BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      01-09-2021, 12:29 PM   #111
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8622
Rep
6,315
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Abiteboul will be replaced by Brivio . And Marcin Budkowski is the Alpine team boss .
The new Renault PU performance numbers are very promising !
I'm pretty sure , Teeth-RIC will be "butthurt" by his move to McLaren...

The F1 "Alpine-Blue" looks really amazing !
Not bad looking is it the Alpine, Ricci may have blown it again by jumping into another team with a detuned Merc engine.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2021, 12:38 PM   #112
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8622
Rep
6,315
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend , I thought lip fillers are a girl-thing ?

I heard it can be usefull as well...
That's what I thought..the times must be a changin' !
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2021, 07:28 PM   #113
fiveohwblow
Captain
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
1060
Rep
624
Posts

Drives: E70, E46 M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Not bad looking is it the Alpine, Ricci may have blown it again by jumping into another team with a detuned Merc engine.
Mclaren and itís culture offer much more than just the power unit. If I were a driver, my consideration set would not be exclusive to who currently has the best of this or that. While important, other factors matter and that is why we saw them third in the constructors this year and will continue to see progress. Leadership matters.
Appreciate 3
      01-10-2021, 08:14 AM   #114
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8622
Rep
6,315
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Mclaren and it’s culture offer much more than just the power unit. If I were a driver, my consideration set would not be exclusive to who currently has the best of this or that. While important, other factors matter and that is why we saw them third in the constructors this year and will continue to see progress. Leadership matters.
It worked out like that for them. Taking a weak Ferrari into account McLaren had some open door advantages to move up.
Appreciate 2
      01-10-2021, 10:41 AM   #115
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8622
Rep
6,315
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
It tough times,Lando the receptionist
Appreciate 2
yco3190.00

      01-10-2021, 05:38 PM   #116
Autobacs
Second Lieutenant
Autobacs's Avatar
108
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5M
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WA state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Very interesting how Ferrari and McLaren will stack up against each other in 2021. As much as the allure of Ferrari is understandable for Carlos, I think McLaren will have more of an upside with the Merc engines.
__________________
2011 BMW X5M
2010 Nissan GTR Elite Prime
2016 Lexus GSF
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 04:14 AM   #117
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
3190
Rep
2,216
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It tough times,Lando the receptionist
Landoooo..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 02:38 PM   #118
3798j
Captain
3798j's Avatar
3568
Rep
989
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [4.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'14 Audi S5  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Futures (BOVADA) $100:

WDC

HAM -$250
VER +$500
BOT +$550
PER +$1400
LEC +$2500
RUS +$3300
SAI +$6600
RIC +$6600
ALO +$6600
NOR +$6600
VET +$6600
Money being placed on George Russell has now dropped the payoff on a $100 bet from $3300 down to $1600...it's obvious that there are those that believe he could be the guy.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:04 PM   #119
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
1498
Rep
3,995
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Money being placed on George Russell has now dropped the payoff on a $100 bet from $3300 down to $1600...it's obvious that there are those that believe he could be the guy.
I wouldn't be making a bet on Russell.
Jim Ratcliffe is worth some £15 billion...his isn't going to let Hamilton go because he is asking to have the same salary as last year.
Hamilton is way more of a certainty of winning the DWC in the Merc than Russell.
Ratcliffe could find any wages shortfall down the back of sofa.
Appreciate 1
MJE60482.50

      01-26-2021, 02:53 AM   #120
M3_WC
Brigadier General
953
Rep
3,585
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Hamilton is way more of a certainty of winning the DWC in the Merc than Russell.
Merc is winning no matter what. With or without Lewis.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2021, 04:58 AM   #121
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8622
Rep
6,315
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Is it wise putting heaps of money on HAM,I'm not an enthusiastic gambling man but what if he doesn't race.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2021, 06:39 AM   #122
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
1498
Rep
3,995
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Is it wise putting heaps of money on HAM,I'm not an enthusiastic gambling man but what if he doesn't race.
I wouldn't...just because the odds are poor.
An outside bet on Leclerc might be better...regardless of what you might think of him...he did manage some surprising results last season and Ferrari pulling a winning car out of the bag is not impossible.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:36 AM   #123
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8622
Rep
6,315
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I wouldn't...just because the odds are poor.
An outside bet on Leclerc might be better...regardless of what you might think of him...he did manage some surprising results last season and Ferrari pulling a winning car out of the bag is not impossible.
Nope,I'll have tenner on Max.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2021, 02:48 PM   #124
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
28711
Rep
10,945
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Merc is winning no matter what. With or without Lewis.
2017 and 2018 would beg to differ with you.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 95 Wins. 98 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 3 Pole Positions, 10 Wins and 10 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #125
MJE60
Captain
MJE60's Avatar
England
483
Rep
734
Posts

Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dorset, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Is it wise putting heaps of money on HAM,I'm not an enthusiastic gambling man but what if he doesn't race.
HAM is definitely racing in 2021, delay is purely about contract length and not financials. HAM only wants to commit to 1 season whereas team are looking for two. The team want continuity and experience to carry them over major rule/regulation changes for 2022. If anyone can handle and get the best out of new “higher ground effect” cars it will be HAM but 2022 will not be the certainty for Mercedes AMG Petronius that is 2021. I think HAM will not be happy retiring other than as world champion.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-26-2021 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
minn198248.00

      01-26-2021, 05:37 PM   #126
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8622
Rep
6,315
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
HAM is definitely racing in 2021, delay is purely about contract length and not financials. HAM only wants to commit to 1 season whereas team are looking for two. The team want continuity and experience to carry them over major rule/regulation changes for 2022. If anyone can handle and get the best out of new “higher ground effect” cars it will be HAM but 2022 will not be the certainty for Mercedes AMG Petronius that is 2021. I think HAM will not be happy retiring other than as world champion.
A few are saying that but we'll see, some other factors also playing there that are not so obvious at first.
Appreciate 2
      01-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #127
MJE60
Captain
MJE60's Avatar
England
483
Rep
734
Posts

Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dorset, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
A few are saying that but we'll see, some other factors also playing there that are not so obvious at first.
You are right, time will tell but HAM has been in full pre-season training and ramping up preparations, so he thinks he will be racing.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2021, 02:35 AM   #128
M3_WC
Brigadier General
953
Rep
3,585
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
2017 and 2018 would beg to differ with you.
We are getting a repeat of cars/rules from last season. Merc will win period. Whether it is Bottas, Hamilton, or Russel. It is signed, sealed and delivered.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 04:18 AM   #129
MJE60
Captain
MJE60's Avatar
England
483
Rep
734
Posts

Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dorset, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
We are getting a repeat of cars/rules from last season. Merc will win period. Whether it is Bottas, Hamilton, or Russel. It is signed, sealed and delivered.
I agree, 2021 cars are a minor evolution from 2020 and Merc stopped development/upgrades of the 2020 car early last season in order to concentrate on 2021 platform. This truth is that Red Bull, crowing that their car closed the gap in 2020, will struggle because like the previous two seasons Merc were already concentrating on following season. This is why 2022 changes are a big deal.

I disagree that Merc can put anyone in their cars and still win the championship. Bottas was beaten regularly, HAM was not. HAM has outperformed all of his team mates, even Nico (who IMO only won season because HAM car had unusually high mechanical failure rate that season, indeed statistically HAM power unit parts failed more than other Merc engines on the grid combined, a coincidence?).

Finally I am not impressed with Red Bull tactics, Christian Horner (man of repeated protests) pushing for fuel flow rate restrictions for Merc because other engines are less capable is woke BS (yeh, we should all get to win otherwise it’s not fair). To emphasise the stupidity of picking on merc engine fuel flow, well it’s the last thing Williams need in 2021. The fact is F1 should be about the best, the fastest and most challenging, whereas it has been heading down the route of tyre management, micro-management by track officials , fuel management and for some teams ego management. A handicap system turns f1 into a farce, why invest, design or strive if it results in performance restrictions. Losing Honda is a shame, especially as their engine finally started delivering but Red Bull whining will not protect their investment.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-27-2021 at 06:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2021, 06:26 AM   #130
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8622
Rep
6,315
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
I agree, 2021 cars are a minor evolution from 2020 and Merc stopped development/upgrades of the 2020 car early last season in order to concentrate on 2021 platform. This truth is that Red Bull, crowing that their car closed the gap in 2020, will struggle because like the previous two seasons Merc were already concentrating on following season. This is why 2022 changes are a big deal.

I disagree that Merc can put anyone in their cars and still win the championship. Bottas was beaten regularly, HAM was not. HAM has outperformed all of his team mates, even Nico (who IMO only won season because HAM car had unusually high mechanical failure rate that season, indeed statistically HAM power unit parts failed more than other Merc engines on the grid combined, a coincidence?).

Finally I am not impressed with Red Bull tactics, Christian Horner (man of repeated protests) pushing for fuel flow rate restrictions for Merc because other engines are less capable is woke BS (yeh, we should all get to win otherwise it’s not fair). The fact is F1 should be about the best, the fastest and most challenging, whereas it has been heading down the route of tyre management, micro-management by track officials , fuel management and for some teams ego management. Losing Honda is a shame, especially as their engine finally started delivering but Red Bull whining will not protect their investment.
You're talking rubbish,Russell not only beat BOT but in the same situation HAM would have to give way or have a collision which BOT avoided. I doubt the strange tyre mix up and subsequent screw in a new tyre (the tyre was never shown) or whatever would have happened if HAM had not got covid of which he said he tested positive as well as Wolff just now who apparently had no symptoms. Welcome to F1.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2021, 09:41 AM   #131
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
28711
Rep
10,945
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
I agree, 2021 cars are a minor evolution from 2020 and Merc stopped development/upgrades of the 2020 car early last season in order to concentrate on 2021 platform. This truth is that Red Bull, crowing that their car closed the gap in 2020, will struggle because like the previous two seasons Merc were already concentrating on following season. This is why 2022 changes are a big deal.

I disagree that Merc can put anyone in their cars and still win the championship. Bottas was beaten regularly, HAM was not. HAM has outperformed all of his team mates, even Nico (who IMO only won season because HAM car had unusually high mechanical failure rate that season, indeed statistically HAM power unit parts failed more than other Merc engines on the grid combined, a coincidence?).

Finally I am not impressed with Red Bull tactics, Christian Horner (man of repeated protests) pushing for fuel flow rate restrictions for Merc because other engines are less capable is woke BS (yeh, we should all get to win otherwise itís not fair). To emphasise the stupidity of picking on merc engine fuel flow, well itís the last thing Williams need in 2021. The fact is F1 should be about the best, the fastest and most challenging, whereas it has been heading down the route of tyre management, micro-management by track officials , fuel management and for some teams ego management. A handicap system turns f1 into a farce, why invest, design or strive if it results in performance restrictions. Losing Honda is a shame, especially as their engine finally started delivering but Red Bull whining will not protect their investment.
Great post.

Especially the last 2 paragraphs. You will kick over an ant pile from two RB Fan Bois and a few others in the, "it's the car camp." The cognitive gymnastics required to deny that Sir Lewis is only a champion because of the car requires ignoring all of the McLaren data vs. his team mates. Further, if the performance displayed in Turkey 2020 doesn't convince anyone of his prowess, they have no objectivity.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 95 Wins. 98 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 3 Pole Positions, 10 Wins and 10 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 1
MJE60482.50

      01-27-2021, 09:44 AM   #132
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
28711
Rep
10,945
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
You're talking rubbish,Russell not only beat BOT but in the same situation HAM would have to give way or have a collision which BOT avoided. I doubt the strange tyre mix up and subsequent screw in a new tyre (the tyre was never shown) or whatever would have happened if HAM had not got covid of which he said he tested positive as well as Wolff just now who apparently had no symptoms. Welcome to F1.
.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 95 Wins. 98 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 3 Pole Positions, 10 Wins and 10 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 1
MJE60482.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST