BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-28-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
iamvanja
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i GC white on red

Increased steering effort required

Got greeted with this message today... i was stopped at the traffic light when it showed up and shortly after parked. When i was parking i've noticed the "skipping" feel at one point of turning. Can't recall i hit anything or anything out of the ordinary.
Started the car about an hour later, drove it for about 15 minutes and no error...

I am on the lookout now though. Anybody had this happened to them?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #2
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvanja View Post
Got greeted with this message today... i was stopped at the traffic light when it showed up and shortly after parked. When i was parking i've noticed the "skipping" feel at one point of turning. Can't recall i hit anything or anything out of the ordinary.
Started the car about an hour later, drove it for about 15 minutes and no error...

Any luck with this OP?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
iamvanja
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i GC white on red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyMan'sBMW View Post
Quote:

Any luck with this OP?
It went away. Had it checked out, they couldn't find anything. Coincidentally, replaced the battery soon after this popped up so maybe it's the battery...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 11:56 AM   #4
AZ_Bmw_550
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 650i GC

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
I had this issue too persistently and a battery replacement fixed it. It also fixed some other intermittent issues I had with the backup camera and comfort access.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 12:08 AM   #5
dagoo98
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe

Quote:

I would have them take a look at the power steering fluid and see if it's low......
Appreciate 0