BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-13-2021, 09:47 PM   #1
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Cylinder misfire solved!

Hey so I wanted to share my findings after having replaced all 8 spark plugs oem along with the new coils also all oem. I had a misfire on cylinder 2 and figured since I had changed out and installed new spark plugs perhaps that particular plug was bad or installed poorly… today I went in and pulled it out and then re-installed. Soon enough the misfire continued almost instantly… this time I went back in and visually noticed that the coil plastic that locks over the electrical connector was slightly less then perfect. The connector that plugs into the coil was about 99% installed but not 100% and the plastic that sits and clicks over it was not firm.

After fiddling with the plastic and ensuring the connector was 100% everything was then confirmed to be misfire free!

A small almost easily missed plastic could have cost a lot more in parts and stress…

Hope this helps others!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #2
castlesteve
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe, 2017 X5M

Nice find.
Appreciate 0