12-06-2019, 12:35 AM   #23
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7 View Post
I apologize for not updating everyone as final exams and work got in the way. I got my car back a few weeks ago, and the SA informed me that they performed multiple flushes and the system is clear of any traces of coolant. I did later question if the introduction of coolant would have any long term effects and I was assured that it wouldn't. I do have records of everything including the dealership stating that one of their employees did add coolant into the power steering reservoir, so if there are any issues in the future I should be covered.

They also found one of the sources of my coolant leak. It turned out to be a radiator hose that they replaced. The car still leaks coolant but nearly not as much; I plan to take the car back in after my exams are over.
Yes I too was wondering what the outcome was of this colossal dealership cockup....
good to see you got them to rectify it as they bloody well should....however your cooling system still has leaks! Wtf? I would leave the car with them till it’s absolutely leak free and they accept liability for it and fix it properly.

Anyway hope all goes ok and please keep us informed, it’s very interesting for us.

Good luck in the exams too

Cheers
JBF
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 02:50 PM   #24
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Thanks for the update...good luck with your exams and trying to come to a final resolution of your coolant leak.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0