BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #23
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Awesome car

But 830hp from a BMS piggyback, catted downpipes and a Akrapovic exhaust... ????

The most powerful S63TU M5/M6 engines so far has both a ECU flash tune (the so called "press tune") and a external boost controller. Those cars have been dynoed at a maximum of 645whp which translates to a bit over 700hp at the flywheel (approximately 700-730hp).

And on the BMS site the tune for the M6 is stated to have 631WHP.

To end up at 830hp the drivetrain losses would need to be at 24%...
BMS tested m6 with stock parts, and got 631WHP, Akra + AMS dp's give 40-45 whp (as I was told), and Gruppe m intake gives about 12-15 whp... Approximately 691whp = 822hp considering 19% drivetrain loss.

http://bit.ly/1ffR8fA (F10 M5 N63tu twin-turbo-V8-dyno-sheet-MAHA-dyno-shows-573.7-BHP-and-19-drivetrain-loss)

Looking forward to install BMS stage 2 from Terry, apparently it will do another 40whp

Tell you what, I'll wait 1-2 months for my new parts to adapt, then I will dyno test my car, and post my results here

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #24
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim View Post
BMS tested m6 with stock parts, and got 631WHP, Akra + AMS dp's give 40-45 whp (as I was told), and Gruppe m intake gives about 12-15 whp... Approximately 691whp = 822hp considering 19% drivetrain loss.

http://bit.ly/1ffR8fA (F10 M5 N63tu twin-turbo-V8-dyno-sheet-MAHA-dyno-shows-573.7-BHP-and-19-drivetrain-loss)

Looking forward to install BMS stage 2 from Terry, apparently it will do another 40whp

Tell you what, I'll wait 1-2 months for my new parts to adapt, then I will dyno test my car, and post my results here
Normally you can't add each mod on top of the other and guess the rwhp from that. And you certainly can't compare the dyno results from a Dynojet and a MAHA

Looking forward to see your dyno results, but ideally you should have done a before and after dyno run to see how much power you have gained on the same dyno.

But congrats on a really nice car, and I'm sure the tune is really noticeable regardless if it's 750 or 830hp
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #25
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
What worries me about BMS is that its same tune for 650 or 550 or M6...Sounds like they turn up boast and thats it, not made for specific car. That said woul love to continue to hear updates from you on that tune. Who is your contact at BMS? Its a piggy back tune correct? Easy install? Any gaps in power delivery?
No man, I talked a lot to Terry lately, there is a difference between the n63 tune and s63tu tune. They are similar, but not identical. For m5/m6 engines there is a difference in PSI and something else. So if you want to buy one for your car, make sure to ask Terry to program it for S63tu, as it requires a little more boost.
terry@burgertuning.com he replies fast

PS Yes it is a piggy back, my local BMW installed it for me (apparently it was super easy), and there is a huge noticeable difference, especially with all these performance parts
It's actually the same device for both motors , the S63 TU has a different T map sensor than the N63 with a different baseline value . So you have to change the baseline value the piggyback alters or you will run more boost than you intend to . ( the piggyback changes the signal from the sensor to trick the ECU into running approx 2 psi more boost . It does nothing else . The OEM ECU makes changes in timing and fueling to prevent detonation , which after it gets used to things makes more power . This works up to a certain point . To make more than approx 630whp on street gas you need full control of timing and fueling . Terry or anyone else is a good ways from that unfortunately . You're car looks great and great choice of mods . Remember though ,individual gains from mods are not additive , and certainly you can't take other peoples best gains and add then together. With what you've done I would expect 630whp so low 700's crank hp . Still it's a beast congrats !
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #26
KWK
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Hey Karim,

Why the driving gloves for suburban 40km/hr driving? Possibly to keep warm in our cold Ontario winters?

Kidding aside, I have the performance mods u got, except for the BMS tune and that my AMS downpipe is a smelly catless (all performance tunes, HRE shoes, H&R springs and a bunch of cosmetic stuff all from IND of course!).

Are the revs in the video as loud as in real life? My catless downpipe, in addition to any extra HP, sounds WAY more loud/aggressive….wondering if mine is worth the smell and the emissions headache for the sound.

Your HP claims are INSANE - can you back them up, pre and post BMS tune? Wanna know if I should wait for Dinan or an IND recommended tune or just go for BMS, which sounds waaaay too good to be real.

Cheers,

Another Karim that lives in Ontario (downtown Toronto) but without a personalized license plate
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #27
azizf89
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M6 GC

Great job Karim! it looks great! Can you tell me where you got the carbon fiber door handles from please?

Thanks alot
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #28
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKABBA View Post
Hey Karim,

Why the driving gloves for suburban 40km/hr driving? Possibly to keep warm in our cold Ontario winters?

Kidding aside, I have the performance mods u got, except for the BMS tune and that my AMS downpipe is a smelly catless (all performance tunes, HRE shoes, H&R springs and a bunch of cosmetic stuff all from IND of course!).

Are the revs in the video as loud as in real life? My catless downpipe, in addition to any extra HP, sounds WAY more loud/aggressive….wondering if mine is worth the smell and the emissions headache for the sound.

Your HP claims are INSANE - can you back them up, pre and post BMS tune? Wanna know if I should wait for Dinan or an IND recommended tune or just go for BMS, which sounds waaaay too good to be real.

Cheers,

Another Karim that lives in Ontario (downtown Toronto) but without a personalized license plate
Haha man, I wear those gloves because my hands crack easily in winter I wanted something thinner than normal, to be able to reach phone and wallet without taking gloves off

Do you have Akrapovic exhaust as well? It actually sounds incredibly quiet in a video for some reason (maybe my iphone 5s camera didn't do a good job) it is super loud in real life, but not annoyingly loud, the sound is very nice and exotic (lots of head turns of course). I went for catted downpipes to avoid the CEL.

Dinan will take a while... You may still keep your warranty with BMS, it's easy to install and very noticable, best choice in my opinion.

Check out the dyno sheet of this M5, stock parts + ECU

666WHP, I say the numbers would be way higher with Akrapovic exhaust, AMS dps and gruppe m intake.

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #29
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizf89 View Post
Great job Karim! it looks great! Can you tell me where you got the carbon fiber door handles from please?

Thanks alot

Thanks man, I got my door handles vinyl wrapped in carbon fiber, my local BMW dealership did it for me.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #30
KWK
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Yep, got the akra in CF, the gruppe M and cattless AMS performance parts from IND. The AMS was easiest the biggest difference in HP, torque and sound....but darn it, its illegal in Ontario!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #31
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Very nice M6 man.
You should do a dyno session yourself and see what it really puts down.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #32
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
Very nice M6 man.
You should do a dyno session yourself and see what it really puts down.
Waiting for the parts to adapt, weather to get warmer.
I will post 0-100km time, 1/4 time and Dyno hp results then.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #33
turbo8765
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Can't wait to see the trap speed.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #34
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Nice.
Love the color choice also.
Looks soo good
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #35
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
Nice.
Love the color choice also.
Looks soo good
Thanks
I might wrap it in matte white this summer (I pick different colors, but I always come back to white)

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 01:19 AM   #36
SlashM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3 interlagos

May I ask on what is giving u 800 plus? Hp
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #37
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashM3 View Post
Already explained.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #38
SlashM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Already explained.
Have u had the car dynoed or just a guesstimating lol
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #39
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

impressive to say the least

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #40
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Estimating according to results of other people, and official manufacturer's website information. I will dyno my car when it gets warmer. I want to give my new parts some time to adapt.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #41
SlashM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Estimating according to results of other people, and official manufacturer's website information. I will dyno my car when it gets warmer. I want to give my new parts some time to adapt.
Well if it does make 800 that's amazing. Look forward to doing the same.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #42
Tuskir
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Car looks great, but what is the point of making such ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims? This M6 makes around 630-640whp max, nowhere near "800hp".
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #43
MJones3
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

I love your car man, congrats! However I would be a little more careful about your potential hp claims. As others have said it's not as easy as adding all the claimed hp gains from each part together and then get the total amount.

Anyway, if your car has 700 or 800hp doesn't really matter, as long as it goes like a stabbed rad and makes you happy!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #44
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

This Manifold is tempting (should give 40whp as far as I know).
http://ind-distribution.com/ind/cate...sport-manifold

Also, can't wait for this
http://ind-distribution.com/ind/cate...bo-upgrade-kit

Appreciate 0