BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-05-2021, 11:43 AM   #1
ppasiakos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Convertible

First service since new motor

BMW did an oil change yesterday at the 1200 mile mark for proper M Car break in period. They said everything looked perfect. I am replacing rear brake pads sensor and rotors which hopefully cures the horrendous squealing at every stop. Also on a side note. I had the TSB for steering rattle addressed and they replaced the vibration generator and it is now markedly improved. Rough roads at high speeds no annoying rattle anymore and when lane keep is turned on the vibration in the wheel is much more pronounced. So anyone with that issue should have that done.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:58 PM   #2
Minacious
The Dovahkiin
Rep
Drives: LCI M6 GC, other stuff.

Glad to read that all is well. Considering the engine is brand new, it should be, but nowadays, you never know.

Also, great timing on that TSB. That exact vibration has plagued me for a while and my attempts to pinpoint it have failed. With a service bulletin, I should have no issues getting BMW to sort it out.
Appreciate 0