BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #23
KMP259
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M6 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
The gear shifter is easy, when starting knock it to the right to go forwards or to the left and away from you for reverse.

Then never touch it again!

When turning the car off just leave it in whatever position it is in and shut the engine off - pull up the park brake button too. There is no need to shift it into neutral when stopping. If you do it will pop up a warning on the dash but if you press the engine start button again without having a foot on the brake it will shut down
Great advise.....it drove great today....and my wife even thought it was very smooth......until I decided to pass a car......Ohhhhh Boy......what a Smile on my face....... then she asked about the trick brakes.....well I’m not very smooth yet.....good thing she had her seat belt on....or her nose would have been plastered to the windshield.......oh well Thanks for the advise....it is an outstanding car and I feel fortunate to have it....hopefully I’ll get better at driving it....and smoother....again Thanks for all of the advise You guy’s have shared with me....
Appreciate 0