BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      01-13-2019, 06:01 AM   #1
Danny396
Rep
Drives: 640d

New Brakes Needed - 640d F13

Hi,

Need new discs up front so planning on changing discs and pads all round.

Love the look of drilled and grooved discs but not keen on drilled because of cracking.

Is there a good aftermarket set up that works well together, I’ve read that EBC redstuff pads are good with low dust.

Ideally would like grooved discs with decent pads, however don’t want squeaking or loads of dust. Going to paint callipers whilst wheels are also aswell, would love the Brembo callipers but so expensive.

A few names that I keep hearing of in this forum are, EBC, Pagid, Textar, Zimmermann.

Won’t be taking the car to track days.

I just feel if I’m going to buy discs and pads all round to upgrade while I’m doing it however doing want to spend a fortune. I know I want it all for nothing but there must be a decent priced set up around.

Thanks in advance.

Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 08:41 AM   #2
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny396 View Post
Hi,

I have all 4 OEM discs/rotors if you are interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 03:10 PM   #3
Tazzie-///M
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny396 View Post
Hi,

Love the look of drilled and grooved discs but not keen on drilled because of cracking.

Is there a good aftermarket set up that works well together, I’ve read that EBC redstuff pads are good with low dust.

Ideally would like grooved discs with decent pads, however don’t want squeaking or loads of dust. Going to paint callipers whilst wheels are also aswell, would love the Brembo callipers but so expensive.

A few names that I keep hearing of in this forum are, EBC, Pagid, Textar, Zimmermann.

Won’t be taking the car to track days.

I just feel if I’m going to buy discs and pads all round to upgrade while I’m doing it however doing want to spend a fortune. I know I want it all for nothing but there must be a decent priced set up around.

Thanks in advance.

Any recommendations?
Any update on this? What did u buy in the end? I’m needing discs & pads all around soon, was looking on gsf seen brembo discs & pads as I’ve had on my e39 many years ago is there a better set available for a similar price?
Appreciate 0