BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-03-2022, 08:46 AM   #23
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroribeiro View Post
This feature didn't exist as far as i recall (have mine since May 2021) but it did appear a few weeks ago (even though I'm still in 2021-03)

What i did notice is that for the same route (e.g., Brussels - Geneve) it shows me the chargers in one proposed route (e.g., Brussels, Charleroi, Troyes, Dijon. etc) but if i say that i want an alternative (they BMW proposes) such as Brussels, Luxembourg, Metz, Dijon, etc. it won't show the chargers. And this is a route with a few Ionity!!

so, I'll try to check more but these days have been staying home and couldn't play with it...
I have just checked my car. It is a Pre-LCI Premier Pro, which has been updated to 2021-07, and has the latest map update.

My sat nav now recommends charging points. And you are able to filter them by various criteria. Restricting to 200kW gives a list of not much more than BP and Ionity. It even advised how long the charge will take, and showed that 2 of the 4 charge points were occupied.

It certainly was not doing this in early January when I made a long trip. It appears to be a new feature.

I will have to check out what you said about the alternative routes not showing charge points. Most of the time I like to choose my charge points myself. So it would be good to be able to add them as waypoints, and for the car to acknowledge they are charge points, where I want to stop, as opposed to a simple waypoint. But it is certainly a step forward.

I stand corrected. And I take back some of my comments about the built in sat nav! All they need to do now is get the live traffic working better.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 08:56 AM   #24
hollpe
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
I stand corrected. And I take back some of my comments about the built in sat nav! All they need to do now is get the live traffic working better.
Me too!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 01:32 PM   #25
that_dude
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersebbo View Post
...my use which is a daily 10 mile commute and occasional 100mile-ish trips, it's perfect.
This is very similar to my planned usage profile. It'll be mainly used to do the school run and the occasional work trip to London.
Appreciate 0