BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-17-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Whenever I take a right turn (or left for that matter) there's only so much approach planning you can do into the turn to prevent curbing your alloys.

However, every time I do take that the directed turn, some uneasy feeling crosses my body & mind which converts into the gut wrenching (possibly inevitable) sound of a thud/scrape.

Then the thought crossed my mind, you know with all these cars with rear steering, why don't they build in this "alloy damage warning" system where if you take a turn too close to the curb, a warning will apply, and even if you don't get the preventative notice before taking the turn, the rear steering kicks in ever so slightly to bump the car's rear out just enough to avoid scraping the alloys.

I'd happily buy that option. But man, does this car give me some serious worries due to its length, making me cross my fingers and doing a quick prayer before taking turns

Cheers. H
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #2
vtune
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Any time you create a "safety" or "caution" component it comes with a lot of obligations, so it is literally not worth their headaches...

They do sell M driver courses though... haha just kidding
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #3
ind_can
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE

Always just leave margin for error. If you're taking the turn precisely, it's probably barely close enough for comfort.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 06:18 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
yep, every damn time!
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0