BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-06-2021, 09:07 AM   #23
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Got my fingers crossed for ya on getting that engine to turn.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 04:50 PM   #24
MARKPRIOR
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 M6 GC

As above, completely forgot about the dct side of things, on compression you will feel reasonable resistance.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #25
NGROSSO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6 -- 2016 M6

Hi everyone,

Since my last post I have gotten the car into neutral and unfortunately had no luck hand turning the engine still. I'm well aware this is bad news but still chasing any possibilities.

It has become very obvious the starter is bad and given that the starter spools but does not engage the flywheel I've been questioning weather the Starter drive is lodged into the flywheel due to the attempted test starts with the insurance company. I figure this could lock up the engine and prevent cranking.

Any thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #26
patchesj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

I would recommend at a minimum pulling the spark plugs and scoping the top of the motor. Also, can't remember if you've changed the oil out yet but I would send some off to Blackstone. Do as much diagnosis as you can without actually getting to the point of starting the motor.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 09:09 PM   #27
NGROSSO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Hi all,

I've been quiet because I got bad news lol. We scoped the engine and saw scored walls. It was locked up. I turned to ebay to sell it and had a sale pending within 36 hours that fell through. So.... like any genius I knew this was god's sign to go full send and have it rebuilt.

Thanks to recommendation from member Whipple, I chose pure performance texas. The owner TJ so far has been awesome and has made it pretty fun. He is rebuilding the engine and body. Within a day of him having the car I had a full quote for rebuild and a day later the engine was out. Shooting for 700 whp and wtq

Build plans..

-Stock internals
-Stock Body rebuild
-DME S2
-Project Gamma Intakes (red)
-Project Gamma Charge Coolers (red)
-Project Gamma DP
-Meisterschaft GTC 102mm
-Red brake calipers (might regret this later on)
-Paint Correction + Ceramic
-PS4S tires

Looking for the following:

-Rear Diffuser
-Silver finish wheels any style similar to Vorsteiner Nero 503, HRE S200, Vossen HF2, exc.
-Rear spoiler

Had a bunch of cool people on here helping me out with the car so I wanted to update where its at.

I'll probably be better about updating IG on the build if anyone is interested. @518_m6
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-30-2021, 10:02 PM   #28
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Congrats bro! Car is gonna be sick with that color combo,Red guts with the blue exterior red calipers and red engine components ,Superman colors all the way, Perfect choice for the exhaust too !!! When they do the tune have them remove the cold start, you dont need it anymore with catless downpipes ,unless you want to wake the dead every time you start it cold, my near by neighbors about 2 block radius wanted to kill me

He might have to pull back on the torque to 650wtq ,stock clutches will slip at 700tq
Have him service the trans fluid, rear diff fluid ,and brake fluid while its there
He will probably do it anyway as your doing a full rebuild just let him know.

So whats the plan? I guess now that the engine is out it will go to the body shop side?
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 08:30 AM   #29
NGROSSO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Congrats bro! Car is gonna be sick with that color combo,Red guts with the blue exterior red calipers and red engine components ,Superman colors all the way, Perfect choice for the exhaust too !!! When they do the tune have them remove the cold start, you dont need it anymore with catless downpipes ,unless you want to wake the dead every time you start it cold, my near by neighbors about 2 block radius wanted to kill me

He might have to pull back on the torque to 650wtq ,stock clutches will slip at 700tq
Have him service the trans fluid, rear diff fluid ,and brake fluid while its there
He will probably do it anyway as your doing a full rebuild just let him know.

So whats the plan? I guess now that the engine is out it will go to the body shop side?
Thanks i'm excited. The exhaust was one of the first things I wanted to do. I like the meisterschaft sound more than any other. Sounded awesome on your car, the forged motor had it sounding even better. I probably will have to deactivate the cold start but I need to hear it at least once It was sounding like he could do it remotely.

Good thinking with the clutch. Tbh I hadn't thought much about it with everything else going on. You think 700whp and 650tq could be achieved "safely"? More important to me that the car won't hesitate rather than squeezing out power. If that were to mean 600hp and 600tq so be it, whatever it takes.

The plan... Engine rebuild then body work. He's going to do mechanicals first because he didn't want to be working around the engine after fresh body work and ceramic. He was hoping for 3 weeks. I laughed and thought he was joking. Don't see these work speeds around me lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 08:27 PM   #30
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGROSSO View Post
Thanks i'm excited. The exhaust was one of the first things I wanted to do. I like the meisterschaft sound more than any other. Sounded awesome on your car, the forged motor had it sounding even better. I probably will have to deactivate the cold start but I need to hear it at least once It was sounding like he could do it remotely.

Good thinking with the clutch. Tbh I hadn't thought much about it with everything else going on. You think 700whp and 650tq could be achieved "safely"? More important to me that the car won't hesitate rather than squeezing out power. If that were to mean 600hp and 600tq so be it, whatever it takes.

The plan... Engine rebuild then body work. He's going to do mechanicals first because he didn't want to be working around the engine after fresh body work and ceramic. He was hoping for 3 weeks. I laughed and thought he was joking. Don't see these work speeds around me lol.
Ask TJ let him know you want it reliable and don’t want the clutch to slip , he knows what he can squeeze out of them with no problems,my clutch was slipping in 4th gear with DME stage 3 tune , but it still worked fine but I can hear it slip

I had the SSP clutch got it on a Black Friday deal , TJ installed it for no charge since the trans was down. I made out on that one

He rebuilt my friends M6 same color as yours , he also did full paint correction and ceramic coating, car came out amazing ,I think the turn around was under a month with transport time

You can still get some summer time out of it ,
Car is gonna be like brand new when you get it , that’s awesome !
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #31
NGROSSO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Hi all,

I need headlight modules for a 2016 or newer car. Left front. Anyone know of a parts car around or any ideas where I can find the modules?
Appreciate 0