BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-01-2023, 07:47 PM   #1
DaleMcnOKC
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
ECU, ECM, PCM, DME fuse # & location on my 2013 650i M-Sport Coupe

When⁴ repairing the connector for my cylinders 1 through 4 mass air flow sensor I got the outside two wires switched BU SMMMƁĤƁBHYYYaWĜG now I'm getting a check control message I need to know what I might have done to the car I was told by someone that I probably just fried the fuse to the mass air flow sensor but there's not a fuse for it it would have to be the fuse for the DME so could someone please tell me the fuse location & number of the ECU, ECM, PCM, DME.
Car has drivetrain malfunction check control message and is misfiring
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 11:51 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Don’t you have the fuse index sheet tucked into the slot of your rear fuse box?
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 04-02-2023 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 11:56 AM   #3
DaleMcnOKC
Registered
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I don't I did finally find the fuse box diagrsm but I can't find any burnout fuses well I did find two but they had nothing to do with what would cause a check control message or dynamic stability control message I don't know what I did to the car it sucks but it's telling me my crankshaft position lower B circuit or something like that is off as well as mass air flows sensor circuit a is off on the trouble code reader and I can't really read the trouble code reader again to get the codes because my battery is so low from me running it I think I might just have to get it towed to the shop but I wish I knew what getting the 2 outside wires mixed up did to it
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 12:15 PM   #4
Oris4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35i

I did this exact thing and for me it was the fuse box located by the hvac intake duct which is on the passenger side under the hood closest to the firewall. It is a replacement block not just a fuse. Not sure if your problem but that’s what worked for me
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 12:50 PM   #5
DaleMcnOKC
Registered
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Do you have a picture of what I should be looking for or do you have the part number by chance that you had to replace so I can look it up that way because I tried looking there but I couldn't I didn't know what I was looking for someone else told me to look there but I don't know what that block looks like all I found was the ECU and what looked like the beginning of you know my HVAC system
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 01:18 PM   #6
DaleMcnOKC
Registered
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oris4 View Post
I did this exact thing and for me it was the fuse box located by the hvac intake duct which is on the passenger side under the hood closest to the firewall. It is a replacement block not just a fuse. Not sure if your problem but that’s what worked for me
Are you talking about the fuse box control distribution box module it's right on the very top of that box that covers the inlet to the ECU by the firewall it's like a plastic thing you really can't see any metal but just a couple wires going to it at first I thought it was the ECU and then I found out it wasn't but that's what it was called but is that what you're talking about or does it look like an actual metal fuse that broke because that's the only thing I see when I take off that covering you know by the windshield wipers
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 01:24 PM   #7
Oris4
Private
Rep

Here is a link to the part I ended up replacing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22528332181...mis&media=COPY

Basically I was rewiring my Maf and crossed two wires and must have shorted it out. Mass air flow, vanos, and a few other sensors were no longer responding. Hope this is your problem because it cost me less than 100 bucks and thirty minutes of time. Make sure to disconnect battery when changing.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 01:26 PM   #8
Oris4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMcnOKC View Post
Are you talking about the fuse box control distribution box module it's right on the very top of that box that covers the inlet to the ECU by the firewall it's like a plastic thing you really can't see any metal but just a couple wires going to it at first I thought it was the ECU and then I found out it wasn't but that's what it was called but is that what you're talking about or does it look like an actual metal fuse that broke because that's the only thing I see when I take off that covering you know by the windshield wipers
I’m pretty sure you found it! I searched for weeks trying to figure this out and finally saw a video on YouTube but it was on an f30 and they opened it and changed the fuse. Couldn’t do so on the f06 so just replaced it and like brand new again
Appreciate 0