BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-11-2020, 05:27 PM   #45
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by benacto View Post
that's right... I don't think my M6 comes with a little jack kit.
unsure if sarcasm...but $20-25 for my local shop to do it in 10 mins seems worth it to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 11:47 AM   #46
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineKing_M6GC View Post
unsure if sarcasm...but $20-25 for my local shop to do it in 10 mins seems worth it to me.
no sarcasm. I was looking for a jack one time when I had a flat. I had a 550 before this and there was a spare and all the tools. Not so much on the M6.

yeah, 20-25 bucks totally worth it.
      04-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #47
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benacto View Post
Quote:
no sarcasm. I was looking for a jack one time when I had a flat. I had a 550 before this and there was a spare and all the tools. Not so much on the M6.

yeah, 20-25 bucks totally worth it.
Gotcha, apologies, forums are easy to misinterpret things. agreed on the lack of a spare, I saw this online and was wondering if it's worth the purchase for a spare.

https://modernspare.com/product/2012...e-kit-options/
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 07:07 PM   #48
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

Quote:
Gotcha, apologies, forums are easy to misinterpret things. agreed on the lack of a spare, I saw this online and was wondering if it's worth the purchase for a spare.

https://modernspare.com/product/2012...e-kit-options/
that's pretty cool. but no place to actually store the spare.
      04-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #49
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Congrats on the Car awesome and unique color combo , The one option I see missing is Carbon Ceramic brakes.
On the spacers , I heard Future classic from IND is really good , I think its there brand , they give you longer bolts for the wheels and a longer bolt for the rotor hat , you use the rotor hat bolt to support the spacer you use in the hub , it’s a nice idea
https://ind-distribution.com/collect...r-kit-14mm-lug

And with the spare I know they should have one my MB E63s had a collapsible spare it was small then when you put air in it unfolded and blew up to a full size tire pretty cool still need ample space for it .
I keep a plug kit in the car with me the factory pump is good to fill the tire , if you get a blowout your sol anyway got to call a tow truck, I feel the tires are pretty good today a blow out is more unlikely than a screw in the tire so the plug kit comes in handy
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 07:29 PM   #50
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Congrats on the Car awesome and unique color combo , The one option I see missing is Carbon Ceramic brakes.
On the spacers , I heard Future classic from IND is really good , I think its there brand , they give you longer bolts for the wheels and a longer bolt for the rotor hat , you use the rotor hat bolt to support the spacer you use in the hub , it’s a nice idea
https://ind-distribution.com/collect...r-kit-14mm-lug

And with the spare I know they should have one my MB E63s had a collapsible spare it was small then when you put air in it unfolded and blew up to a full size tire pretty cool still need ample space for it .
I keep a plug kit in the car with me the factory pump is good to fill the tire , if you get a blowout your sol anyway got to call a tow truck, I feel the tires are pretty good today a blow out is more unlikely than a screw in the tire so the plug kit comes in handy

Yep, no CCB or Night vision on mine but I'm personally good without on it. Hopefully get a chance to pick up a dedicated track car in a few years. Appreciate the link for the spacers, still trying to finalize it.

Good pt about the plug kit, anything special or the regular auto parts one with the hook tool and the tar covered rubber "rope"?

Also, factory pump? where is that located if I have it?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 09:47 PM   #51
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Yep, no CCB or Night vision on mine but I'm personally good without on it. Hopefully get a chance to pick up a dedicated track car in a few years. Appreciate the link for the spacers, still trying to finalize it.

Good pt about the plug kit, anything special or the regular auto parts one with the hook tool and the tar covered rubber "rope"?

Also, factory pump? where is that located if I have it?
Any plug kit is fine, make sure it a complete kit with the tools there cheap .
Amazon , EBay .

The pump is in the trunk , as you open the trunk straight down there is a flap with a pull loop it’s under there,

Actually I think I’m going to buy those 10mm spacers , I’m running 305s so I want more clearance , and none in the front, there not to expensive so I will see how it looks
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #52
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

Great Color Combo - nice looking car! congrats
      04-28-2020, 04:32 PM   #53
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep