BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-17-2021, 02:37 AM   #1
Gadget.gpm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 M6 - 87 E30 is

07 M6 - Oil Level frozen at 0.7 for 2k miles

Purchased in October, had a mild leak thru a stripped filter housing drain bolt. The car called for about a quart per oil change 4-5k miles. After fixing the leak i did a little over 2k miles and the oil level didn’t budge, just sat at 0.7. i also put near a half quart in over the time period of the 2k miles and it did not change. I then replaced the oil level sensor, and filled it back up, it said i was at -1.2 so i topped it off and now its back to the annoying 0.7L……. its been over 2k miles again and it hasn’t budged. This car has 147k miles on it, I’m not one to consistently drive it hard, engine seems very healthy. Am i being scary or does it seem unusual for the oil level to stay stagnant for that period of time? I’m coming from an E30 so not being able to physically check my levels is disturbing. Please let me know if there is anything else i can check to make sure the sensor is working properly. I have ista but haven’t found any faults. Thanks
Appreciate 0