BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      06-13-2020, 04:39 PM   #375
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
30205
Rep
16,448
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It's the 0W30 formula for the M5,it gets a 5 minute tick over warm up before I drive off to make sure the oil is in every nook and cranny.I always keep a 1 litre top up can in the car in case a top up is required.
What lube do you use in your M my friend..
I see my friend .
I'm using Castrol Edge or the BMW M Twin Power Turbo (recommended by BMW)
Both are 10W60 for the S65 engine .
With the BMW M Twin Power Turbo oil , my S65 runs smoother (made by Shell Helix Ultra Racing)
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13654.50
      06-13-2020, 05:01 PM   #376
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I see my friend .
I'm using Castrol Edge or the BMW M Twin Power Turbo (recommended by BMW)
Both are 10W60 for the S65 engine .
With the BMW M Twin Power Turbo oil , my S65 runs smoother (made by Shell Helix Ultra Racing)
That's a good choice, the only thing is you can only get those from Bm dealer in 1 litre handy fills where I get mine in 4 litre containers, so if I buy three 4 litre ones from Costco I have enough for any top ups should they be needed.
The 10-60 is not recommended for the 4.4 V8 F10 because of the tight tolerances of the con rod bearings, problem being at start up the oil is too thick to penetrate quickly.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 08:16 AM   #377
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
3012
Rep
2,446
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26306705]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
"We are back" !!!


My friend, the RB Milton Keynes hub is not far from me!!!
My friends -
Maximus is SO fast in the wet!!!! To me, this is always the ultimate sign of an driver that has "other-worldly" skills....it really separates the wheat from the chaff....can you imagine if you are driving on the limit in an F1 car and your competitor just blows by you like you're freaking stopped....you would wonder just how your competitor is able to do this in very similar equipment!!!!

You are spot-on calling out Senna....the videos of him driving past his opponents in the wet....as if they were stopped!!!!

Well done UKM5!!!! This is a proper oil change, performed with LOVE.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,042
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 08:53 AM   #378
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
30205
Rep
16,448
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=racerbruce;26309545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

My friends -
Maximus is SO fast in the wet!!!! To me, this is always the ultimate sign of an driver that has "other-worldly" skills....it really separates the wheat from the chaff....can you imagine if you are driving on the limit in an F1 car and your competitor just blows by you like you're freaking stopped....you would wonder just how your competitor is able to do this in very similar equipment!!!!

You are spot-on calling out Senna....the videos of him driving past his opponents in the wet....as if they were stopped!!!!

Well done UKM5!!!! This is a proper oil change, performed with LOVE.
"MAX the rain man"

__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13654.50
      06-14-2020, 09:16 AM   #379
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=racerbruce;26309545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

My friends -
Maximus is SO fast in the wet!!!! To me, this is always the ultimate sign of an driver that has "other-worldly" skills....it really separates the wheat from the chaff....can you imagine if you are driving on the limit in an F1 car and your competitor just blows by you like you're freaking stopped....you would wonder just how your competitor is able to do this in very similar equipment!!!!

You are spot-on calling out Senna....the videos of him driving past his opponents in the wet....as if they were stopped!!!!

Well done UKM5!!!! This is a proper oil change, performed with LOVE.
My drive is angled up and with the wood blocks in place under front wheels I wanted all the old oil in the oil cooler to come out also.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 09:18 AM   #380
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26309637][QUOTE=racerbruce;26309545]

"MAX the rain man"

MAXimum skill in the wet, the rain tyres are well married to the chassis.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #381
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
30205
Rep
16,448
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26309729][QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26309637]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

"MAX the rain man"

MAXimum skill in the wet, the rain tyres are well married to the chassis.
As we know my friend . By COVID the F1 races are planned much later in this '20 season .
Logically seen , this means the chances of wet races are also bigger ...


"Yesterday" The first F1 trucks already arrived in Austria (Red Bull Ring)
Attached Images
  
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13654.50
      06-14-2020, 12:02 PM   #382
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26310022][QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26309729]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

As we know my friend . By COVID the F1 races are planned much later in this '20 season .
Logically seen , this means the chances of wet races are also bigger ...


"Yesterday" The first F1 trucks already arrived in Austria (Red Bull Ring)
This can only mean good news for Max's Red Bull team seing how good the RB is in the wet.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 03:07 PM   #383
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
3012
Rep
2,446
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Wowie!

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26309637]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

"MAX the rain man"

My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -
This is such awesome video recall of one of THE MOST incredible rain drives of all time....this is up there with Senna's rain skills!!!!

Maximus went P19 to P3 podium....UNREAL.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,042
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 03:54 PM   #384
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
30205
Rep
16,448
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=racerbruce;26310814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -
This is such awesome video recall of one of THE MOST incredible rain drives of all time....this is up there with Senna's rain skills!!!!

Maximus went P19 to P3 podium....UNREAL.


Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13654.50
      06-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #385
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26310957][QUOTE=racerbruce;26310814]



Raining? Out the way Hammo and Lec...MAX is comin' thru
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #386
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=racerbruce;26309545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

My friends -
Maximus is SO fast in the wet!!!! To me, this is always the ultimate sign of an driver that has "other-worldly" skills....it really separates the wheat from the chaff....can you imagine if you are driving on the limit in an F1 car and your competitor just blows by you like you're freaking stopped....you would wonder just how your competitor is able to do this in very similar equipment!!!!

You are spot-on calling out Senna....the videos of him driving past his opponents in the wet....as if they were stopped!!!!

Well done UKM5!!!! This is a proper oil change, performed with LOVE.
Racerbruce my friend,Max is the equal of Senna in the rain, be it in his OWN unpretentious way.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 06:50 PM   #387
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
3012
Rep
2,446
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Well said -

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26311273]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

Racerbruce my friend,Max is the equal of Senna in the rain, be it in his OWN unpretentious way.
Indeed UKM5!!!!
Can you imagine if fate would have allowed SEN and VER to go at it in full-wet conditions????
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,042
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #388
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=racerbruce;26311571]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

Indeed UKM5!!!!
Can you imagine if fate would have allowed SEN and VER to go at it in full-wet conditions????
I'm thankful that Senna was well before Max's time,I believe Max wasn't yet born on that fateful day for Senna at Imola in '94.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2020, 04:08 PM   #389
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
30205
Rep
16,448
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26311191][QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26310957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post



Raining? Out the way Hammo and Lec...MAX is comin' thru
[QUOTE=racerbruce;26311571]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

Indeed UKM5!!!!
Can you imagine if fate would have allowed SEN and VER to go at it in full-wet conditions????
"The latest about MAX" Guess what ?

Well my friends , MAX bought a new toy !
It's a Ferrari Monza SP2 . Yes ! You are reading this well ...A "Ferrari" !!!
The thing has a 6.5 litre V12 engine with 810 ponies => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/61042...on-euros-.html
So...Ferrari receives 1.6 million Euros from MAX ($1,800,484 USD)

Soon . Max drives in a Ferrari . Ohhhhhh...."The Irony"
Attached Images
   
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13654.50
      06-15-2020, 04:59 PM   #390
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26315363][QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26311191][QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26310957]

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

"The latest about MAX" Guess what ?

Well my friends , MAX bought a new toy !
It's a Ferrari Monza SP2 . Yes ! You are reading this well ...A "Ferrari" !!!
The thing has a 6.5 litre V12 engine with 810 ponies => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/61042...on-euros-.html
So...Ferrari receives 1.6 million Euros from MAX ($1,800,484 USD)

Soon . Max drives in a Ferrari . Ohhhhhh...."The Irony"
I too am surprised Max has chosen this particular Ferrari,I can't see it being driven that often with no weather protection...I didn't even know Ferrari had such a model.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 10:23 AM   #391
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
30205
Rep
16,448
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26315588][QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26315363][QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26311191]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post



I too am surprised Max has chosen this particular Ferrari,I can't see it being driven that often with no weather protection...I didn't even know Ferrari had such a model.
Yeah I see my friend . But..
The car would be delivered directly from Maranello in the "sunny" Monaco (of course)

Side note : Yesterday I mowed my grass . No wait ! Actually I mowed my hay !
#NorainBelgiandesert
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13654.50
      06-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #392
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26315363][QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26311191][QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26310957]

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

"The latest about MAX" Guess what ?

Well my friends , MAX bought a new toy !
It's a Ferrari Monza SP2 . Yes ! You are reading this well ...A "Ferrari" !!!
The thing has a 6.5 litre V12 engine with 810 ponies => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/61042...on-euros-.html
So...Ferrari receives 1.6 million Euros from MAX ($1,800,484 USD)

Soon . Max drives in a Ferrari . Ohhhhhh...."The Irony"
Personally... I'd have a secondhand 488,the smiling Portafino and an F8 Tributo
I don't mow my grass for 3-4 weeks, its a waste of time doing it every week.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #393
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
30205
Rep
16,448
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26318465][QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26315363][QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26311191]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post



Personally... I'd have a secondhand 488,the smiling Portafino and an F8 Tributo
I don't mow my grass for 3-4 weeks, its a waste of time doing it every week.
My friend . I don't have grass anymore . It's burned by the sun . It's actually yellow hay covered in dust ..
Last Friday the sky looked pitch black, and we got a thunderstorm . But I got only a few drops of rain ..
For the moment I can see dark clouds , but no rain is coming. We need rain ASAP .
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13654.50
      06-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #394
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
30205
Rep
16,448
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

"Interesting"

Motor racing is an innovative sport when it comes to engines and cars, but there is also a lot of innovation in the peripheral areas. One of the recent developments is a biometric shirt that drivers are able to use. The FIA has approved a new fire-resistant and biometric shirt from Marelli and OMP Racing.


"VISM"

The shirt is short for "VISM" which stands for 'Vital Signs Monitor' and this has come about through a collaboration between Marelli and OMP Racing. Apart from being fire resistant, this shirt is also equipped with a system that can read vital signs from the driver and communicate them to people at the pit wall.
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13654.50
      06-16-2020, 10:57 AM   #395
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13655
Rep
8,153
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26318551][QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26318465][QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26315363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

My friend . I don't have grass anymore . It's burned by the sun . It's actually yellow hay covered in dust ..
Last Friday the sky looked pitch black, and we got a thunderstorm . But I got only a few drops of rain ..
For the moment I can see dark clouds , but no rain is coming. We need rain ASAP .
We've had three medium showers today and now it's blazing sun, you said there is a water hose ban I think,ohhh... I wish you could have our rain my friend..
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 11:02 AM   #396
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
30205
Rep
16,448
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26318620][QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26318551][QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26318465]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

We've had three medium showers today and now it's blazing sun, you said there is a water hose ban I think,ohhh... I wish you could have our rain my friend..
Yes my friend . The water pressure is also gone from the tap . In the last 2 weeks we were 3 days without water .
Our ground water level was "never" so low since 1831 . Disaster !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13654.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST