BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-24-2019, 11:19 PM   #23
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
I had it for about a month as a loaner and enjoyed it a lot. Car is fatter than it looks and ride height is quite high. Interior is a lot roomier than X5 especially the back seat. I took it for a long road trip and back seat was comfy for two adults and a baby in a car seat. I could push back my seat quite far and my wife still enough leg room - my wife is 5-11.

While tech was very nice all around, I still preferred idrive system with manual buttons. Going full digital left a lot to be desired while driving.

And damn the car has a presence. I drive S7 which certainly has a good presence also but Q8 was a lot more substantial and look never got old with 22" wheels.

Driving dynamic wasnt my concern for day to day driving and car felt very tight all around.

I think I can trade up my S7 or X5 without too much hesitation if it is a even swap. But if I need to pay for it, I think I will get a new X5 or range rover.

One thing that bothered the hell out of me was the door power assist. It makes you feel that the door is feather weight and hollow. And I rarely had a right "chuck" closing feeling - that weirdly located handle l didnt help either. Nonetheless, such a boss looking car.
Appreciate 0