BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2019, 09:54 PM   #1
av.7447
Private
Canada
15
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: E39, E60 M5, F06 M6, F15, F90
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Getting rid of my M6 over the new M5

Hey, for anyone thatís interested in an awesome M6 I decided to trade it in for a new M5 as I can use the all wheel drive and extra space that it comes with. Doing the euro delivery on the M5 in February! This is not a for sale ad as I already traded this car in. I am very sad to see the M6 go so if anyone from this forum decides to buy it I will be more than happy to keep in touch!

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/m/wo...L0L1L0&sprx=50 - not sure who took those pictures but they are awful in my opinion

I babied this car from the beginning and did the break in procedure exactly according to the manual. The 2000km service was done exactly at 2000km. It burns 0 oil and runs like a dream. Also did the full ceramic coating and partial xpel front end wrap. Let me know if you have any questions!
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #2
SoCalM6GC
Lieutenant
133
Rep
465
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by av.7447 View Post
Hey, for anyone thatís interested in an awesome M6 I decided to trade it in for a new M5 as I can use the all wheel drive and extra space that it comes with. Doing the euro delivery on the M5 in February! This is not a for sale ad as I already traded this car in. I am very sad to see the M6 go so if anyone from this forum decides to buy it I will be more than happy to keep in touch!

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/m/wo...L0L1L0&sprx=50 - not sure who took those pictures but they are awful in my opinion

I babied this car from the beginning and did the break in procedure exactly according to the manual. The 2000km service was done exactly at 2000km. It burns 0 oil and runs like a dream. Also did the full ceramic coating and partial xpel front end wrap. Let me know if you have any questions!
Congrats on the new M5! I think I will be doing the same with my GC in the next 6 months or so
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
K7
Private
Canada
24
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

I opened the link..and my eyes widened.
Such an amazing spec.
I'm curious to see what your new M5 spec is.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #4
F06WINS
First Lieutenant
F06WINS's Avatar
Italy
98
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: F06 LCI & F32
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Great choice and jealous jealous jealous as I wish I could afford such a move. The M5 has got an amazing engine with or without comp. package - for me alone the option to set the car in AWD mode upon request makes it a top candidate if the cash allows it.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #5
Havy
V8 addicted
Havy's Avatar
Germany
191
Rep
537
Posts

Drives: M6 Gran Coupť
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Hmmm, should I congratulate or express my sympathy. Although the M5 is probably the better car .....the M6 got the better look. Donít get me wrong I am very happy for you you know what we want when you get your M5
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #6
SoCalM6GC
Lieutenant
133
Rep
465
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Hmmm, should I congratulate or express my sympathy. Although the M5 is probably the better car .....the M6 got the better look. Donít get me wrong I am very happy for you you know what we want when you get your M5
Yeah but as soon as the M8 comes out, the 6 series becomes and older looking car. Just the unfortunate byproduct of a new body release and retirement of the series. You'll have to compare the 5 series to the 8 series going apples to apples, the 6 series is dead and buried
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #7
av.7447
Private
Canada
15
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: E39, E60 M5, F06 M6, F15, F90
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Yea, it was very hard to let her go but I think I wanted the M5 all along and got side tracked by the huge discounts and killer looks of the M6! I was very disappointed when I figured the M5 is impossible to order with Sakihr Orange or any kind of red interior. My spec on the M5 ended up being pretty simple... itís black sapphire on aragon brown full merino and the only options that I got is full leather, sport exhaust, black 20Ē rims and advanced drivers assistance package. I decided I donít want to spend 6500 on the premium package with all the extra useless weight of massage seats, power trunk and side curtains... I think that will make my m5 the only one without this package in Canada 😅. I also considered Tartuffo but couldnít find one to see in real life. I will try to post pictures when I get it but I still didnít figure out how to do that here 🧐
Appreciate 1
K724.00

      01-21-2019, 10:26 PM   #8
brad850csi
Major
372
Rep
1,291
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
Yeah but as soon as the M8 comes out, the 6 series becomes and older looking car. Just the unfortunate byproduct of a new body release and retirement of the series. You'll have to compare the 5 series to the 8 series going apples to apples, the 6 series is dead and buried
Other way around, I'll have the last and best M6 sold in NZ ever (actually the only Comp Pack ever sold here)
__________________
SCOTT26 "So as an admirer of the M5 and a potential customer of an M5 Touring. I would run naked around the streets of Garching if they were to offer one."
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 02:40 AM   #9
F06WINS
First Lieutenant
F06WINS's Avatar
Italy
98
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: F06 LCI & F32
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
Yeah but as soon as the M8 comes out, the 6 series becomes and older looking car. Just the unfortunate byproduct of a new body release and retirement of the series. You'll have to compare the 5 series to the 8 series going apples to apples, the 6 series is dead and buried
I get what you are saying but with all due respect I do not think (even next to an 8 series) the 6 Grand Coupe looks as old or as buried as you are stating here. I like the 8 series and I sat in one (unfortunately no driving) 3 weeks ago and it is impressive you get a great feeling already when sitting in there. However the 6 Grand Coupe is still a car most people will look and stare at when you pass by and its design both interior and exterior is not so dated for a 2011 conceived model.
Between a 5 series and an 8 series I'll take the 8 unless I can afford the M5 comp and I'm curious to see how the two compare when the M8 is launched.
Appreciate 1
Havy190.50

      01-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #10
Taheemr
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
127
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mids

iTrader: (0)

100% the M6GC is a better looking car than the G30M5, however I had a new M5 loaner a few weeks back, i was blown away at just the game has moved on over the M6, interms of driving dynamics refinement, tech etc, etc


Having said that the 6 is now a 6yr old design, its dating well none the less. Personally I am highly tempted by the G30 / perfect compromise would be the ZF8 and AWD in the current M6 GC
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 11:29 AM   #11
brad850csi
Major
372
Rep
1,291
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
100% the M6GC is a better looking car than the G30M5, however I had a new M5 loaner a few weeks back, i was blown away at just the game has moved on over the M6, interms of driving dynamics refinement, tech etc, etc


Having said that the 6 is now a 6yr old design, its dating well none the less. Personally I am highly tempted by the G30 / perfect compromise would be the ZF8 and AWD in the current M6 GC
March 2011 is when the F13 came out - pretty much 8 years ago!
__________________
SCOTT26 "So as an admirer of the M5 and a potential customer of an M5 Touring. I would run naked around the streets of Garching if they were to offer one."
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 12:37 PM   #12
SoCalM6GC
Lieutenant
133
Rep
465
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
Other way around, I'll have the last and best M6 sold in NZ ever (actually the only Comp Pack ever sold here)
I don't disagree, but the fact is that once a production car is retired it just starts to look older and older as new models come out from the brand. Just the nature of the game which is why I do not buy, unless it holds value like a Porsche or a used Hurican, 458, 488, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #13
Havy
V8 addicted
Havy's Avatar
Germany
191
Rep
537
Posts

Drives: M6 Gran Coupť
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
Yeah but as soon as the M8 comes out, the 6 series becomes and older looking car. Just the unfortunate byproduct of a new body release and retirement of the series. You'll have to compare the 5 series to the 8 series going apples to apples, the 6 series is dead and buried
Sorry, but I disagree with you. I think there are just a few cars in history they are going to make it to a ďoutstanding carĒ i.e the BMW e39. Although it is build in 1995 - 2004 it is still a very sleek car and fit well in todayís traffic. The 6 series is also such an outstanding car. Not the e63/e64 but the F series. The 8 series look beautiful no doubt but it will be just a car. I can imagine that the 6er
could be an investment status.
Appreciate 1
F06WINS98.00

      01-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #14
OTJeebus
Enlisted Member
OTJeebus's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: 991.2 GT3 m6GC
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

When the lease ended on my last M6gc I drove the new m5, amongst many others. I bought another M6gc. Iíll wait till th m8gc is out.

Last edited by OTJeebus; 01-22-2019 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 06:13 PM   #15
Gsavarese
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: AW m235i
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Nj

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Congrats on the m5. I have to say Iím getting tired of the wheel spin on my m6gc. Awd really makes all the difference
Appreciate 1
SoCalM6GC133.00

      01-22-2019, 06:24 PM   #16
SoCalM6GC
Lieutenant
133
Rep
465
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Sorry, but I disagree with you. I think there are just a few cars in history they are going to make it to a ďoutstanding carĒ i.e the BMW e39. Although it is build in 1995 - 2004 it is still a very sleek car and fit well in todayís traffic. The 6 series is also such an outstanding car. Not the e63/e64 but the F series. The 8 series look beautiful no doubt but it will be just a car. I can imagine that the 6er
could be an investment status.
I would bet the farm against you. The F chassis 6 series is not going to be an iconic car. I have and love my M6GC but I know what it is. The I8 has a better chance of becoming iconic simply for the introduction of the technology by BMW. The E30 M3 for instance is iconic, the E24 6 series is not.
Appreciate 1
Havy190.50

      01-23-2019, 02:40 AM   #17
Havy
V8 addicted
Havy's Avatar
Germany
191
Rep
537
Posts

Drives: M6 Gran Coupť
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Lets hope that we are all long enough here to find out.

Thank you for your Farm.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 03:13 AM   #18
F06WINS
First Lieutenant
F06WINS's Avatar
Italy
98
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: F06 LCI & F32
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsavarese View Post
Congrats on the m5. I have to say Iím getting tired of the wheel spin on my m6gc. Awd really makes all the difference
Indeed that is a good point and that is why, based on where I live (cold cold and icy CH) I got myself a 650i Xdrive and the 1st choice (if I had been able to afford it....) would have been an Alpina B6.

BUT on the contrary people driving the traditional (NON-AWD) M-Cars love them exactly because of that - because they "spin" and because it takes some skllls to drive them in certain conditions when pressing hard on that pedal. Thus a lot of M-car owners prefer the wheels "spinning" to an AWD car such as the new M5 where the AWD and the electronics do a big part of the job for you. I know a never-ending debate could originate from this but ultimately it depends what you do with the car as well as in what climate and weather conditions you mostly drive it. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 1
Havy190.50

      01-23-2019, 03:33 AM   #19
F06WINS
First Lieutenant
F06WINS's Avatar
Italy
98
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: F06 LCI & F32
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
I would bet the farm against you. The F chassis 6 series is not going to be an iconic car. I have and love my M6GC but I know what it is. The I8 has a better chance of becoming iconic simply for the introduction of the technology by BMW. The E30 M3 for instance is iconic, the E24 6 series is not.
I guess it will take quite some years to find that out but I love the fact that the F06/F12/F13 models are still cars people drool over (at least in my experience). Of course I have to be the 1st one to love the car which I in fact do.

Wouldn't you love an M635CSI (E24) in your garage/collection? I for sure would.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 02:34 PM   #20
SoCalM6GC
Lieutenant
133
Rep
465
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F06WINS View Post
I guess it will take quite some years to find that out but I love the fact that the F06/F12/F13 models are still cars people drool over (at least in my experience). Of course I have to be the 1st one to love the car which I in fact do.

Wouldn't you love an M635CSI (E24) in your garage/collection? I for sure would.
I would, but I would love an E30 M3 in there better because they go for over $100k pristine now, and the E24 might pull in $40k in the same condition. That market value represents which one is iconic and down the road in 40 years the I8 may fall into that category but the F chassis 6 series will not, it's just another BMW model in the end that didn't change anything about performance or technology and that's why there will be no "iconic" label on them down the road. A car needs to break the current mold for that status based on other historical cars like the E30 was just example but that baby changed the face of performance and handling for its time, so did the Toyota Supra, Porsche 911, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 02:36 PM   #21
SoCalM6GC
Lieutenant
133
Rep
465
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F06WINS View Post
Indeed that is a good point and that is why, based on where I live (cold cold and icy CH) I got myself a 650i Xdrive and the 1st choice (if I had been able to afford it....) would have been an Alpina B6.

BUT on the contrary people driving the traditional (NON-AWD) M-Cars love them exactly because of that - because they "spin" and because it takes some skllls to drive them in certain conditions when pressing hard on that pedal. Thus a lot of M-car owners prefer the wheels "spinning" to an AWD car such as the new M5 where the AWD and the electronics do a big part of the job for you. I know a never-ending debate could originate from this but ultimately it depends what you do with the car as well as in what climate and weather conditions you mostly drive it. Just my 2 cents.
The beauty of the new AWD M5 is that with a touch of a button you can disengage the AWD system and go back to your RWD roots. If the M8 comes with this feature, now you're talking about breaking performance molds of our time. RWD or AWD with a touch of a button on a 700hp car with a tune only is going to be insane
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 04:15 PM   #22
F06WINS
First Lieutenant
F06WINS's Avatar
Italy
98
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: F06 LCI & F32
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
I would, but I would love an E30 M3 in there better because they go for over $100k pristine now, and the E24 might pull in $40k in the same condition. That market value represents which one is iconic and down the road in 40 years the I8 may fall into that category but the F chassis 6 series will not, it's just another BMW model in the end that didn't change anything about performance or technology and that's why there will be no "iconic" label on them down the road. A car needs to break the current mold for that status based on other historical cars like the E30 was just example but that baby changed the face of performance and handling for its time, so did the Toyota Supra, Porsche 911, etc.
To be honest moi will take an E24 M635CSI over an E30 M3 any day. But that is personal preference. If we speak of prices, in Germany you can get an E30 M3 with just 4500 km for under 70.000 Euro (currently on Autoscout24.de).

The "cheapest" M635 CSI I found with less than 50.000 km is listed at almost 75.000 Euro and has 42.666 km

A "normal" non-M 635 from 1989 with just over 24.000 km is listed at 60.970 Euro.....

And if you really want to go PRISTINE:

E24 BMW 635 CSI - 428 KM - 125.000 Euro

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...e14?cldtidx=16

A pristine E30 M3 with just 189 KM is found for 89.000 Euro "after they restored it...."

I am speaking for the German market. You may have other findings in the US.

Yes the E30 may have set the pace in many respects back then but that for me alone does not automatically put is above other models. Cars evolve big time and each era, each epoque is unique and brings something to the table in one way or another.
And again the F06 (just like F12, F13) are still great BMW models that people love and will stare at when driving by. Whether they will be truly iconic honestly is of secondary or even tertiary concern to me and is not something I am concerned with right now. I will not bite the dust if it does not turn out to be so. My priority is to enjoy it as much as possible.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST