BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-20-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
Infiniteflow
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: BMW M6GC SMB
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

CF Front Lip and Diffuser Options

Hi Guys,

My M6GC is getting transferred from out of state to California right now and I have about another week before it will arrive to me so I have been searching for good CF parts for the car and I couldn't find exact answers I've been looking for..

I really like the look of this diffuser, however, when I contacted the company ( RW Carbon ) that was selling this part they no longer have this diffuser and lip because of the fitment issues they had.



And this lip that looks similar to vorsteiner lip, the company ( RW Carbon ) also said this lip had a fitment issue. I don't want the genuine vorsteiner lip because I know I will breaking it..and will need to replace again



So my question is if anyone have this diffuser and the lip how is the fitment and where were you able to purchase it? if this Diffuser isn't available then I think I am going to try for 3D Design diffuser which is more subtle whereas the other one looks very aggressive in my eyes.

Ok I forgot to list the parts name

DTM Carbon Fiber Front Lip
DTM Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler
DTM Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
DTM Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extensions

I appreciate the input and guidance to achieve this look in advance Thanks!

Last edited by Infiniteflow; 06-20-2020 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 11:53 PM   #2
DarkMastyr
New Member
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

From what I've been able to gather (you can see some threads in the M5 forums as well), all these companies seem to be getting the same carbon parts from the same factories in China. You can find the same parts on AliExpress. Fitment is a crapshoot. Delivery takes several months at least.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 12:58 AM   #3
Infiniteflow
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: BMW M6GC SMB
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMastyr View Post
From what I've been able to gather (you can see some threads in the M5 forums as well), all these companies seem to be getting the same carbon parts from the same factories in China. You can find the same parts on AliExpress. Fitment is a crapshoot. Delivery takes several months at least.
I've seen people in this forum sourcing their CF parts from eBay and they said that their fitment is perfect but now that you are saying its crapshoot I don't know if getting the genuine parts is the only way for the good fitment or its the installation process that can close the gap in fitment issue.

I wish someone who has gone through sourcing to installing the CF parts process to give guidance on where to get the parts ( exact store/seller name if it is eBay ). I was really relying on RW Carbon because its local but since they don't carry some of the parts I was interested I am trying to extend my search now through this forum.

Last edited by Infiniteflow; 06-21-2020 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #4
Speednlux
Private
Speednlux's Avatar
26
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: F12
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Macomb, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniteflow View Post
Hi Guys,

My M6GC is getting transferred from out of state to California right now and I have about another week before it will arrive to me so I have been searching for good CF parts for the car and I couldn't find exact answers I've been looking for..

I really like the look of this diffuser, however, when I contacted the company ( RW Carbon ) that was selling this part they no longer have this diffuser and lip because of the fitment issues they had.



And this lip that looks similar to vorsteiner lip, the company ( RW Carbon ) also said this lip had a fitment issue. I don't want the genuine vorsteiner lip because I know I will breaking it..and will need to replace again



So my question is if anyone have this diffuser and the lip how is the fitment and where were you able to purchase it? if this Diffuser isn't available then I think I am going to try for 3D Design diffuser which is more subtle whereas the other one looks very aggressive in my eyes.

Ok I forgot to list the parts name

DTM Carbon Fiber Front Lip
DTM Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler
DTM Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
DTM Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extensions

I appreciate the input and guidance to achieve this look in advance Thanks!
I can only speak from my own experience, but the parts I ordered from Spec-M on eBay have been great. Minor fitment adjustments to be made as you’re installing but I’ve heard the same for the Vorsteiner parts. The quality is pretty darn good, and shipping from Taiwan is fast. I ordered the trunk spoiler, side skirts and front lip on separate occasions in the midst of the beginning of COVID and the parts all arrived in a week or less.

My rear diffuser came with the car so I’m not sure about where the previous owner got it from, but the fit is also great.

Check out some of my prior posts if you’d like to see pictures as reference.

Good luck in your search, and let the modding begin!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
Infiniteflow
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: BMW M6GC SMB
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speednlux View Post
I can only speak from my own experience, but the parts I ordered from Spec-M on eBay have been great. Minor fitment adjustments to be made as you’re installing but I’ve heard the same for the Vorsteiner parts. The quality is pretty darn good, and shipping from Taiwan is fast. I ordered the trunk spoiler, side skirts and front lip on separate occasions in the midst of the beginning of COVID and the parts all arrived in a week or less.

My rear diffuser came with the car so I’m not sure about where the previous owner got it from, but the fit is also great.

Check out some of my prior posts if you’d like to see pictures as reference.

Good luck in your search, and let the modding begin!
Thank you! I will look into your previous post and will check out the parts from the seller you used
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 07:59 AM   #6
Petepacman
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

I have purchased 3 of these front lips from Amazon for $400. Fitment has been good all 3 times.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 09:28 AM   #7
m6NYC
New Member
m6NYC's Avatar
14
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Brooklyn New York

iTrader: (0)

Send me a private message if your still interested in these. I hand make these diffusers with either forged carbon or 2x2 weave. I can personally guarantee fitment on my car prior to shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC

Last edited by m6NYC; 06-23-2020 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2020, 03:42 PM   #8
Cincinnatus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
62
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 2013 M6
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Northeast PA

iTrader: (0)

Looking for these Vorsteiner style parts (skirts, diffuser and front deflector/lip), but NOT in carbon fiber. Regular ABS or reinforced thermoplastic would be fine, because I want to paint them to match the car.

Can some help point me in the right direction?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #9
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
Kr0m3assass1n's Avatar
United_States
711
Rep
664
Posts

Drives: '15 xDrive35i, '15 535i MSp, %
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
2015 BMW 5 series  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
Looking for these Vorsteiner style parts (skirts, diffuser and front deflector/lip), but NOT in carbon fiber. Regular ABS or reinforced thermoplastic would be fine, because I want to paint them to match the car.

Can some help point me in the right direction?
Try EBMotor. Fitment at your own risk.


https://www.ebmotor.com/product/v-st...-2014up-b371f/
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 05:14 PM   #10
Infiniteflow
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: BMW M6GC SMB
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Try EBMotor. Fitment at your own risk.


https://www.ebmotor.com/product/v-st...-2014up-b371f/
How did it work for you?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 05:42 PM   #11
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
Kr0m3assass1n's Avatar
United_States
711
Rep
664
Posts

Drives: '15 xDrive35i, '15 535i MSp, %
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
2015 BMW 5 series  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniteflow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Try EBMotor. Fitment at your own risk.


https://www.ebmotor.com/product/v-st...-2014up-b371f/
How did it work for you?
Haven't tried it, but it's one of the few places I've seen a V style non CF diffuser so I thought I'd share since the previous poster was asking.

In my opinion, you get what you pay for in terms of carbon fiber quality and finish. However, it seems fitment is a crap shoot. I've heard of $450 replica diffusers with better fitment than $1500 original Vorsteiners.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #12
Cincinnatus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
62
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 2013 M6
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Northeast PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Try EBMotor. Fitment at your own risk.


https://www.ebmotor.com/product/v-st...-2014up-b371f/
Are you getting a browser security warning on this site? Makes me a bit nervous.
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC63.50

      06-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #13
Whipple
Lieutenant
Whipple's Avatar
120
Rep
430
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC View Post
Send me a private message if your still interested in these. I hand make these diffusers with either forged carbon or 2x2 weave. I can personally guarantee fitment on my car prior to shipping.
man thats badass I would like to see that on the car!
__________________
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>RK Carbonfiber front mount intakes>
Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Cabon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 07:35 PM   #14
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
Kr0m3assass1n's Avatar
United_States
711
Rep
664
Posts

Drives: '15 xDrive35i, '15 535i MSp, %
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
2015 BMW 5 series  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC View Post
Send me a private message if your still interested in these. I hand make these diffusers with either forged carbon or 2x2 weave. I can personally guarantee fitment on my car prior to shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC
Do you make these in regular weave?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 10:52 AM   #15
m6NYC
New Member
m6NYC's Avatar
14
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Brooklyn New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Do you make these in regular weave?
Yeah regular 2x2 can be done. 1x1 is more difficult because it has too many curves. I might be changing the mold into three individual parts, it'll be way easier to ship and still look very nice.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 01:14 PM   #16
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
Kr0m3assass1n's Avatar
United_States
711
Rep
664
Posts

Drives: '15 xDrive35i, '15 535i MSp, %
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
2015 BMW 5 series  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Do you make these in regular weave?
Yeah regular 2x2 can be done. 1x1 is more difficult because it has too many curves. I might be changing the mold into three individual parts, it'll be way easier to ship and still look very nice.
Neat, that would be something I'd be interested in. Fitment has been a primary problem with the one piece V-Style diffuser.

Heck, I'd be interested in a V style Decklid Spoiler as well as front lip for the right price.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #17
m6NYC
New Member
m6NYC's Avatar
14
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Brooklyn New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
man thats badass I would like to see that on the car!
Thanks, Whipple! Will post some more pics soon.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST