BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-14-2023, 11:32 AM   #1
MoFoHo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [7.00]
Another potential M6 owner (and some stupid dumb questions, of course).

Hi all wise ones! I took a 2016 M6 for a drive yesterday, and really loved it. I'm tempted, for sure. I currently have a 640d, and previously owned a 630i.

I'm in the UK BTW.

The M6 is a 2016 model, approx 50000 miles from a BMW (with full BMW service history) dealer with 12 months warranty. I really liked driving it, but to be honest, the different buttons and drive selector on the centre console confused me a little lol

The car has 2 or 3 previous owners, and looks very clean indeed. It looks looked after, for sure. I was particualry struck by how humongous the brake discs were... I'm going to read the various buyers guides and so on, but to current/previous owners, could I ask a few, probably rather dumb questions?

1. Is there any BMW maintenance alerts I should be aware of? I read of things like forged rods and such? An engine recall? I don't know if this was even a 'thing' here in the UK...

2. How do the M1/M2 buttons work? lol Are they essentially just presets for easily bringing up selections of settings made on the 3 steering/throttle/suspension buttons? Does one particular M button open up the full amount of power available? I tried changing the gearbox button, but couldn't really sense any changes (I was stuck behind traffic though, couldn't really put my foot down all the time)?

3. Is there a parking brake 'auto-hold' function? I couldn't see such a button.

4. Do all M6s still have the same kind of Connected Drive functionality as my 640D? I went in the menu, but a lot of options seemed missing. No RTTI on the nav screen, no online search in nav. I actually quite like the Connected Drive stuff, I know there's no beating Google Maps, but I think the navigation in these cars to be very good (especially coupled with that amazing HUD).

Finally, has anyone traded up to an M6 from a previous F12/13 6 series?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 04:27 PM   #2
machareus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 F06 M6 CP, '21 Alpina XB7

The M6 is a great car - you will have a great time driving it once you get familiar with the controls!

I can answer two of your questions:

2. You are correct - the buttons pull up preset values for steering/engine/suspension adjustments, along with the DriveLogic setting (1/2/3) and heads up display (regular or M)

3. There is no auto hold. There is auto start/stop, and the car will start with auto start/stop disabled.
Appreciate 0