BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #23
MichaelInChicago
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 650xi GC

When you drive a car as beautiful as the 6 GC, there is no need to embellish what is already a stunning design with such gimmicky add-ons.

In my opinion, it cheapens the car.

Last edited by MichaelInChicago; 09-02-2019 at 06:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 07:12 PM   #24
Cmb6s
Rep
Drives: 2016 650i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelInChicago View Post
When you drive a car as beautiful as the 6 GC, there is no need to embellish what is already a stunning design.

In my opinion, it cheapens the car.
Well, in all honesty, I haven’t decided whether I’m going to keep the door projectors in there or not. I kind of liked having a lot of light to see the ground and didn’t realize it until I missed it.

However, I completely disagree with your statement. Each person chooses to mod their car differently. You may want to have the exact same car as many others out there, but a lot of folks like to mod their car in order to be unique. What floats one person’s boat will likely look terrible to somebody else, but that’s why each modded car reflects their owner’s personality and tastes. I wouldn’t expect you to like my “embellishments” nor am I building it for you (or anybody else), but I do think there is a need for many here to alter the stock design.

My point in posting this is just to provide affirmation that If anybody else wants to buy the M logo door projectors, there’s really no reason to get the factory BMW ones as the cheapos are plenty bright.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #25
MichaelInChicago
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 650xi GC

I did read your question, but as far as I know, we still live in a country that allows free speech.

Any mod is, by definition, an embellishment (to heighten the attractiveness of by adding decorative or fanciful details - Merriam-Webster), so you do not have to add quotations around the word. It was not meant as an insult or to be offensive.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #26
sixfiftyay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw 650I Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelInChicago View Post
I did read your question, but as far as I know, we still live in a country that allows free speech.

Any mod is, by definition, an embellishment (to heighten the attractiveness of by adding decorative or fanciful details - Merriam-Webster), so you do not have to add quotations around the word. It was not meant as an insult or to be offensive.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 08:05 PM   #27
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfiftyay View Post
Not really jacked. Any thread about a mod invites options about said mod. I'm with Michael (except the part about living in Chicago ). I think those door projectors are tacky as heck.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #28
sixfiftyay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw 650I Gran Coupe

the thread was never about if they are tacky or not. opinions and tastes differ. he wants the lights and wants to know if the cheaper option will work, which they do.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #29
jjasonSU
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 650i, NSX

Hey we all got a little bling in us
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 08:27 PM   #30
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfiftyay View Post
the thread was never about if they are tacky or not. opinions and tastes differ. he wants the lights and wants to know if the cheaper option will work, which they do.
Yup, but you will still get opinions. If I asked what glue would be best to glue a big pink plastic petunia to my hood, I'd get some responses about glue, and a bunch of opinions about plastic petunias. Welcome to the internet.
Appreciate 0