BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-05-2019, 10:41 AM   #23
LeonBisha
Rep
Drives: F12 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Does your car have the competition package ?
O it does not, anyways update today i took out oem downpipes and gutted them completely, and still not much luck, so at this point am giving up and just live with it, its not that i wanted them on all the time but would have been nicer to have them there every now and then! So i dont know if its just my car or my mapper not doing something right!

If i want the pops and whistles i will use the cls63 biturbo intstead lol that does sing for sure! But thank you guys for your input:-)
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #24
LeonBisha
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSeed View Post
No drone. My car is pretty quiet. I don't hear wastegate rattle either with gutted OEMs. I don't have any flyby or interior videos at the moment.
You right i cant hear any drone nor waste gate rattle with oem downpipes! I think the middle resonator is doing a good job at reducing the drone!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #25
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonBisha View Post
You right i cant hear any drone nor waste gate rattle with oem downpipes! I think the middle resonator is doing a good job at reducing the drone!
The middle resonator section does a great job at hiding the waste gate rattle also.
My friend and I have the same exact car and Exhaust Meistershaft GTC we both have catless downpipes ,except we have different midsections he has stock and I have the 3.5'' pipe and velocity box from Meistershaft the 2 cars sound completely different my car actually sound like it has a different engine,I have wastegate rattle he doesnt its from the midsection hiding the rattle ,anyway after we had the rev battle he is ordering the midsection now
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #26
m.sickk
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F06 M6

I have catless dps with the rpi gtm exhaust which is technically a straight pipe. Wastegate rattle is pretty loud, kinda annoying tbh still tryna find for a fix without taking out the turbos. My car is loud, but its not straightpipe loud, I feel the f10 m5s are louder but not sure why cos they share the same engine.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #27
LeonBisha
Rep

To be fair i think now i did downpipe oem the car is a little too loud, so am thinking of maybe taking off the rear boxes that are currently gutted out and putting another set of rear boxes factory, that would still be loud I suppose as downpipes but it wont be crazy loud! I think in the convertible it sounds a little too much, or maybe thats just my taste!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #28
LeonBisha
Rep

Ok i went ahead and adedd original back mufflers and oem gutted downpipes and left middle resonator and car sounded a little quiet but to my ears nice enough, I could help but wanted to add a tiny bit more deepness to the sound so i thought if i keep oem back boxes and oem downpipes gutted and delete resonator i would achieve a decent deep and growly sound a little sinilar to my cls63 biturbo....... I did not:-(

The car now sounds too much raspier and just doesnt sound nice at all, again my opinion!

So am going to stick with oem gutted downpipes, stock resonator and stock back mufflers! Its still lot on WOT but quiet enough cruising around town and it doesnt sount crazy raspy like!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #29
thelegate
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

I went full blown straight through, X pipe delete, all muffler deletes, flap delete, decat and stage 2 tune. It is the loudest thing I've heard, cold startup is absolutely ridiculous luckily I live in an underground car park, but if I was in a residential drive then no chance I would keep it, in fact I'm taking it back to get cold start mapped out, and also invested in some valve controlled back boxes so I get a choice on how loud it can be. On the motorway it was droning quite bad, and even at low revs it sounded like i was going full throttle when I'm just going slow. But at full throttle it sounds so evil, like the thing needs to be in hell or something and not on earth, I didn't get the popcorn noises mapped in as I feel they sound fake, instead when I downshift and the exhaust is hot you hear the odd explosion instead of multiple gushot noises which sounds insane, I was never a fan of the stock sound and these changes are a MUST for anyone who wants to hear it's true sound, I would advise going with a controller valved back box + map out cold start! I can't stress enough how loud cold start is!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 08:42 AM   #30
thelegate
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulook View Post
Can you post up a video? Would love to hear it
Managed to make a compilation of a few videos together in one, nothing crazy here in terms of acceleration or video equipment just iphone footage, and videos never do the sound justice, it's much louder in person https://youtu.be/HweJCSBXIyI
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #31
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegate View Post
Managed to make a compilation of a few videos together in one, nothing crazy here in terms of acceleration or video equipment just iphone footage, and videos never do the sound justice, it's much louder in person https://youtu.be/HweJCSBXIyI
That downshift at the :55 sec mark though sounds damn good.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 04:25 PM   #32
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

I don't have a vid of my car with the (Full)Meistershaft GTC but here is a youtube vid that sounds close to identical to my car with the larger pipesand midsection , the car in the vid is catless with (Full) Eisenmann Race exhaust, changing the midsection to larger pipes and getting rid of that stupid pinch location of the stock exhaust really wakes up the sound

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0