BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-05-2023, 08:00 PM   #1
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Restaurant recommendations in South FL

We will be travelling to South Florida tomorrow and staying until Thursday.

We're staying in Boynton Beach...but cool with going down to Broward probably not Miami though.

What are good restaurant recommendations for:

- Italian
- Bagels
- American Food

Not trying to break the bank so nothing high end...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 09:54 PM   #2
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

One of my favorite places is Driftwood in Boynton. Not Italian, but everything I’ve ever had is great, their drinks are really good also. Not cheap, not super pricey either.

Mama Mia in Boynton has decent Italian, not the best, but good and you get a ton of food. There is also another good Italian place in Delray on Atlantic Vic & Angelo’s if you go during happy hour I believe everything is 1/2 off. However IMO the best Italian place is Ill Bellagio in West Palm Beach in City Place. My personal favorite Italian place, best veal parm anywhere.

If you like Greek then Chris Taverna in Boynton is the best. Not fancy, small place, best gyros, great lamb chops.

Anyways a million places to eat around there.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113235.50
      08-05-2023, 10:44 PM   #3
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Some more places that come to mind. All in Boynton.

Copperpoint, brewery if you are into that, they usually have different food trucks.

Bond Street Ale, French bakery, really good pastries and I personally like their breakfast sandwiches.

Pho Vn, good pho if you like that.

Troy’s BBQ, self explanatory

Guarapo’s, decent Cuban food, not Miami level, but pretty good.

Pizza Rox, fancy pizza. Their pizza is really good IMO, but they are the smaller pricier pizzas.

Two Georges & Banana Boat. Both places are decent, not the most amazing food but you go there for the ambiance, both are on the water, both are one next to the other.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2023, 07:32 AM   #4
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Lynora’s on Clematis (West Palm) or Matteo’s in Boca for Italian. Lynora’s has other locations but I have only been to Clematis. You can get entrees at Matteo’s but it is better with a larger group / family style. Also, we haven’t been there in a while but Vespri Siciliani in Boca was pretty good when we went there.

For American, City Cellar in WPB or Big City Tavern on Las Olas. Avalon in Delray was great but on the pricier side and difficult to get prime time reservations or drive to that area. Kaluz in Wellington (original location also in Ft. Lauderdale) is good too.

For Bagels Strathmore Bagels in Wellington used to be good but I haven’t been back in a while after some subpar visits a couple of years ago.
      08-06-2023, 10:42 AM   #5
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

A lot of good suggestions already. I'm gonna suggest Trimonte's on Atlantic Ave for Italian. Duffy's for American burgers ansd crap. It won't break the bank, and they have great wings too. I don't eat bagels, but I've heard Brooklyn Water Bagels are good. And for pizza, Pepe's in Delray is great. I used to eat their pizza when I lived in NY and would drive to New Haven for it.
      08-15-2023, 06:23 AM   #6
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelvinWalker View Post
Don't forget to share pictures