BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #23
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I was in Tucson for a work course about 14 years ago and I liked it. Great hiking trails to enjoy nature and nice dry heat. I don't remember much about the city itself just the nature and blue berry pie at some ski resort which it was famous for; it was delicious. I don't remember the ppl being dumb or anything.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #24
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheng77 View Post
I was in Tucson for a work course about 14 years ago and I liked it. Great hiking trails to enjoy nature and nice dry heat. I don't remember much about the city itself just the nature and blue berry pie at some ski resort which it was famous for; it was delicious. I don't remember the ppl being dumb or anything.
Anything outdoors here is amazing...so many hiking/biking trails but as far as the city itself its a drag. Not much "entertainment" ill call it especially when I spent the first 30 years of my life in Chicago. But you are right the surrounding nature is beautiful.

The people here have always been nice and pleasant but it seems that a lot of the demographic is retirees and for a younger couple like my wife and I it leaves a lot to be desired.

What youre talking about is the lodge on top of Mt. Lemmon....they do have some killer pie.
      08-05-2020, 11:00 AM   #25
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Quote:
Anything outdoors here is amazing...so many hiking/biking trails but as far as the city itself its a drag. Not much "entertainment" ill call it especially when I spent the first 30 years of my life in Chicago. But you are right the surrounding nature is beautiful.

The people here have always been nice and pleasant but it seems that a lot of the demographic is retirees and for a younger couple like my wife and I it leaves a lot to be desired.

What youre talking about is the lodge on top of Mt. Lemmon....they do have some killer pie.
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it was mt Lemmon! I remember it was a nice drive, it was pretty empty but open for selling pie and maybe the trails.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:33 AM   #26
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes it was mt Lemmon! I remember it was a nice drive, it was pretty empty but open for selling pie and maybe the trails.
The drive is awesome! Loved ripping up and down it on my motorcycle. Unfortunately its been closed for a while tho due a recent massive fire that consumed it. Hoping to make it up one last time before I head out. Wouldnt mind owning a little cabin up there to escape to every once in awhile.
      08-05-2020, 12:54 PM   #27
Sergos
Just a man
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2016

Chicago great city, I like, some my relatives live there, and they tell me to move there,
Get my congratulations and good luck with your job
      08-05-2020, 05:08 PM   #28
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
The drive is awesome! Loved ripping up and down it on my motorcycle. Unfortunately its been closed for a while tho due a recent massive fire that consumed it. Hoping to make it up one last time before I head out. Wouldnt mind owning a little cabin up there to escape to every once in awhile.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I remember it was cooler up there and refreshing.

I think for ppl like me that live surrounded by trees, the desert is just so different and such a unique experience. It's just hot as hell in the summer and I don't think it has the opportunities of other cities. But winters and snow are a drag I'm the first to admit.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #29
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I remember it was cooler up there and refreshing.

I think for ppl like me that live surrounded by trees, the desert is just so different and such a unique experience. It's just hot as hell in the summer and I don't think it has the opportunities of other cities. But winters and snow are a drag I'm the first to admit.
Definitely lacking in opportunities. Especially in the engineer sector. You have Raytheon but they pretty much only hire fresh ASU/UoA graduates. But opportunities do not compare to a major metropolis.

And yes, I'm originally from Chicago/Midwest and I miss lakes and green haha. I love the mountains here but everything's just brown and rock.
      08-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #30
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
And yes, I'm originally from Chicago/Midwest and I miss lakes and green haha. I love the mountains here but everything's just brown and rock.
I'm originally from the midwest too...metro Detroit. I'm near LA now and while it has its perks, part of me misses the simplicity and charm of the midwest. The 4 seasons, especially the autumn, keep life fresh and being close to Chicago/Toronto are big perks. I miss being able to take a stroll in Manhattan by 11am after a short morning flight.

Unfortunately I'm one of those people who can't put up with prolonged periods of overcast weather; and having lived half my life in Detroit and half in Seattle I got fed up with it and needed a change.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #31
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
I'm originally from the midwest too...metro Detroit. I'm near LA now and while it has its perks, part of me misses the simplicity and charm of the midwest. The 4 seasons, especially the autumn, keep life fresh and being close to Chicago/Toronto are big perks. I miss being able to take a stroll in Manhattan by 11am after a short morning flight.

Unfortunately I'm one of those people who can't put up with prolonged periods of overcast weather; and having lived half my life in Detroit and half in Seattle I got fed up with it and needed a change.
Quote:
Quote:

Ya Joe rogan recently said that too much sunshine makes ppl soft, he wants more rain and is moving to Texas.

I love Summer, so many things to do but I kinda like fall too and visiting farms and doing pumpkin stuff. I think snow sucks even though I like skiing it's not enough to make me like it but you appreciate summer so much more
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #32
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Ya Joe rogan recently said that too much sunshine makes ppl soft, he wants more rain and is moving to Texas.

I love Summer, so many things to do but I kinda like fall too and visiting farms and doing pumpkin stuff. I think snow sucks even though I like skiing it's not enough to make me like it but you appreciate summer so much more
Lol pretty sure Joe is moving to avoid taxes after that big contract. But yeah he has alluded to how overcrowded and crazy LA is. There really is nothing like LA.

I love the autumn months too. People on the west coast don't know the joy of going to cider mills, hay rides, having the leaves change color, football "weather," etc. The seasons kind of keep life fresh in a way.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #33
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol pretty sure Joe is moving to avoid taxes after that big contract. But yeah he has alluded to how overcrowded and crazy LA is. There really is nothing like LA.

I love the autumn months too. People on the west coast don't know the joy of going to cider mills, hay rides, having the leaves change color, football "weather," etc. The seasons kind of keep life fresh in a way.
Fall/Autumn is the best. My wife and I were just talking about the apple cider donuts, bonfires, and hoodie weather! I definitely miss the change of seasons.

Out here there are no season just cool and hot haha. Scenery doesnt change much until you get up in the mountains. But not many engineering opportunities on mountainsides haha.