BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
Sleazy_1981
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 F15

M1 and M2 buttons don't save

Is it just me or do the M1 and M2 buttons not save settings. The settings save for the current drive, but once you turn the car off and back on again, it defaults back to some default settings which I don't want.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

The seat memory buttons can save TWO seat settings...that's it. Those settings are not based on the remote key's priority settings.

It's like one of the doors to your house...they both lead into your home...but the front door and back door are different entrances...yet they still accomplish the same thing. They get you into your house.

If you create a seat memory and assign it to M1...and you've also created a priority remote memory...they both can be exactly the same. But if you lend your car to someone else and they change the seat/mirror/steering wheel...then lock/unlock the car without assigning the remote to "GUEST"...this can change your remote settings.

But if you programmed one of the seat memory buttons (M1)...this can be like using the back door to get in to your home. You can go back to the perfect setting...and then when you lock/unlock the door using your remote...it will change back to your exact positions. The seat memory button is kind of like your back up if the remote key memory gets out of whack...because it is not based on the remote's functions or identification.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 02:43 PM   #3
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy_1981 View Post
Is it just me or do the M1 and M2 buttons not save settings. The settings save for the current drive, but once you turn the car off and back on again, it defaults back to some default settings which I don't want.

I am assuming you are thinking of the buttons on the steering wheel. I had this issue.

Go into the settings. Find the profiles. Select a profile. After the profile is selected it should stay selected when you use your key. You should then be able to program your M buttons. They will be associated with that profile and that profile should be associated with your key. So every time you drive the car it should default to your profile with your settings.

It at least worked for me.
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #4
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

It becomes second nature just to tap the M1 button for the settings you want after about a week, I promise you'll get used to it!

Apparently the car can't remember the settings because of some emissions/fuel usage crap
      08-21-2019, 02:49 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Oops...without a pic or specific mention of a location...I thought the OP was referring to buttons #3 & #4 in the pic below of the seat control module since there's an M, 1, & 2 button...is this NOT what is being referenced?
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-22-2019 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 02:52 PM   #6
Sleazy_1981
Private
Rep

Thanks for the quick responses. This forum is more knowledgeable then my local BMW dealer.

For the record, I was referring the M1 and M2 buttons on the steering wheel, not the seat memory.

Let me try the profile configuration and I'll let you know the outcome.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #7
Sleazy_1981
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Oops...without a pic or specific mention of a location...I thought the OP was referring to buttons #3 & #4 in the pic below of the seat control module since there's an M, 1, & 2 button...is the NOT what is being referenced?
Thanks but I was referring to the steering wheel buttons that control suspension, throttle, shift etc.

Although they are do use the same acroymns.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 03:17 PM   #8
Sleazy_1981
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
I am assuming you are thinking of the buttons on the steering wheel. I had this issue.

Go into the settings. Find the profiles. Select a profile. After the profile is selected it should stay selected when you use your key. You should then be able to program your M buttons. They will be associated with that profile and that profile should be associated with your key. So every time you drive the car it should default to your profile with your settings.

It at least worked for me.
Yup that did it. Thank you sir.
Appreciate 1