BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #1
iamvanja
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i GC white on red

I've seen couple guys from this area on the forum so was hoping somebody can recommend a good, trusted body shop?

Squeezed the bumper against a curb tonight....

Hoping this can be fixed without replacing the entire bumper.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 08:38 AM   #2
Opie55
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Yes, it can be fixed easily. Although cracked, that sort of crack is stable enough (it won't flex) I'd probably just fill it, but a body shop might put some patch behind. But they will need to a paint - or at least clear - the whole bumper. So they have to remove it and then remove everything on it. So if your thought is that it will be inexpensive because it is small, it won't be that cheap - not if done right. Could easily be $1,000. And a caution you might give your shop - that long center, lower black grill snaps on to several small tabs that are part of the bumper. There are several top and bottom and one on each end. Man is it hard to get that off without snapping off one of the end tabs.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2019, 12:50 AM   #3
JBF650
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

I've just had my front bumper refinished/resprayed by BMW approved shop here in Sydney. Mine had some similar 'curbing and rudimentary touch ups done by the previous owner that I couldn't stand looking at any longer. You are absolutely spot on, the panel shop need to removed the bumper, ensure they do this so as to not overspray anyway else on the car. and yes my quote was initially 1300 but I offered 1000 cash and they were happy with that. took a few days. looks brand new! delighted with it. I know I'm in Sydney so doesn't help you directly but budget on the 1000 mark.
Appreciate 0