BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-01-2022, 02:00 PM   #1
NGROSSO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6 -- 2016 M6

NY Emissions, Highflow DP's, Exhaust and Tunes?

Hi All,

Thinking I'd like to go for a sound that's a little more refined and it would be nice to pass NYS Emissions anyways.

Anyone have experience running high flow cats? Any specific ones out there that will pass an emissions inspection? Do they eliminate waste gate rattle? Do they eliminate drone? Will I no longer get dirty looks from older folks when driving by?

Currently have Project Gamma catless pipes, full miesterschaft 102mm and DME S2. The car is mean but I live in the middle of nowhere and am tired of getting dirty looks from country club goers.

Tempted to go with a highflown cat and Bootmod. Bummed about losing the DME performance but I like the idea of being able to turn on and off coldstart along with changing different maps. If DME had these capabilities I'd never change.

Any advice appreciated, very unfamiliar with high flow cats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 11:23 PM   #2
RJV3
Customize Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F06 Gran Coupe/ 16 F10 535

If there's any chance to, I'd opt to leave the car as is. With the bolt ons you have installed, agree the car is perfect. Don't worry about those dirty looks by the envious ones...... I'm sure more people stare at your car in amazement when parked.
Love the color by the way.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 11:54 PM   #3
Mirza_7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6-GO6, M6-F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGROSSO View Post
Hi All,

Thinking I'd like to go for a sound that's a little more refined and it would be nice to pass NYS Emissions anyways.

Anyone have experience running high flow cats? Any specific ones out there that will pass an emissions inspection? Do they eliminate waste gate rattle? Do they eliminate drone? Will I no longer get dirty looks from older folks when driving by?

Currently have Project Gamma catless pipes, full miesterschaft 102mm and DME S2. The car is mean but I live in the middle of nowhere and am tired of getting dirty looks from country club goers.

Tempted to go with a highflown cat and Bootmod. Bummed about losing the DME performance but I like the idea of being able to turn on and off coldstart along with changing different maps. If DME had these capabilities I'd never change.

Any advice appreciated, very unfamiliar with high flow cats.
After switching the car back to stock DPs from catless… I can say I'm less enthused by the m6 and wish I could've kept it catless/stage2.

But, the positives I've noted are:
I don't have to deal with the headache of NYS inspections.
The car would smoke too much catless, as soon as stock cats went back in; no more smoke.
The neighbors are probably happier now as well. (I felt the cold start delete was screwing up my idle on BM3, it didn't feel stable so I kept it on).
Wastegate rattle was way too noticeable catless.

If you happen to switch to high flow DPs, let us know the outcome/thoughts compared to catless.
Appreciate 0