BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #23
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Cold start noise is neither loud nor annoying with the flaps open. Just that aggressive growl you would expect from a 600 HP machine
Flying Ace Good to know, must just be the videos I'm seeing that are distorting how loud it sounds since there's no real reference point to go off of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineKing_M6GC View Post
I think you may have me confused with Flo1989 and his build thread His build is coming together nicely and I'm also considering the taillight tint based on his turned out.

To your question, I have test driven an M6 with the regular exhaust and it is way too quiet for the vehicle. Luckily the car I ended up picking had the MPE on it, and it sounds 10x better. The MPE sounds great on cold start, good audible growl that settles down in 10 or so seconds.

To put it simply, I park in an underground garage and have yet to start my car without the door being open to hear.
AlpineKing_M6GC Yeah not sure how I mixed that up as I clearly remember reading through your intro thread and it's literally spelled out in your name nonetheless love the look of the Alpine White over the Aragon Brown.

Not looking to give you an errand or anything but if you have any videos of the exhaust on start up from the drivers seat in the garage I'd be curious to hear. I've only been able to find cold start videos where the camera is set up right behind the exhaust which is probably giving me a false sense of volume. If you have any you'd be willing to share feel free to shoot me a PM and I can send over my cell # for easier sharing than having to upload and post, unless you don't mind going through that process.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 10:57 AM   #24
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Cold start noise is neither loud nor annoying with the flaps open. Just that aggressive growl you would expect from a 600 HP machine
I would say cold start is pretty loud and annoying if you are catless. if you keep the cats on its very nice. it just lasts too long catless, if you can trim the cold start timer down to 5 -10 seconds that would be way better
      04-22-2020, 11:43 AM   #25
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
I would say cold start is pretty loud and annoying if you are catless. if you keep the cats on its very nice. it just lasts too long catless, if you can trim the cold start timer down to 5 -10 seconds that would be way better
I don't plan on going catless, I guess I just prefer being under the radar so that's why I was thinking a cold start delete might be necessary. But by the feedback I'm getting from most people on this thread, it really doesn't seem to be anything to draw concern over or at least not worth going through the trouble of doing a cold start delete. I think I was reading a thread from a member in the UK with the MPE stating that the cold start was causing a nuisance for his neighbors, so that sparked some concerns for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #26
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnson32 View Post
Quote:
Flying Ace Good to know, must just be the videos I'm seeing that are distorting how loud it sounds since there's no real reference point to go off of

Quote:
I think you may have me confused with Flo1989 and his build thread His build is coming together nicely and I'm also considering the taillight tint based on his turned out.

To your question, I have test driven an M6 with the regular exhaust and it is way too quiet for the vehicle. Luckily the car I ended up picking had the MPE on it, and it sounds 10x better. The MPE sounds great on cold start, good audible growl that settles down in 10 or so seconds.

To put it simply, I park in an underground garage and have yet to start my car without the door being open to hear.
AlpineKing_M6GC Yeah not sure how I mixed that up as I clearly remember reading through your intro thread and it's literally spelled out in your name nonetheless love the look of the Alpine White over the Aragon Brown.

Not looking to give you an errand or anything but if you have any videos of the exhaust on start up from the drivers seat in the garage I'd be curious to hear. I've only been able to find cold start videos where the camera is set up right behind the exhaust which is probably giving me a false sense of volume. If you have any you'd be willing to share feel free to shoot me a PM and I can send over my cell # for easier sharing than having to upload and post, unless you don't mind going through that process.
Sure, I'll shoot you a PM shortly, it's a pain to post vids on here.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 03:42 PM   #27
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

Quote:
I wouldn't mind listening to it either if you don't mind.

I think I want to do the MPE with AMS Catted 300 Cell DP's.

How do you all think that will sound?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 09:02 PM   #28
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirkaismyname View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't mind listening to it either if you don't mind.

I think I want to do the MPE with AMS Catted 300 Cell DP's.

How do you all think that will sound?
Sure, shoot a pm my way. I know that the OEM cats are pretty restrictive but unsure how much additional sound you would get since there still would be a cat.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #29
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Sure, shoot a pm my way. I know that the OEM cats are pretty restrictive but unsure how much additional sound you would get since there still would be a cat.
I dont think the cats are really a restriction, i believe you can get close to 800whp with cats on if i recall correctly from Allmotor_2000"s build. Cat removal is really for sound and a longevity thing. i mean at 800whp your cats would essentially hollow themselves out eventually.

Sound wise you could just remove the cats and leave your oem exhaust and i think it would sound really good.it would also be the cheapest way to see if you want the extra mpe sound. you can get good dps for close to $300 now vs $7k for a full mpe
      04-25-2020, 03:46 AM   #30
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnson32 View Post
Thanks for the input! Any chance this is your car...? Notice that your profile says Bahrain and the registration on the car is Qatar but the setup on the car seems identical to what you have

nop, as you said i am from Bahrain and that car from Qatar

i posted vid before on the forums for my car with exhaust sound, cant find it now, search for it