BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-01-2021, 05:37 AM   #1
timmay77
Stupendous Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F13 M6 Comp pkg

What are the signs of a failing clutch?

2016 M6 coupe, 52k miles. I purchased the car with 40k miles on it. This is my first DCT, so I am not sure what a failing clutch pack feels like. It just does odd things sometimes that makes me think it may be going out. Low speed stuff, odd reverse actions, not any noticeable slipping under high power, that is all totally fine. When I purchased the car, the dashboard and steering wheel were replaced under warranty. I asked the dealership to drive it and let me know if they thought the clutch was ok, which they said it was fine. That was at about 45k miles. I have only put downpipes, an intake, and a bootmod3 tune on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
Kamate
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m6

A bad clutch will be the same with dct or manual. It will slip under high rpm/hard pull. If it doesn’t then it’s not the clutch.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #3
M6Roar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay77 View Post
2016 M6 coupe, 52k miles. I purchased the car with 40k miles on it. This is my first DCT, so I am not sure what a failing clutch pack feels like. It just does odd things sometimes that makes me think it may be going out. Low speed stuff, odd reverse actions, not any noticeable slipping under high power, that is all totally fine. When I purchased the car, the dashboard and steering wheel were replaced under warranty. I asked the dealership to drive it and let me know if they thought the clutch was ok, which they said it was fine. That was at about 45k miles. I have only put downpipes, an intake, and a bootmod3 tune on it.
Try rest adaptations
Appreciate 0