BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-02-2021, 02:58 PM   #1
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra 5MT

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Red face 2013 M6 Coupe; should I buy it?

Hello all!

Former BMW owner here, and after several, I decided to try a Mercedes-Benz. I've had my CLS550 and thoroughly enjoyed it for a year, but I'm ready to get back into a BMW.

I work for a Jaguar Land Rover dealership, and across the street from me is a BMW store. Saw this pop up on their website and strolled thru the lot to sneak some pics after hours. I'll include a link to it on the dealer's website, which also has the Carfax. I really wanted a white car with non-black interior and that seems very hard to find.

What do you guys think? It would be a weekend toy and won't see much miles in the 1-2 years I keep my cars anyways. I'm terrified about early S63 engines and I don't know much about these DCT's so I'd appreciate any advice

Link : https://www.bmwinocala.com/used-Ocal...LX9C51DD159878
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 06:12 PM   #2
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
Hello all!

Former BMW owner here, and after several, I decided to try a Mercedes-Benz. I've had my CLS550 and thoroughly enjoyed it for a year, but I'm ready to get back into a BMW.

I work for a Jaguar Land Rover dealership, and across the street from me is a BMW store. Saw this pop up on their website and strolled thru the lot to sneak some pics after hours. I'll include a link to it on the dealer's website, which also has the Carfax. I really wanted a white car with non-black interior and that seems very hard to find.

What do you guys think? It would be a weekend toy and won't see much miles in the 1-2 years I keep my cars anyways. I'm terrified about early S63 engines and I don't know much about these DCT's so I'd appreciate any advice

Link : https://www.bmwinocala.com/used-Ocala-2013-BMW-M6-Base-WBSLX9C51DD159878
Nice looking for sure - pricing seems a little rich for a 2013?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 06:15 PM   #3
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Quote:
Hello all!

Link : https://www.bmwinocala.com/used-Ocala-2013-BMW-M6-Base-WBSLX9C51DD159878
Seems to book out pretty close to that on KBB with the options selected, they may have a little wiggle room. I'm interested to see if they'll do a brake job because they did look a bit on the low side. I was able to obtain the invoice from a friend that works at another BMW store.
Attached Images

Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 07:11 AM   #4
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
I concur. Price seems a bit high for a 2013. Also... they clearly didn't put a lot of effort into their pictures lol

On a positive note the DCT is fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 10:42 PM   #5
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
I concur. Price seems a bit high for a 2013. Also... they clearly didn't put a lot of effort into their pictures lol

In our defense we haven't taken photos of it yet lol
Those are stock images. When the car is ready I'll do a proper video on it.
Is there anything you want me to focus on OP?
I'll do what I can safely do without putting the ol job at risk lol
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 10:08 AM   #6
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

My thoughts:

Yeah, that's all of retail pricing there. Of course, if you're in the biz OP, you know that the used car market is nutty right now.

M6s depreciate like a rock. Think S-class coupe.

The S63 engines are really quite robust and reliable, as are the DCT. Until they go bad.

The percentage of failures is probably quite low, but from what I've seen, when they go, they go big time and this is really the only time I'd recommend an extended warranty.

Of course, BMWs can be expensive to maintain, and M parts are even pricier. But they are good solid cars, and it's the ancillary crap that more often breaks than important mechanical stuff.

Go drive it, drive it some more and then drive it again, in normal traffic. These are great, powerful, wonderfully handling cars with a brutally stiff ride and they get lousy gas mileage.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven463.00
      08-04-2021, 10:11 AM   #7
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post

In our defense we haven't taken photos of it yet lol
Those are stock images. When the car is ready I'll do a proper video on it.
Is there anything you want me to focus on OP?
I'll do what I can safely do without putting the ol job at risk lol
Nice, didn't expect to find a BMW Ocala employee in here lol, working with Mohammed on it. I work at the JLR store down the road
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #8
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
My thoughts:

Yeah, that's all of retail pricing there. Of course, if you're in the biz OP, you know that the used car market is nutty right now.

M6s depreciate like a rock. Think S-class coupe.

The S63 engines are really quite robust and reliable, as are the DCT. Until they go bad.

The percentage of failures is probably quite low, but from what I've seen, when they go, they go big time and this is really the only time I'd recommend an extended warranty.

Of course, BMWs can be expensive to maintain, and M parts are even pricier. But they are good solid cars, and it's the ancillary crap that more often breaks than important mechanical stuff.

Go drive it, drive it some more and then drive it again, in normal traffic. These are great, powerful, wonderfully handling cars with a brutally stiff ride and they get lousy gas mileage.
Great summary; oddly enough I was thinking of buying an S63 coupe as well lol, but I'd only own either of these for 1.5-2 years max.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #9
Karter_Brazy
Eurosteps
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F06 / MB W212 / BMW F48

Based on the vehicle’s carfax, it looks like it’s been meticulously maintained. Also the break-in 1.2k miles maintenance service has been done as well.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven463.00
      08-04-2021, 01:04 PM   #10
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

Quote:
Nice, didn't expect to find a BMW Ocala employee in here lol, working with Mohammed on it. I work at the JLR store down the road
Yup im not in sales I'm just one of the "geniuses" or as people on here call us BMW dumbasses lol
I'm mainly at Porsche but I like to help on the forums when I can.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven463.00
      08-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #11
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

I bought a SO 2013 M6 from Greater Chicago Motors 3.5 years ago and I've been thrilled with it. A couple of problems, but not catastrophic nor wildly expensive. I replaced the rear diff seals last season and one head gasket this year. Other than that, routine maintenance. I change my oil once per season, and while some car owners who pay $40 for a change think that $130 is horrific, they change their mind when the spend 15 minutes in the passenger seat.

As a former BMW CA, I assure you that price is negotiable, but remember that the sales rep's name isn't on the side of the building, he needs to make a living, too. One thing I'd urge you to do is get a PPI from another source, and yes, a warranty gives peace of mind. If anything goes big bad, it's big money. However, as noted, this motor and the build quality of the car around it, is highly reliable. (knocking wood...)

That said, my M6 has been a boatload of fun, thus heads anytime I pass someone who knows anything about cars, and has been a pleasure to own and drive. I think it may be a future classic.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #12
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

BTW, the ventilated seats were not part of the regular available options for the Coupe in 2013, they were only available in the Cab. So it's something a bit unusual.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 05:34 PM   #13
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
I bought a SO 2013 M6 from Greater Chicago Motors 3.5 years ago and I've been thrilled with it. A couple of problems, but not catastrophic nor wildly expensive. I replaced the rear diff seals last season and one head gasket this year. Other than that, routine maintenance. I change my oil once per season, and while some car owners who pay $40 for a change think that $130 is horrific, they change their mind when the spend 15 minutes in the passenger seat.

As a former BMW CA, I assure you that price is negotiable, but remember that the sales rep's name isn't on the side of the building, he needs to make a living, too. One thing I'd urge you to do is get a PPI from another source, and yes, a warranty gives peace of mind. If anything goes big bad, it's big money. However, as noted, this motor and the build quality of the car around it, is highly reliable. (knocking wood...)

That said, my M6 has been a boatload of fun, thus heads anytime I pass someone who knows anything about cars, and has been a pleasure to own and drive. I think it may be a future classic.
I deff know how sales goes, I'm really not going to argue with the price bc it seems fair compared to what KBB says. I'm a CA for the Jaguar Land Rover dealer across the street, and I'm working with my former coworkers brother, no doubt that he needs to put a few $$$ in his pocket.

I will deff look into getting an extended warranty. I think my dealer could sell me one for around $5k which is less than I expected.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 08:56 PM   #14
Kamate
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
BTW, the ventilated seats were not part of the regular available options for the Coupe in 2013, they were only available in the Cab. So it's something a bit unusual.
Are you sure? Mine is a 13 coupe and it has ventilation seat.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 02:39 PM   #15
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
I have the invoice for this car, and its on there as an option.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 11:30 AM   #16
danielgmanm6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Funny, I just got a 2013 a couple months ago WBSLX9C50DD159760.
Looks like our cars were really close in production which is pretty cool. Where are you located? I'm in NC.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven463.00
      06-15-2022, 11:34 AM   #17
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgmanm6 View Post
Quote:
Funny, I just got a 2013 a couple months ago WBSLX9C50DD159760.
Looks like our cars were really close in production which is pretty cool. Where are you located? I'm in NC.
I'm in Central FL, super close based on the VIN's. I've been head over heels in love with this car. No clue what I could possibly buy in this price range that's more car for the money. Only put about 2200 miles on it in the 9 months so far
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 10:25 AM   #18
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

If the car has been meticulously maintained, the risk of future repairs is of course lower - but not entirely eliminated.

If possible and the selling dealer cooperates, I would order an oil analysis before buying the car.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven463.00