BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
simmo3187
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 330D
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Talking Lowered F13 640d's PIC REQUEST

Recently lowered my 640d on ST suspension made by KW

it's still got time to settle but unsure on the drop at the moment as I expected more

They are 30mm front and 20mm rear (obviously less drop on m sport suspension)

Can I see some of your pics and what springs you're on?

Maybe I should have got H&R but they seem to offer even less of a drop?

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
139
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 640i GC, X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

H&R is probably the same drop as yours so I wouldn't waste your money and do it over, plus your springs will settle another few mm's. I'm on H&R's and may go to coilovers for a little more drop.



Appreciate 1
      05-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
simmo3187
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 330D
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Thanks mate
Lovely looking GC

can't wait for my new wheels to come
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
simmo3187
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 330D
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
H&R is probably the same drop as yours so I wouldn't waste your money and do it over, plus your springs will settle another few mm's. I'm on H&R's and may go to coilovers for a little more drop.



What wheels are they mate?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
139
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 640i GC, X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

They're Avant Garde M580.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #6
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
27
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2014 Black 650i xDrive Vert
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
They're Avant Garde M580.
I may have asked you before but what, if anything, have you done with your taillights? They look more aggressive than mine...darker.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 12:30 PM   #7
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
139
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 640i GC, X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGOGRN View Post
I may have asked you before but what, if anything, have you done with your taillights? They look more aggressive than mine...darker.
Hey buddy,
I bought the gunsmoke lamin-x tail light film.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #8
Dodge_Gowans
Enlisted Member
9
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 640d
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: North East, UK

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone know what lowering springs are compatible with the GC, can't seem to find them listed?

Also what is lower H&R or Eibach?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 04:05 PM   #9
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
139
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 640i GC, X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Gowans View Post
Does anyone know what lowering springs are compatible with the GC, can't seem to find them listed?

Also what is lower H&R or Eibach?
H&R # 28947-1 for non xdrive GC's. It's the same springs used for F10's. H&R's will be a bit lower than Eibach's but not much.
Megan has springs (MR-LS-BF06) as well and are about $100 less than H&R's, here in the U.S. The drop is identical between the Megans and H&R's.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #10
Dodge_Gowans
Enlisted Member
9
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 640d
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: North East, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
H&R # 28947-1 for non xdrive GC's. It's the same springs used for F10's. H&R's will be a bit lower than Eibach's but not much.
Megan has springs (MR-LS-BF06) as well and are about $100 less than H&R's, here in the U.S. The drop is identical between the Megans and H&R's.
Thanks ndinh, I wasn't sure which on s to order.
Also, do you know if they are compatible with adaptive suspension?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #11
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
139
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 640i GC, X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Gowans View Post
Thanks ndinh, I wasn't sure which on s to order.
Also, do you know if they are compatible with adaptive suspension?

Cheers
Yes, they are. I believe most of us here in the states have that feature on our Msport models.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 02:34 AM   #12
simmo3187
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 330D
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

I'm still not 100% happy on this one!

What are the lowest springs we can get for them??

Still confused why the H&R look much more aggressive but advertise a lesser drop
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 12:26 PM   #13
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
139
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 640i GC, X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmo3187 View Post
I'm still not 100% happy on this one!

What are the lowest springs we can get for them??

Still confused why the H&R look much more aggressive but advertise a lesser drop
The information on their website is a little confusing:
1. For F13 640= 28947-4 (front 0.7", rear 0.5")
2. For F12 640= 28947-4 (front 0.75", rear 0.75")
3. For F06 640= 28947-1 (front 1.2", rear 0.4")

H&R (or Megan) will be the lowest drop available for our cars (6 series), which isn't as aggressive as seen on F10's. If you want to go lower and not compromise on ride quality, look into coilovers. I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of KW's for my gran coupe. If you just want to fill the wheel well a little more, maybe pick up some 21's or 22's.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #14
JakeBMW
Private
JakeBMW's Avatar
10
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i Xdrive GC -Carbon Bk
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
H&R is probably the same drop as yours so I wouldn't waste your money and do it over, plus your springs will settle another few mm's. I'm on H&R's and may go to coilovers for a little more drop.




LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much of a drop is it and how much does it cost if you don't mind me asking?
__________________

Last edited by JakeBMW; 06-22-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #15
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
139
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 640i GC, X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeBMW View Post
LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much of a drop is it and how much does it cost if you don't mind me asking?
Hi,
I'd say it's about 1" front and a little over 1/2" in the rear. The rear definitely has a larger gap which is why I'm thinking coilovers but since our cars all have EDC, an EDC delete module is required. Springs were around $300 and install varies obviously. I paid $300 for the install and another $80 for alignment. Ride quality is a little worst than stock but not unbearable.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #16
JakeBMW
Private
JakeBMW's Avatar
10
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i Xdrive GC -Carbon Bk
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
Hi,
I'd say it's about 1" front and a little over 1/2" in the rear. The rear definitely has a larger gap which is why I'm thinking coilovers but since our cars all have EDC, an EDC delete module is required. Springs were around $300 and install varies obviously. I paid $300 for the install and another $80 for alignment. Ride quality is a little worst than stock but not unbearable.
Looks great. Thanks for the info!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 03:58 AM   #17
simmo3187
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 330D
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Anyone got an F13 640d on H&R's so I could have a look at photos?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 04:00 AM   #18
simmo3187
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 330D
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
The information on their website is a little confusing:
1. For F13 640= 28947-4 (front 0.7", rear 0.5")
2. For F12 640= 28947-4 (front 0.75", rear 0.75")
3. For F06 640= 28947-1 (front 1.2", rear 0.4")

H&R (or Megan) will be the lowest drop available for our cars (6 series), which isn't as aggressive as seen on F10's. If you want to go lower and not compromise on ride quality, look into coilovers. I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of KW's for my gran coupe. If you just want to fill the wheel well a little more, maybe pick up some 21's or 22's.
Thanks mate
I've just bought new wheels

I just think that H&R give that more aggressive look

How do you think mine looks here?



Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 06:55 PM   #19
PixelVogue
Private First Class
United Kingdom
3
Rep
159
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Mate get coilovers, none of those springs will give you a nice drop specially since you have gone bigger alloys, makes it look back to stock again. Yours 19s would of been ok after the springs had settled

Eibach Pros give 25/20mm drop

This looks spot on but are 21s

http://www.6post.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=169



M6 on 20" and H&Rs looks just spot on, although helped by being lower from factory in the first place lol


Last edited by PixelVogue; 06-26-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #20
simmo3187
New Member
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 330D
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelVogue View Post
Mate get coilovers, none of those springs will give you a nice drop specially since you have gone bigger alloys, makes it look back to stock again. Yours 19s would of been ok after the springs had settled

Eibach Pros give 25/20mm drop

This looks spot on but are 21s

http://www.6post.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=169



M6 on 20" and H&Rs looks just spot on, although helped by being lower from factory in the first place lol

Can't justify having a 3k adaptive suspension set up to get EDC delete and run coilovers lol
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST