BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-11-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
Talaldinho
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Service History Help

I hope you guys can help me with this issue:

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2014 M6 that is out of the warranty.
My local BMW dealer is refusing to give me any info about the history service, nor state anything to me.

Can you please direct on how can I obtain this info before purchasing, and do you think this is a good deal ?

2014 M6 GC - Competition Package + Ceramic breaks
$55,000 CAD
88,000 KM

VIN # : WBS6C9C50ED467456
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
Talaldinho
Private
Rep

pictures

here are the pictures
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Where are you purchasing? The BMW dealer? Why wouldnt they offer that info to you?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 07:39 AM   #4
Talaldinho
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Where are you purchasing? The BMW dealer? Why wouldnt they offer that info to you?
I purchasing it privately - but when i called BMW dealership they won't release any info.

I am not purchasing it from a dealership nor a BMW dealership

on different note, do you think this sound like a good deal ?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 08:48 AM   #5
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talaldinho View Post
Quote:
I purchasing it privately - but when i called BMW dealership they won't release any info.

I am not purchasing it from a dealership nor a BMW dealership

on different note, do you think this sound like a good deal ?
So in US its 54k miles for 40k or so. The deal isnt great, to me. I purchased a 2014 in feb of 2019 at 46,000 with 25k miles, private owner. I think its overpriced and if no one will share the records, I would move on quickly.

With no warranty, you could have some serious bills or issues right around the corner...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 09:01 AM   #6
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
So in US its 54k miles for 40k or so. The deal isnt great, to me. I purchased a 2014 in feb of 2019 at 46,000 with 25k miles, private owner. I think its overpriced and if no one will share the records, I would move on quickly.

With no warranty, you could have some serious bills or issues right around the corner...
But let's remember it's comp. package + ceramic brakes.. this could move the price up, but maybe not by much.
Can you purchase a CarFax report? There are also companies that evaluate the structure elements/frame, though I'm not sure how much they would charge.

Also, insist on taking it to your BMW dealer of choice or private mechanic you trust for a full on inspection as of now.
Even if accidents happened, it's possible they were professionally repaired and everything is in perfect working order, but you won't know until you know..

Then decide if it's the best deal you'll ever find or if it's worth holding off for something else.
Don't let "the dream" make the decision here. Be conscious of your budget now and future (if anything is "hidden").

Good luck!
- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 10:09 AM   #7
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTHIR13ENxx View Post
Quote:

But let's remember it's comp. package + ceramic brakes.. this could move the price up, but maybe not by much.
Can you purchase a CarFax report? There are also companies that evaluate the structure elements/frame, though I'm not sure how much they would charge.

Also, insist on taking it to your BMW dealer of choice or private mechanic you trust for a full on inspection as of now.
Even if accidents happened, it's possible they were professionally repaired and everything is in perfect working order, but you won't know until you know..

Then decide if it's the best deal you'll ever find or if it's worth holding off for something else.
Don't let "the dream" make the decision here. Be conscious of your budget now and future (if anything is "hidden").

Good luck!
- Leo.
Makes sense Leo. Mine did include a comp pack FWIW. Oddly my car is from CA and my local BMW was happy to plug in the vin - don't know why someone else wouldnt.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #8
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

you can not get the service history because it has personal information on it, ask them to omit the personal information on the service receipts. the owner of the vehicle also has to agree to share them. I had to do the same when i bought my 13 out in Irvine California. They will not distribute the info with the name and address of the owner, but they can print it out, cut off the section of personal data, and hand you the car history.
      10-19-2021, 09:02 AM   #9
OLIVERSTAN
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

https://check-car.eu/

I checked a car before I went to see it, full bmw service history record directly from a dealership. He helped me.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 09:04 AM   #10
OLIVERSTAN
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Good luck
Appreciate 0