BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      03-29-2009, 02:56 AM   #89
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Garage List
Yep - great race! You certainly got the crashes you wished for!

The last few laps were breathtaking!

Good to see FIAerrari falter & good to see Vettel & Kubica show they're as pig headed and impulsive as Lewis is claimed to be.

Trulli gets a podium from a pit lane start. Amazing race!

Ironically. if the protests are upheld, then Hamilton may be declared the winner.

Lets hope that doesn't happen!

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 03:22 AM   #90
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
The protest for the diffusers was thrown out yesterday by the Gov. Body by what I read.

Good run for Brawn and toyota. Kubica had the advantage & speed coming into the turn and Vettel got greedy. Both pushed a little too hard but Vettel radioed in to the team box " I am stupid, I am very sorry" after the accident so i guess he realized he screwed up.

Now to wait for the next race. BMW needs to regroup and get their head straight!
      03-29-2009, 03:28 AM   #91
niwad25
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i 325i 530d 335i

i think Brawn GP are just made a new history record in Formula 1, that their team dominate the first & second position on their first grand prix in Formula One. truly amazing
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 03:38 AM   #92
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
The protest for the diffusers was thrown out yesterday by the Gov. Body by what I read.

Good run for Brawn and toyota. Kubica had the advantage & speed coming into the turn and Vettel got greedy. Both pushed a little too hard but Vettel radioed in to the team box " I am stupid, I am very sorry" after the accident so i guess he realized he screwed up.

Now to wait for the next race. BMW needs to regroup and get their head straight!
Kubica deserved the crash for sure...he was flying behind Vettel but got too greedy to pass on a not so good oppotunity instead of waiting for the right moment, considering how much faster he is than Vettel and got 3 laps to go (plenty of time)... if he wasn't so pig headed he could probably even get close to Button and have a chance at winning, since his hard compound tires were big advantage at that time.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 03:41 AM   #93
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
Kubica deserved the crash for sure...he was flying behind Vettel but got too greedy to pass on a not so good oppotunity instead of waiting for the right moment, considering how much faster he is than Vettel and got 3 laps to go (plenty of time)... if he wasn't so pig headed he could probably even get close to Button and have a chance at winning, since his hard compound tires were big advantage at that time.
Yeah, he needs to get his head out of his nose if he wants to win any races
      03-29-2009, 03:47 AM   #94
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFX View Post
Yep - great race! You certainly got the crashes you wished for!

The last few laps were breathtaking!

Good to see FIAerrari falter & good to see Vettel & Kubica show they're as pig headed and impulsive as Lewis is claimed to be.

Trulli gets a podium from a pit lane start. Amazing race!

Ironically. if the protests are upheld, then Hamilton may be declared the winner.

Lets hope that doesn't happen!

I'm gonna Chris Brown the toll booth lady on the way to work if that happens
      03-29-2009, 03:56 AM   #95
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Protest thrown out but protest teams have appealed. International Court of Appeal will now decide on April 14th if the Protests will be upheld or dropped.

Now Williams are requesting that the FIA 'look into' the Ferrari & Red Bull sidepods for possible infringements.

At least the race was good!

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #96
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Mmmmmmm great race!! I haven't seen a shake up in F1 like that EVER!!!!

The new rules work. Those cars were close and able to be right up under each other's rear wing. There was one shot of Massa in friday practice, where he was exiting a turn and he was all sorts of out of shape. But, he was able to regain control and keep it going. No way would he have been able to save that without the amount of mechanical grip the new tires provide. Yay Slicks!!

Huge congrats go out to the entire crew over @ BrawnGP. Holy $hit wow!!! I was hoping for a result like that, but didn't think it was actually possible. For them to have maximized their potential so well in the first race out. Vettel was incredible as well. Looks like The RBR car has some serious speed. Now we'll start seeing the effects of Adrian Newey over there.

As for the next race, now that the circus will be hitting up a much larger, wider track. It will be very interesting to see how the new rules play out there. Opening lap headed into the crazy complex that comprises the 1st 3 turns @ Sepang will be awesome.

I am headed down to San Diego next weekend (BMW CCA AutoX and teen driving school), anyone have ideas of places I can go to watch the race there? If my hotel doesn't have SpeedTV.
      03-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #97
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:

Just like Ferrari need to fix their reliability issue
      03-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #98
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Mmmmmmm great race!! I haven't seen a shake up in F1 like that EVER!!!!

The new rules work. Those cars were close and able to be right up under each other's rear wing. There was one shot of Massa in friday practice, where he was exiting a turn and he was all sorts of out of shape. But, he was able to regain control and keep it going. No way would he have been able to save that without the amount of mechanical grip the new tires provide. Yay Slicks!!

Huge congrats go out to the entire crew over @ BrawnGP. Holy $hit wow!!! I was hoping for a result like that, but didn't think it was actually possible. For them to have maximized their potential so well in the first race out. Vettel was incredible as well. Looks like The RBR car has some serious speed. Now we'll start seeing the effects of Adrian Newey over there.

As for the next race, now that the circus will be hitting up a much larger, wider track. It will be very interesting to see how the new rules play out there. Opening lap headed into the crazy complex that comprises the 1st 3 turns @ Sepang will be awesome.

I am headed down to San Diego next weekend (BMW CCA AutoX and teen driving school), anyone have ideas of places I can go to watch the race there? If my hotel doesn't have SpeedTV.
i thought Barrichello is gonna screw up with a poor start...and see Vettel and Kubica on the podium...but oh well...both got too hot in the corner and crashed out....

the reduced downforce (or turbulence air with 2008's configuration)....allows the car to tug right into each other's rear and overtake.....significantlly much more overtake with reduced downforce plus KERS.....
      03-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #99
AlienDNA
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i LeMans Blue

As a long-time BMW F1 fan (ever since they started supplying engines for Brabham, basically), I was hugely pissed at Kubica's accident. I think he and Vettel were equally at fault, though. Idiots. Maybe they didn't get the memo that the new scoring system doesn't take effect until next year?

I'm fairly stunned that Hamilton ended up where he did, but that was largely the result of some bad luck for Massa and dumb mistakes by some others. He really didn't have a third place drive.

Can people please give the "historic outing for a new team" story a rest? After all, Brawn isn't a new team - it's Honda with a new paint job and slightly different engine. And Honda was really just BAR, and BAR was really just Tyrell, so this team has been around since 1958. It's about damn time they won from the pole.

How on earth did Kazuki Nakajima ever get a ride in F1? I used to think he had pictures of someone in a compromising situation, but after Mosley slid through his Nazi-hooker scandal last year, I knew that couldn't be true. My new theory is that Nakajima is a witch.

And, I know, Piquet is blaming his brakes for his trip to the beach, but is anyone at all surprised?

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #100
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

I must say this is going to be one hell of a season!
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #101
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Kubica
      03-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #102
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

If Newey comes up with a good diffuser and Vettel learns when to be aggressive and when not to be aggressive, Vettel will be a force to be reckoned with.

Hamilton did what a good F1 driver should do; he got himself into position to take advantage of other drivers' mistakes. Good for him.

Shame they didn't show the Trulli/Hamilton incident behind the safety car. Too bad for Jarno, but he shouldn't have spun off.

It's going to be a great season, though. And three races in April!

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #103
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Wow! This is going to be an awesome season! I have always been a fan Button's so I am glad to see him win. Rubens is also a fav of mine, esp after he got screwed by Ferrari back in the day.

I am so glad to see that most of the past "under dogs" are now contenders.

Being a BMW fan I am supremely disappointed at Kubica. He should have been more patient and would have been able to cleanly pass Vettel a few corners later. It was clear Vettel's tires were done. Maybe, Kubica felt he had a chance at Button if he could get by Vettel ASAP.....who knows.

Speaking of Vettel, this kid is awesome. He is going to def be a future cahmp. It would be great to see BMW replace Heidfeld with him at some point. May be a pipe dream but he did test drive for them in the past and was rumored to be a future driver for them before he landed the Toro Rosso gig.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #104
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
kubica out by vettel's sorry ass move made me wanna smash my tv. robert was on his way to overtake vettel easily as the rebull car was running out of tires (you could clearly see him struggle with 4 laps to go ahead of robert), and robert could have very well taken button too, this is so UPSETTING that vettel would do something like that imo. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by EINSER M; 03-29-2009 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #105
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkx5m View Post
kubica out by vettel's sorry ass move made me wanna smash my tv. robert was on his way to overtake vettel easily as the rebull car was running out of tires (you could clearly see him struggle on lap 4 ahead of robert), and robert could have very well taken button too, this is so UPSETTING that vettel would do something like that imo. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #106
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
awesome race.
Could not believe Barichello got second after the dismal start.
Glad to see another team win.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #107
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Vettel has been given a 10 place grid penalty in the next race (Malaysia) for hitting Kubica. I guess he was the one at fault today.
      03-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #108
3er858
First Class Privates
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW F10, CW Mk6, 1299S

That was a great race! I'm glad to see Jenson in a fast car... Hopefully BMW will get their act together and win some races this season. Now's the time while Ferrari and mclaren are sorting things out. IMO, kubica was to blame for the vettal incident... This should turn out to be a great season!

LTMW | Velgen VBM6| V12's | CKS coilovers | wrapped roof | wrapped mirror caps | wrapped door handles | Gloss Black Grills | M5 rear Lip
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #109
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Vettel has been given a 10 place grid penalty in the next race (Malaysia) for hitting Kubica. I guess he was the one at fault today.
I was just about to say the same thing. He also got fine for continuing to drive a disabled car...$50,000.

Kubica was clearly the faster car. Nothing wrong with protecting your lead, but Kubica was already passing Vettel at the moment of impact. It was clearly Vettels fault! That is why he got the penalty he did. Why so many here are blaming Kubica is beyond me?
      03-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #110
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er858 View Post
That was a great race! I'm glad to see Jenson in a fast car... Hopefully BMW will get their act together and win some races this season. Now's the time while Ferrari and mclaren are sorting things out. IMO, kubica was to blame for the vettal incident... This should turn out to be a great season!
I agree. Kubica had time and tried to push the issue. He was barely past Vettel and then cut the corner, leaving nowhere for Vettel to go. Still it was a racing accident and penalizing Vettel is wrong. It isn't like Vettel came screaming up the inside at turn one and couldn't stop. Kubica came around the outside and then cut across Vettel's front. Maybe Vettel should have braked earlier, but that's racing. It cost Vettel one podium already. Taking another out of his reach is going too far.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0