BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #23
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F06 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong24680 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetZF82 View Post
I might try the burble tune spring/summer time. I'm going to more than likely do the downpipes then.

I have heard mixed reviews about the burble tune. It's very popular and I think meisterschaft gtc + downpipes and burble would sound nuts.
I heard the Eisenmann race full exhaust in person and it was incredible I wanted that setup right then and there, I'm sure the GTC sounds similar, for a car that sounds meh in stock form a aftermarket exhaust completely transforms them

I really like the Burble myself but only minimal , I'm not looking for that crazy excessive pops and bangs all the time I think that would get annoying , just some nice crackle after WOT, having something to switch between tunes would be ideal
My buddy who I purchased the e-race system from purchased the meisterschaft GTC after. E-race is more high pitched, while the GTC has more low-down rumble. Surprising how different the systems sound. The electronic valves on the GTC are super nice too. I'm planning on eventually welding in some electronic valves in my e-race down the road.
I went with the valve control. They said it will ship in 5-10 business days from yesterday. Very excited.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #24
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Metallic F06 M6 Gr

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I might try the burble tune spring/summer time. I'm going to more than likely do the downpipes then.

I have heard mixed reviews about the burble tune. It's very popular and I think meisterschaft gtc + downpipes and burble would sound nuts.
I heard the Eisenmann race full exhaust in person and it was incredible I wanted that setup right then and there, I'm sure the GTC sounds similar, for a car that sounds meh in stock form a aftermarket exhaust completely transforms them

I really like the Burble myself but only minimal , I'm not looking for that crazy excessive pops and bangs all the time I think that would get annoying , just some nice crackle after WOT, having something to switch between tunes would be ideal
My buddy who I purchased the e-race system from purchased the meisterschaft GTC after. E-race is more high pitched, while the GTC has more low-down rumble. Surprising how different the systems sound. The electronic valves on the GTC are super nice too. I'm planning on eventually welding in some electronic valves in my e-race down the road.
I went with the valve control. They said it will ship in 5-10 business days from yesterday. Very excited.
Nice how much did you end up paying for it if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 03:32 PM   #25
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DM'd ya
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #26
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DM'd ya
Thanks! Definitely post a sound clip when you get it installed.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #27
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DM'd ya
Thanks! Definitely post a sound clip when you get it installed.
Yup! Before and after vids 😁
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #28
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
That’s interesting I thought the Full erace was deeper, I really never heard them side by side and definitely +1 on the valves .I am considering the GTC exhaust myself have really hear them in person
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #29
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Also what size tips is everybody running or going to get?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #30
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That’s interesting I thought the Full erace was deeper, I really never heard them side by side and definitely +1 on the valves .I am considering the GTC exhaust myself have really hear them in person
Next time I see him I'll do a side by side comparison video
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #31
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Next time I see him I'll do a side by side comparison video
Ok cool!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 01:43 AM   #32
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
Quote:
Ams seems to be popular. Those MSR intakes sound insane but just so so pricey.
yes MSR is not cheap i know, but if your want more turbo sound go for it.
      11-17-2018, 10:32 AM   #33
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS

I had run the supersprint catless and Dinan stage II and Akra evolution for 4 years and other then CEL every so often, they were wonderful and sounded great .... and turbo spool was amazing

There were no issues and I even tracked the car several times a year and ran her on the highway many many family get aways

Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 12:12 PM   #34
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab View Post
I had run the supersprint catless and Dinan stage II and Akra evolution for 4 years and other then CEL every so often, they were wonderful and sounded great .... and turbo spool was amazing

There were no issues and I even tracked the car several times a year and ran her on the highway many many family get aways

Hope that helps
That's nice thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 12:13 PM   #35
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. M6 View Post
Quote:
Ams seems to be popular. Those MSR intakes sound insane but just so so pricey.
yes MSR is not cheap i know, but if your want more turbo sound go for it.
Yeah I decided I'm going to do the MSR intakes also. But I'm going to wait for spring time for that. Video clips sounds insane.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 12:42 AM   #36
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Yeah I decided I'm going to do the MSR intakes also. But I'm going to wait for spring time for that. Video clips sounds insane.
Look into the RK carbon intake as well, no metal pipes and they sell the same blitz style filters, and it's less than the MSR.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #37
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Did anyone ever look or use project gammer intakes? There the same exact style as MSR intakes but there fully made of silicone piping they come in different colors and there much cheaper , check them out on Instagram
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #38
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Did anyone ever look or use project gammer intakes? There the same exact style as MSR intakes but there fully made of silicone piping they come in different colors and there much cheaper , check them out on Instagram
No but I will look into them.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 02:51 PM   #39
BB6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Im running stock intakes with Charcoal delete. I am running Fabworx DP's and couldn't be happier. Very well made and super easy fitment. Keith at Fabworx picks up his phone and he was even on the phone and texting me during installing them for pointers what to remove. Saved me a lot of time. I have now pulled them off and put them back on 3 times. I have it down to an 1.5hrs round trip. They are great.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 05:07 PM   #40
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB6 View Post
Im running stock intakes with Charcoal delete. I am running Fabworx DP's and couldn't be happier. Very well made and super easy fitment. Keith at Fabworx picks up his phone and he was even on the phone and texting me during installing them for pointers what to remove. Saved me a lot of time. I have now pulled them off and put them back on 3 times. I have it down to an 1.5hrs round trip. They are great.
Thanks I have same intake setup for now. That's sweet
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 05:15 AM   #41
DinishK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' F13 M6

Quote:
Is it fairly easy to do downpipe installs yourself?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #42
BB6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinishK View Post
Is it fairly easy to do downpipe installs yourself?
Yes it is pretty easy. I might actually upload a quick video explaining the install if I can find the footage. It really isn't that bad at all. If you are mechanically inclined at all its a piece of cake.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #43
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes it is pretty easy. I might actually upload a quick video explaining the install if I can find the footage. It really isn't that bad at all. If you are mechanically inclined at all its a piece of cake.
Yeah man , A step by step vid would be great 👍.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #44
Slimm2.0
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mberbic View Post
I have my original ones sitting in my garage... I just bought another set.
Did you change your gaskets also? I heard you should swap out the spark plugs as well for new ones..
Appreciate 0