BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #1
Mpowerbubbs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 340

F13 muffler delete Y quad tips

Hello all,

I recently just bought a 2013 M6 Coupe. I don’t post much really because I have found most of my answers through the search here. (Go figure ) This one I could not find the exact answer too and I think I bought something that I shouldn't put on.

I bought these china made Y dual tips that actually look like nice quality. Of course, after I ordered them, I found out the stock piping is 3 inch. The Y piece I bought is a 2.5inch inlet and 3.5 outlet. My question is, sorry if its stupid, but can I and should I put these on? Flow coming from a 3” exhaust to a 2.5” tip/exit would I lose power?

I am think maybe its not too bad since the stock muffler is probably more restrictive. What do you guys think? Should I have some patience and order a bigger size? Lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 06:34 AM   #2
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

I doubt you'd lose a bunch of power but I still wouldn't just out of principle haha

Did you do consider a kit like Soul for the delete? I think Turner used to have one but I didn't see them listed anymore
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 12:23 PM   #3
Mpowerbubbs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 340

Haha yeah it doesn’t when you have a doubt you probably shouldn’t do it. I was considering the Soul but they seem so overpriced for some pieces of pipes lol I am not gonna put those tips on but install downpipes and see if the sound is good enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 02:33 PM   #4
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpowerbubbs View Post
Haha yeah it doesn’t when you have a doubt you probably shouldn’t do it. I was considering the Soul but they seem so overpriced for some pieces of pipes lol I am not gonna put those tips on but install downpipes and see if the sound is good enough for me.
It definitely wakes it up with downpipes and you can hear the turbos more. I did those first, it wasn't quite loud enough so I did the full Meisterschaft because I liked the sound over everything else. My other m6 had straight pipes on and the drone was rough.
Appreciate 0