BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-25-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
Szap12
2016 M6CP/Vorsteiner Aero/DME S3/Fabworx DP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6CP

Meisterschaft Exhaust Questions

i have a 16’ GC CP w/ Fabworx Catless downpipes, im looking for a sound like the eisanmann race or Meisterschaft with catless. Anyone know any tricks i can do to get something close?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:32 PM   #2
10THMTW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: White

Depends how much you want to spend bro, I have rpi trying sell it by the way ! Lol yea for a cat back cant go wrong with gt haus super loud ! I would go with IPE super aggressive or FI frequency intelligence too
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:11 PM   #3
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

My friend and I both have Meistershaft GTC he has catback and I have the full system we are both catless , I can tell you there is a night and day difference in sound , Actually to the point they sound like they have different engines, between the 3-1/2 pipe and the velocity box makes a huge difference, it gets rid of that stupid crimped section in the midpipe
The system has valve control if you want it Quiet , Driving around town you can keep it quiet you just hear a loud turbo whistle , but when you get on it people outside need hearing protection , it’s very comfortable to drive not to loud at all in the cabin , believe me when I go to car shows you can’t even hear my car compared to a lot of cars out there , the turbos keep it quiet at idle , I recommend getting cold start delete , it’s brutal without it
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 07:29 AM   #4
Szap12
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10THMTW View Post
Depends how much you want to spend bro, I have rpi trying sell it by the way ! Lol yea for a cat back cant go wrong with gt haus super loud ! I would go with IPE super aggressive or FI frequency intelligence too
thanks for response! im iffy about a straight pipe system i dont really want an annoying drone. im looking to spend around 3-4k. which systems come with the 3.5” pipe that change the sound completely?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 01:54 PM   #5
10THMTW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: White

Gt haus is good enough man its all preference and price I have gt haus downpipes and I love my full system. I don't have drone with mine and my pipes are non resonated
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #6
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szap12 View Post
thanks for response! im iffy about a straight pipe system i dont really want an annoying drone. im looking to spend around 3-4k. which systems come with the 3.5” pipe that change the sound completely?
The straight pipes and velocity box are what makes the huge difference in sound, with cats in this system sound really nice and pretty loud no drone ,with catless its on another level I get a little drone around 1800-2k rpm but its not that bad the car is well insulated it sounds and feels more like a sports car than a luxury car
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #7
Szap12
United_States
Rep

do u have any videos?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 05:56 PM   #8
Szap12
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
The straight pipes and velocity box are what makes the huge difference in sound, with cats in this system sound really nice and pretty loud no drone ,with catless its on another level I get a little drone around 1800-2k rpm but its not that bad the car is well insulated it sounds and feels more like a sports car than a luxury car

check DMs
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:44 PM   #9
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
When you mention the velocity box making a huge difference in sound, is this the section of the exhaust you’re talking about? Any insight as to why this increases the exhaust tone?

The reason I ask is because I currently have an axle back (Megan racing) and will be going catless with VRSF DPs in two weeks, but if for some reason i still have the urge for more sound, i would consider this GT Haus mid section. It would be a bit of a Frankenstein set up, but could make for a nice sound. Plus, this mid section is currently on sale at $1,600 oppose to the normal price of $2k.

OP - don’t mean to take away from ur thread, just hoping to get some quick insight.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 09:03 AM   #10
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

From all my research, I think the Meisterschaft sounds the best, both with and without catless downpipes. I want a rear section badly.
      03-20-2020, 07:02 PM   #11
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
When you mention the velocity box making a huge difference in sound, is this the section of the exhaust you’re talking about? Any insight as to why this increases the exhaust tone?

The reason I ask is because I currently have an axle back (Megan racing) and will be going catless with VRSF DPs in two weeks, but if for some reason i still have the urge for more sound, i would consider this GT Haus mid section. It would be a bit of a Frankenstein set up, but could make for a nice sound. Plus, this mid section is currently on sale at $1,600 oppose to the normal price of $2k.

OP - don’t mean to take away from ur thread, just hoping to get some quick insight.
Sorry I didn't answer sooner but yes thats the velocity box and it comes with the midpipes to the downpipes ,the stock pinch spot is so restricted compared
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 07:36 PM   #12
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry I didn't answer sooner but yes thats the velocity box and it comes with the midpipes to the downpipes ,the stock pinch spot is so restricted compared
No worries...wow I didn’t know it necked down (or pinched) like that near the x-pipe. Although I’m loving the new sound my catless downpipes provide, I feel like there’s a bit more left I can squeeze out of it so I’ll be purchasing that mid section once vivid racing gets them back in stock. Thanks for info
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 07:11 PM   #13
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No worries...wow I didn’t know it necked down (or pinched) like that near the x-pipe. Although I’m loving the new sound my catless downpipes provide, I feel like there’s a bit more left I can squeeze out of it so I’ll be purchasing that mid section once vivid racing gets them back in stock. Thanks for info
You should try directly through Meistershaft ,You can actually negotiate the price with them ,they might hook you up
Appreciate 1
Flo1989342.00
      03-21-2020, 07:45 PM   #14
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep
Drives: M6GC

Quote:
I have stock DP’s with the full Meisterschaft system (non valued) and I get drone at 1,800-2,200 RPM. I would have gone with the valved set-up if I was going castles DP’s but I may have to adapt the valves in as at cruising speed it’s more than I want. The set-up sounds awesome running through the gears otherwise.

I had the Soul Performance “resonated muffler delete” prior and that droned as well. Starting to think all may have some at this point. The GTHAUS team are great t work with, does the valved set-up control the drone if that’s what you have? I would hate to adapt for 20% of the time I drive the car in more traffic or steady hwy pace.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #15
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTAR_007 View Post
I have stock DP’s with the full Meisterschaft system (non valued) and I get drone at 1,800-2,200 RPM. I would have gone with the valved set-up if I was going castles DP’s but I may have to adapt the valves in as at cruising speed it’s more than I want. The set-up sounds awesome running through the gears otherwise.

I had the Soul Performance “resonated muffler delete” prior and that droned as well. Starting to think all may have some at this point. The GTHAUS team are great t work with, does the valved set-up control the drone if that’s what you have? I would hate to adapt for 20% of the time I drive the car in more traffic or steady hwy pace.
I realize your comment wasn’t addressed to me, but do you happen to still have the active sound activated? If so, that could be the cause of your drone issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #16
Szap12
United_States
Rep

with catless and a full exhaust you will always have drone around that rpm! i personally think it sounds good!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #17
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I have the Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust with catless , with the valves closed on the highway the drone is very close to what stock is , but I usually leave them open , If I would go on say a 8hr drive the valves will come in handy it takes a lot of that deep tone out , or when I pull up next to my house when it’s late it’s pretty quiet, the only think I don’t like about the valves is when driving in comfort it has a little buzz in the exhaust at a low rpm , I shift with the paddles 99.9% of the time will remedy this , also to mention if you use your paddle shifters on the highway you can control the pitch of the drone even with the valves open ,you can make it quiet even with the valves open. I can even drive with my wife in the car and she doesn’t complain at all and that’s saying a lot lol
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 12:34 PM   #18
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I realize your comment wasn’t addressed to me, but do you happen to still have the active sound activated? If so, that could be the cause of your drone issue.
Once you have Full exhaust that sound design is non existent , Believe it or not I liked that sound 😂
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 04:14 PM   #19
Szap12
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Once you have Full exhaust that sound design is non existent , Believe it or not I liked that sound 😂
are you saying with the valved system it makes noise in comfort mode when flaps are closed or open?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 04:18 PM   #20
Szap12
United_States
Rep

has anyone tried out only the LXR Midpipe being catless with stock axleback?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #21
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep
Drives: M6GC

Quote:
Yeah, I removed the module from the trunk. I’ve done some pretty loud exhausts on my old Viper and E55AMG. For me the drone is a bit much unless just really on the car...I’m so torn to try the stock midpipe to see but do like the wide open throttle sound as it is. If I go valved I just worry how easy that is to adapt after the fact and more cost for 20% of my driving.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 11:15 PM   #22
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I removed the module from the trunk. I’ve done some pretty loud exhausts on my old Viper and E55AMG. For me the drone is a bit much unless just really on the car...I’m so torn to try the stock midpipe to see but do like the wide open throttle sound as it is. If I go valved I just worry how easy that is to adapt after the fact and more cost for 20% of my driving.
If it makes normal driving less enjoyable, I’d try to find a solution. All in ones preference, though. +1 on the AMG as I had a CLS55 - intoxicating sound & TQ.
Appreciate 0