, non RF tyres. GC are beautiful as well but a compromise due to the success of the 6 series. A coupe should have two doors, I feel the same as you do, they are made for the drivers and make no apologies to what they are. I may lower it but I prefer clean a clean look. I would add a spoiler and perhaps change the head unit for an android one but couldn't find any to fit my car (any links would be appreciated).
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #62
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
NorthCountryGuy's Avatar
1684
Rep
602
Posts

Drives: M6, E70, E71
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Iím right here...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
New shoes today.
Pilot Sport 4s.
No pics for cold, raining, and very windy.
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe Sakhir Orange Metallic / Sakhir Orange \ Black Merino - The Prince
2013 X5 LCI 35i Jet Black / Black SensaTec - The Horse
2013 X5 LCI 35i Space Grey Metallic / Black Nevada // Sport Pkg - Daughterís
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Sonís
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 11:29 PM   #63
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
NorthCountryGuy's Avatar
1684
Rep
602
Posts

Drives: M6, E70, E71
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Iím right here...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
A pic after the rains moved thru.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe Sakhir Orange Metallic / Sakhir Orange \ Black Merino - The Prince
2013 X5 LCI 35i Jet Black / Black SensaTec - The Horse
2013 X5 LCI 35i Space Grey Metallic / Black Nevada // Sport Pkg - Daughterís
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Sonís
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2020, 03:37 PM   #64
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
NorthCountryGuy's Avatar
1684
Rep
602
Posts

Drives: M6, E70, E71
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Iím right here...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Oil change today for The Prince.
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe Sakhir Orange Metallic / Sakhir Orange \ Black Merino - The Prince
2013 X5 LCI 35i Jet Black / Black SensaTec - The Horse
2013 X5 LCI 35i Space Grey Metallic / Black Nevada // Sport Pkg - Daughterís
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Sonís
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #65
doggboy
First Lieutenant
868
Rep
391
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: san diego

iTrader: (1)

Black M6 kidney grills and ebay front lip..

(and JB4 running e30, but no pics of that)

Name:  650grill.png
Views: 1126
Size:  2.38 MB

Name:  650side.png
Views: 1074
Size:  2.33 MB

Last edited by doggboy; 03-15-2020 at 08:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 07:55 PM   #66
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
pdubq's Avatar
57
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: Ď15 650ix GC, Ď14 X35i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Longmont, CO USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
Black M6 kidney grills and ebay front lip..

Attachment 2260869

Attachment 2260870
That looks so good!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST