12-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Megan Racing Springs

Hello there!

Is anyone here running Megan Racing lowering springs? Preferably on the M6 models. Any pics, issues, etc?
They're so much less compared to other options that makes you wonder...

Thanks!
Leo.

Last edited by xxTHIR13ENxx; 12-10-2018 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Don't wonder, just don't buy them. Get H&R or KW.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 12:11 PM   #3
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
Don't wonder, just don't buy them. Get H&R or KW.
On a budget, so trying to see if I can save a bit.

Having a close drop as an H&R set for half the price is appealing, so wanted to see if anyone else here could chime in on their experiences and/or issues.

Thanks.
Leo.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #4
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTHIR13ENxx View Post
On a budget, so trying to see if I can save a bit.

Having a close drop as an H&R set for half the price is appealing, so wanted to see if anyone else here could chime in on their experiences and/or issues.

Thanks.
Leo.
I hear you but if you're on a budget leave the springs alone, you'll end up spending double once you feel how those Megan springs make the car ride, then labor to take them off, they have zero resale value, etc. H&R or nothing pretty much when it comes to BMW springs.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 05:15 PM   #5
Siciliano611
Major
Rep
Drives: SMB M6GC

It's not h&r or nothing, I have the eibachs since I only wanted a 0.8" drop and not the 1.2 the H&R's go and they are fantastic
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #6
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siciliano611 View Post
It's not h&r or nothing, I have the eibachs since I only wanted a 0.8" drop and not the 1.2 the H&R's go and they are fantastic
Eibach is ok, way better than Megan Racing for these cars. I always hated the ride quality of Eibach because their spring rates are always stiff and bouncy for some reason, and if you don't have H&R to compare it to, you don't know what you're missing.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 07:22 PM   #7
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
I hear you but if you're on a budget leave the springs alone, you'll end up spending double once you feel how those Megan springs make the car ride, then labor to take them off, they have zero resale value, etc. H&R or nothing pretty much when it comes to BMW springs.
^That plus premature tire wear causing you to shell out $ for tires sooner. An alignment can obviously help, but nonetheless they will still wear sooner than non lowered cars.

OP are you going to install them yourself? Because if not, that's another cost to factor in...I'm getting H&Rs installed on my GC Wednesday and even though I was able to score the springs for $300, installation is costing me an additional $400 out the door.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #8
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
OP are you going to install them yourself? Because if not, that's another cost to factor in...I'm getting H&Rs installed on my GC Wednesday and even though I was able to score the springs for $300, installation is costing me an additional $400 out the door.
Yes, was planning on doing install myself (with nephews helping out). I've done almost everything on my MINI, but this is a different beast altogether.

Was also considering Eibach as the drop wasn't as much, but it seems H&R are the #1 on the spring game. This is not considering the adjustable KWs, of course...

Another question, I quite like the rear stance already; do you guys foresee any issues in installing only front springs and leaving the rears alone?

Thanks for all the feedback.
Leo.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #9
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTHIR13ENxx View Post
Yes, was planning on doing install myself (with nephews helping out). I've done almost everything on my MINI, but this is a different beast altogether.

Was also considering Eibach as the drop wasn't as much, but it seems H&R are the #1 on the spring game. This is not considering the adjustable KWs, of course...

Another question, I quite like the rear stance already; do you guys foresee any issues in installing only front springs and leaving the rears alone?

Thanks for all the feedback.
Leo.
Reach out to H&R and ask if they can make a custom front lowering set with the same spring rate as the OEM or you will have two different spring rates and the car will probably not ride so good.
Appreciate 0